Potentially Returning Player

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Potentially returning player
Potentially returning player
By devasbismarck 2018-07-05 13:51:46
Link | Citer | R

The game randomly pops into my thoughts from time to time :)

How is the game state right now? I havent played in quite some time so im not sure if i would struggle to catch up. How EU time zone friendly is the server atm as i recall i historically i struggled alot to organise things.

Not sure should i leave it alone or give it a try again.
 Bismarck.Tesiex
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Tesiex
By Bismarck.Tesiex 2018-07-11 09:55:47
Link | Citer | R

The game is in a good place right now. There's tons to do at varying levels of difficulty with varying amount of people needed. Bismarck isn't the most crowded server but there are usually enough people to get stuff done through shouting (at least on the weekends).

Catching up depends on what job you want to play as some are harder than others but you can get into starter gear for endgame activities solo.

There is a great returning player's guide here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana'diel
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-07-11 10:24:23
Link | Citer | R

totally agree that the game is in a great place right now.

Come back and play again! and be careful when you ask which server is best... look at the recent threads first. :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-11 10:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Come back tot he game, it's still fun. Easy to get things done lowman.

Do not create a thread or ask: which server should I join? Unless of course you want to see a war between [insert small server defender] and [asuran white knight].
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-11 10:36:39
Link | Citer | R

Kodaijin said: »
totally agree that the game is in a great place right now.

Come back and play again! and be careful when you ask which server is best... look at the recent threads first. :)
Facts
By BlaTheTaru 2018-07-11 12:59:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm having more fun on XI now than I ever did. It's still a grind, but it's a much more casual grind, and I am loving it.
[+]
By Luminiferous 2018-07-11 13:17:58
Link | Citer | R

I just recently came back 3 months ago and I've already been able to create a Twashtar (about a month of casual work) and farm enough gil to buy gear necessary to compete in end game. Of course, having over 5,000 voidwatch stones helped a lot with that. Definitely come back and give it a go again! QoL improvements made this game much more enjoyable.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-11 14:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Luminiferous said: »
I just recently came back 3 months ago and I've already been able to create a Twashtar (about a month of casual work)

So true. I don't miss the days of farming silk threads and saruta cottons for haubergeon money for NOTHING. You can make at least 2 million gil every monday night (and I think thursday afternoon, EST) via Gain EXP Records of Eminence quest, which allows you to convert sparks and accolades (currency) to items you can sell to vendors, or used to pop NMs that drop items that sell for a good bit. Even beginners have no real reason to remain broke anymore if they don't sit around and wait for something to happen. There's a ton of stuff to do and I highly recommend anyone thinking about it, to return. You'll get right back into it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-11 14:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Btw, many of us would find it completely acceptable to ask here what's a good EU presence server. That's a far cry from the usual "should i move to asura" threads.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-07-11 14:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
thursday afternoon
Wed, right now, actually.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2018-07-11 16:45:56
Link | Citer | R

Yes, come back it's fun.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-11 16:47:42
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
What did you do with the VW stones to make money?

Probably Aellos, Bismarck spam. Qilin, vendor the other garbage or stack em and sell on AH. You'd be surprised how much gil in vendor sellables you can earn just holding onto random mats.
[+]
By Luminiferous 2018-07-11 19:56:57
Link | Citer | R

I didn't touch VW when it came out so my stones just accumulated. With 5000ish stones (after the 3 periapts) I never had to buy Heavy Metal and just spammed Aello. I made enough from selling profit items to the AH and NPC the rest (plus Spark shields) to buy the remaining cinders and boulders to afterglow, and then some.

Post deleted by User.
By Luminiferous 2018-07-12 06:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Trade Red and Blue cells. That's all you need for pouches, plates, ect. to drop. You can use Phase Displacers too, doesn't affect the drop rate. Hope this helps!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-12 07:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Given the fact that you use them and get those same inventory slots back anyways, it's a non issue. Honestly red matters more but if you're going to mats, would definitely bring blue as well. I don't do vw because I've used all of my stones past few campaigns, so I need to sit out a good year until I can spam it in succession again. But for anyone sitting on tons of stones, there's still good money to be made spamming vw, especially during campaign. Fight takes five seconds or so with weakeners
[+]
By Justuas 2018-07-12 08:05:20
Link | Citer | R

I think it's waste of stones to do vw without campaign... unless you're after the KIs and stuff.
By Luminiferous 2018-07-12 08:12:07
Link | Citer | R

5,000 stones was enough to get me 2,000 Heavy Metal from Aello. Didn't seem like a waste to me. Mileage will vary.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-12 08:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Gimme 1500 if you can
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-12 10:04:27
Link | Citer | R

hmm I've been sitting on several thousand stones for quite awhile. maybe Ill spam it next campaign.

I wouldn't mind upgrading one of my level 90 empy's which have been sitting in storage for years.
By Luminiferous 2018-07-12 11:21:05
Link | Citer | R

I promise, you don't need to wait for the campaign to do it. :) All the campaign does is lets you get away without using cells to unlock the "HQ" drop slot. Trading a red cell is enough outside the campaign. But I strongly recommend also trading blue because you'll get more items to NPC and sell on the AH. It really adds up.

Post deleted by User.