users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Molybdosis or Fomalhaut
Molybdosis or Fomalhaut
 Asura.Wyze
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wyze 2018-05-25 09:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Was wondering what would be best to use for leaden salute.
I have both and have been just using the fomal for tp bonus.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-25 09:39:38
Link | Citer | R

Check the Guide under "Leaden Salute" sets. DP > Moly > Doomsday is what the gear progression tiers show.

I also use Fomal, and I think I AMAN voucher'd my Moly cuz I was lazy and only wanted to keep one gun for shooting ws.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-25 09:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Fomal is certainly better than moly unless you're at 2700~ tp (~2450 with moonshade) or higher.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2018-05-25 10:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Build tp to 2700 with fomal and swap in moly for ws, repeat
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-25 10:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Check the Guide under "Leaden Salute" sets. DP > Moly > Doomsday is what the gear progression tiers show.

I also use Fomal, and I think I AMAN voucher'd my Moly cuz I was lazy and only wanted to keep one gun for shooting ws.

The gear progression shows difficulty in terms of obtaining them, not 2nd best alternative to DP. It assumes Fomalhaut is out of reach for those still gearing up thus not in there.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-05-25 10:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

The gear progression shows difficulty in terms of obtaining them, not 2nd best alternative to DP. It assumes Fomalhaut is out of reach for those still gearing up thus not in there.

I am assuming actual hierarchy would be DP > Fomal > Moly/Doomsday/Arma > Everything else?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-25 10:34:20
Link | Citer | R

I see. This is actually one of the reasons why I always see a "this or that" question in these "guide" threads. Too many assumptions that don't necessarily give a clear answer to gear choices. I understand no guide can answer every question, but from looking at the guide (and many others), a person reading that would not immediately stick fomal in between the "Dream" set and "mid-tier" set. Mid Tier is labelled as one where someone is "active in end game". From a guide perspective, that looks like its written: Best = DP, 2nd Best = Moly, if you're new = Doomsday. Fit Aeonic in there somewhere.
By Afania 2018-05-25 10:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

I am assuming actual hierarchy would be DP > Fomal > Moly/Doomsday/Arma > Everything else?

This is correct, with the exception of warcry+crystal blessing active. If both are active then moly may beat Fomalhaut if your ws set has lowish mab. If you are in a situation that you over TP a lot due to waiting for SC then moly wins too.

The point that favor moly depends on mab in gears

Spreadsheet shows using a low tier leaden set(only 20 mab on herculean, no relic +3 body)

At 750-800 over tp or tp bonus buffs moly wins. But that's not the case with relic +3 body and 40 mab Augmented herc.

Also it's not totally impossible to ws at 2000+ in blm sc situations. With tripe shot up and shooting in between sch sc getting 3000 tp ever leaden is totally doable.

Edit: just recheck numbers using different sets, fixed wording.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-05-25 10:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

This is correct, with the exception of warcry+crystal blessing active. If both are active then moly beats Fomalhaut. If you are in a situation that you over TP a lot due to waiting for SC then moly wins too.

How much of a gap would you say is there between a perfect Doomsday, Moly, and 119III Arma for Salute specifically?
By Boshi 2018-05-25 11:08:51
Link | Citer | R

Fomal > moly for leaden

Moly>fom for wildfire
By mythosbaby 2018-05-25 11:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

Wait hold the phone. You can swap in a new RA weapon prior to using a WS?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-25 11:16:38
Link | Citer | R

no, lol
By Afania 2018-05-25 11:47:51
Link | Citer | R

mythosbaby said: »
Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

Wait hold the phone. You can swap in a new RA weapon prior to using a WS?

That was a joke to make fun of people mentioning ws at 2700 tp. Realistically it is quite possible to ws at 2000 to 3000 tp in blm sc setup just because triple shot proc + qd dmg boost + regain = 3000 tp easily.

I wouldn't say moly is always behind Fomalhaut in practice.