Still useful REM weapons
First Page 2
 Asura.Varunius
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nates1984
By Asura.Varunius 2018-07-15 21:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Probably beating a dead horse, but Google Fu brings up outdated threads...

Intentional lack of A, as REM can all be soloed but A cannot, and I'm about to enter a very long stretch where group content will be... Challenging... So why not build my first (few) REMs?

Yag and Nirvana are obviously still useful, and I have both jobs pretty well geared out, but what other REM weapons are worth getting?

I haven't really settled on a heavy DD yet, so the typical "get the one for the job you like" doesn't make sense, and this conversation will be a factor in that decision.

Alt is doing coalition quests, and will work towards Idris there.

If it's useful:

Main: BLU, COR, BLM, SMN, WHM
Alt: GEO, THF
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-15 21:49:39
Link | Citer | R

Tizona,Almace,Death Penalty,Idris,Twashtar for the jobs you have,
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-15 21:53:42
Link | Citer | R

If you can't do aeonics then Armageddon is still a really solid gun for non-Leaden shooting. Highest RACC COR gun and I still use it occasionally when I have EMA for it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Davorin 2018-07-15 23:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Caerda said: »
A lot of people will dismiss aeonic for thf as well but its a pretty good weapon.

What?
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-15 23:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Davorin said: »
Caerda said: »
A lot of people will dismiss aeonic for thf as well but its a pretty good weapon.

What?

Same person that said most aeonics were crap and just trophy pieces. Should prob take what they say with a grain of salt lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-15 23:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Varunius said: »

Main: BLU, COR, BLM, SMN, WHM
Alt: GEO, THF

been mentioned mostly but will throw in my 2 cents:

Relics: probably none for the jobs you listed

Mythics: Tizona, Death Penalty, Laevateinn, Nirvana, Yagrush,Vajra(not Twash good but still very potent),Idris(Ergons are in the same category as Mythics due to AM style). Yeah, every job you listed can make use of their mythic. As a Laev owner I will give the caveat that gearing for a Laev is more difficult due to the lack of INT, but with the aftermath you can do some really scary things esp if you find yourself soloing on BLM and not just a "burst-only" BLM.

Empyreans: Almace,Armageddon,Gambeteinn,Twashtar. Gamb is a macro piece, but for the perfectionist WHM, its a great thing to have. Armageddon can be a devastating(no pun intended) weapon for sure, but requires some unique gearing for Aftermath.
[+]
 Asura.Varunius
user: nates1984
By Asura.Varunius 2018-07-15 23:38:36
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone for the comments.

What are the best REMs for heavy DDs (i.e. jobs I don't have listed)? I want to level / gear one up once RL settles down.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-07-16 00:03:27
Link | Citer | R

War and drg relics while not the best overall are pretty good and easy to make, great sword is ok but there are non RMEA that beat it most of the time for war and drk. Empy GS for drk is pretty good but fairly expensive to make. I’m not sure where Sam relic falls but IIRC mythic is not so good.
 Bismarck.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2018-07-16 00:06:37
Link | Citer | R

for most DD's top weapons will be aeonics. but honorable mentions would be Relic great sword, and empy great katana come to mind. cant think of any mythics that are still good for more than anything but macro swaps for DD's off the top of my head. i'm sure someone will correct me heh.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-16 00:11:25
Link | Citer | R

What are the best REMs for heavy DDs (i.e. jobs I don't have listed)? I want to level / gear one up once RL settles down.

Caladbolg, masamune, apoc(if you lowman more often) are all fairly useful for heavy DD.

I would skip ragnarok and go for raetic hq if Im a war and need a high acc gs, but on drk its worth considering because raetic drains mp, and drk has torc which closes 3 step light with ragnarok.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-16 01:29:25
Link | Citer | R

You would first need to sit down and figure out which job you would want to devote the time and effort into building a REM, but most will get the job done for 2-handers. Any of the REM are going to fall in the ranking of #1-4 for each job.

Afania made some good points about some of the stronger Empys that should be considered when looking at those jobs. I absolutely love Calad and Masa, and have a blast playing with them.
 Odin.Archaide
Serveur: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-07-16 01:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Although situational, Gastraphetes and Death Penalty are still worth it. I have both and use them a lot.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-16 11:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Considering the damage that a modern ranger could put out, some of us consider it a "heavy DD" too. In that regard, its incredibly important that any RNG who does content in old zones regularly (UNMs, Master Trials come to mind) having an Annihilator cannot be stressed enough. More important than a Fomalhaut (although you'll use Chrono Bullets for everything of course), way more important than an Armageddon.

These days ways to specialize weapons is the flavour du jour. Yes, there is a "best", but there are situations that dictate other attributes besides DPS at times. If you find yourself just loving a job, being relatively good at it (in the minds of others), and have the gear, multiple RMEAs WILL get used in differing situations.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-16 11:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Considering the damage that a modern ranger could put out, some of us consider it a "heavy DD" too. In that regard, its incredibly important that any RNG who does content in old zones regularly (UNMs, Master Trials come to mind) having an Annihilator cannot be stressed enough. More important than a Fomalhaut (although you'll use Chrono Bullets for everything of course), way more important than an Armageddon.

These days ways to specialize weapons is the flavour du jour. Yes, there is a "best", but there are situations that dictate other attributes besides DPS at times. If you find yourself just loving a job, being relatively good at it (in the minds of others), and have the gear, multiple RMEAs WILL get used in differing situations.
With multiple REMs I agree 100 percent. Only guns I’m missing is DP and form. But after researching for rng chrono bullets for the win.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-16 11:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »

With multiple REMs I agree 100 percent. Only guns I’m missing is DP and form. But after researching for rng chrono bullets for the win.

Oh goodness what two to miss out on! DP will turn your COR into a one-man wrecking crew in Dynamis for statue duty, and Fomalhaut (as you did point out) gives both of your ranged jobs the strongest bullet in the game for ALL your guns. I'll swap in Armageddon's Devastating Bullets on COR if I need a racc boost beyond my high-acc set (usually if I'm trying to shoot while buffing a mage party and I probably shouldn't shoot anyways^^), but outside of that situation, Chrono Bullets are 100% midshot/phys WS bullet.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-16 12:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I’m so lazy ; ; I have almost 2 weapons worth of Alex’s for like the last 6 or 7 years but haven’t finished the mythic quests yet cause I’m lazy ::
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2018-07-16 12:59:04
Link | Citer | R

the only UNM remotely dangerous enough for that to be a concern is Tumult Curator as basically everything else melts pretty damn fast. Annihilator is nice to have, but it is extremely niche these days.
By fonewear 2018-07-16 13:05:00
Link | Citer | R

The clear answer is every weapon so you can be red white and blue !

If it was me I'd do mythic first because that to me takes a considerable time.

Easier to do other weapons before mythic.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-16 13:11:36
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »

the only UNM remotely dangerous enough for that to be a concern is Tumult Curator as basically everything else melts pretty damn fast. Annihilator is nice to have, but it is extremely niche these days.

It is good in situations where you need high acc and don't want to pull hate.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-16 13:22:22
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Yeah I’m so lazy ; ; I have almost 2 weapons worth of Alex’s for like the last 6 or 7 years but haven’t finished the mythic quests yet cause I’m lazy ::
How do you store so much Alex?
Mules I still haven’t finished captain (super lazy)
[+]
By Justuas 2018-07-16 13:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Where did u get so much alex tho.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-16 13:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Justuas said: »
Where did u get so much alex tho.
When I was making good Gil on crafting I bought Alex’s when people had them cheap in bazaars but that was 6 to 8 years ago over the years.
By fonewear 2018-07-16 13:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Out of all the things to do some of the assault missions are beyond annoying.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-16 13:35:53
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »

Out of all the things to do some of the assault missions are beyond annoying.
Facts :(
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-07-16 13:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Probably the only one, but I wish there was a KI we could buy to skip all the BS quests for building weapons, or not waiting 8 months because of coalitions.
That being said, most are useful.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-07-16 14:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Gogo DP and Gastra! I’m rootin for ya Drakenv!!!
[+]
First Page 2