What's With All The Bots?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's with all the bots?
What's with all the bots?
First Page 2 3 4 5
By fonewear 2018-05-27 13:53:38
Link | Citer | R

If I want to go full conspiracy...all the botters/gil sellers work for SE and all the money gets funneled back to SE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-27 13:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
So....what I really want to know is, are you being taxed on this form of income? do you have a VAT number?
Just thinking of all the taxes I have to pay (afterwards) as a selfemployed... Those figures dont really say much if you dont calculate taxes etc. since this is a form of official income through electronic payment hence traceable.
I do have to pay taxes on it, and they are substantial because self employment tax requires you pay both ends of social security. My 'take home' was ~132k out of that 191k, and after subtracting subscription fees and electricity + computer maintenance it's more like 120k. I probably could save a couple thousand deducting subscription fees and home office expenses, but I don't, because it'd be a real pain in the *** to get an auditor to believe my online gaming expenses are business related.
By fonewear 2018-05-27 14:03:03
Link | Citer | R

It's capitalism at it's finest though. People are supplying those with little time or patience to endless farm the means to obtain what they want. If SE had "official gil" no one would think twice about participating in it.
 Asura.Vienner
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2018-05-27 14:05:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
So....what I really want to know is, are you being taxed on this form of income? do you have a VAT number?
Just thinking of all the taxes I have to pay (afterwards) as a selfemployed... Those figures dont really say much if you dont calculate taxes etc. since this is a form of official income through electronic payment hence traceable.
I do have to pay taxes on it, and they are substantial because self employment tax requires you pay both ends of social security. My 'take home' was ~132k out of that 191k, and after subtracting subscription fees and electricity + computer maintenance it's more like 120k. I probably could save a couple thousand deducting subscription fees and home office expenses, but I don't, because it'd be a real pain in the *** to get an auditor to believe my online gaming expenses are business related.
you should reconcider the auditor if this is your own house and depending on your business form you could rent your "office" to yourself for a monthly amount which then is 100% deductable through taxes (in Belgium, dunno bout the states). Normally your accountant should be suited for making such estimate and there would only be a check up when you get a tax control (atleast thats how it works here, but different country, possibly different rules). Making your workspace and "equipment" official is a short term hastle and investment but would pay of in the long run.
By fonewear 2018-05-27 14:05:30
Link | Citer | R

It is no different than all the mercs people complain about. But still use them to get aeonic clears anyways.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-27 14:10:58
Link | Citer | R

I've thought about it, but if I'm being honest I never planned to do this long term. I'm a very capable C#/C++ developer with a good amount of experience in a dozen other languages. It just kind of snowballed to the point that it'd be foolish to do anything else until the income leveled off.

My (admittedly brief) research indicated that making large home office deductions is a quick way to get audited in the USA, and audits aren't cheap either. You also are not technically allowed to deduct the rooms if you use them for things not related to business, likewise for equipment.

Currently keeping my wall of PCs that host bots in the same room as my dogs' crates and other things, and my primary PC is in an office my girlfriend's PC and desk are also in. Would need to rearrange quite a bit to be following it by the strict definition of the law, and even then auditors here have a reputation for being very unpleasant. Maybe a bit of a waste, but if I was intending to do this as a career I'd probably be more interested in maximizing my deductions.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-05-27 14:12:13
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
It is no different than all the mercs people complain about. But still use them to get aeonic clears anyways.
The problem is the people who are ok with buying gil. They create a market for it, its just kind of silly that this is possible for such an old game, specially now SE has dumbed down so many things in game.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-05-27 14:13:26
Link | Citer | R

And here I just play this game for fun...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-27 14:15:27
Link | Citer | R

The problem is the people who are ok with buying gil. They create a market for it, its just kind of silly that this is possible for such an old game, specially now SE has dumbed down so many things in game.

Just wait till they dumb it down till REMA weapons are in logon campaign . Then they make those weapons obsolete the cycle continues !
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-05-27 14:29:11
Link | Citer | R

Cant say I'm really blown away by 120k a year though, unless you really dont have to do anything for it cept turn your bot army on in the morning (figure of speech).

I guess it greatly depends on your lifestyle and the income of your other half/partner.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-27 14:30:26
Link | Citer | R

I didn't intend for anyone to be blown away by it, especially not anyone professional. I was just answering the immediate response of people calling ***.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-05-27 14:32:42
Link | Citer | R

I didn't intend for anyone to be blown away by it, especially not anyone professional. I was just answering the immediate response of people calling ***.
No you miss understood what I meant.
I meant its not such a huge amount of money in the end, but its good if you dont have to do much for said money.

Course Many people make more money, but they probably have to work a lot more for it, being in hours or being it physically or mentally.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-05-27 14:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Hello, I want to make 200k to play this dumb game too
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-27 14:58:45
Link | Citer | R

What is interesting to me is that bots are far more easy to get along with than most of the people on Asura...when you see a bot tell him 10010001001 for me !
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-05-27 16:26:31
Link | Citer | R

I believe everything written on FFXIAH. I mean some guy on the internet would never lie right...
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2018-05-27 16:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Right?! For most of us, $130k isn't anything to scoff at. I know that all my debts would be cleared, and I'd be able to go back to school (part-time anyway) and put some away for my daughter.

All for selling gil? shiiit.
By Justuas 2018-05-27 16:41:59
Link | Citer | R

If XIAH banned me for selling gil, they'd also have to ban *stuff*
I knew it. I assume the whole Gillionaire ls is full of rmt. I even spotted one of them botting the crafting shield a long time ago.
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2018-05-27 16:44:55
Link | Citer | R

I believe everything written on FFXIAH. I mean some guy on the internet would never lie right...

Normally, I wouldn't, but falsifying/forging tax documents is a felony, so I'll make an exception.
By Staleyx 2018-05-27 16:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
What is interesting to me is that bots are far more easy to get along with than most of the people on Asura...when you see a bot tell him 10010001001 for me !

They never complain about playing whm either.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-05-27 17:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ivykyori said: »

Normally, I wouldn't, but falsifying/forging tax documents is a felony, so I'll make an exception.

Need a picture of a character named asfasdfa to confirm it !

Bonus points if your char name is Imabot.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-27 17:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Justuas said: »
If XIAH banned me for selling gil, they'd also have to ban *stuff*
I knew it. I assume the whole Gillionaire ls is full of rmt. I even spotted one of them botting the crafting shield a long time ago.

Obviously? Apparently Toralin RUNS an RMT site.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-27 17:13:31
Link | Citer | R

account
swappers
dot
com

He only sells extremely overpriced things to people who don't have the good sense to look elsewhere, though. He built his business on advertising and making sure he ended up near the top of google's algorithms.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-05-27 17:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Comeatmebro pays my disability check. Keep up the good work!
[+]
 Asura.Luckyseven
By Asura.Luckyseven 2018-05-27 19:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Used to buy gil a few years ago. Work took most of my time as most of my days I would have 4 hours in travel time a day back and forth, then 8 hours of work. Then there was that needy wife that always craved attention... (Glad I got rid of her)
So with the little time I had to play this game, I really didn't want to spend it grinding boring stuff to make gil.

I don't really mind it, but I would like to SE take the same approach to RMT as EVE did.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-05-27 19:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Always wondered why SE didn't sell gil themselves.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-05-27 20:08:40
Link | Citer | R

No way, gotta conspiracy it up even more like:

Come At Me Bro is a term for when you're going to.... Square Off.(Squaresoft)
Brosale was the big gil selling site. It's all coming full circle..... or square.

dun dun dunnnnn

But for real, good on ya for IRL capitalism off a vidya game
By SkyFrog 2018-05-27 20:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aoryu said: »
with gil prices so low, how much real money do you make a month? genuinely curious, vague ballpark is fine if you don't mind.
around $14k, lowest month of 2018 has been $11,200 and highest $17,100

Whoa! Are you preying on the gullible here? I'm being sincere here. I don't know how much gil sells for nowadays, but if its price were $2 per million then $17,100 in a month equates to 8.55B gil sold. That's redonkulous!
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2018-05-27 20:49:32
Link | Citer | R

How long before they become sentient?
[+]