Ambuscade V1 - January 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-10 05:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Hello every, I see that there isn't an ambuscade thread yet for v1; so starting this.

V1 monster type: Mamool Ja.

Optimal key item farming location: Survival Guide Mamook

V1 Boss: VD initially spawns with: 5 Nms: Bozzetto Lancer (Drg, spawns 3 wyverns), Bozzetto Moraingist (Brd?), Bozzetto Autarch (Nin?), Bozzetto Protector (Mamool Ja riding a Wivre, seems like it might be a Pld), Bozzetto Erudite.
(They all look super scary)
*I don't have any more info yet, they all basically 1-shot my 50% -pdt run on VD while fully buffed*

Please add any additional information you find, it is still to early to have a battle strategy with any mastery.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2018-01-10 07:06:20
Link | Citer | R

This is a repeat of September 2016. Tons of info in the original ambuscade thread if someone feels more inclined to drag it here than I do.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-01-10 07:36:22
Link | Citer | R

I just did a trial run.

Using NITRO lullaby, it got well on Moranguist, Erudite and Autarch. The wyverns and Protector completely resisted the lullaby. Im not sure if Lancer is as it didnt show in log but i repeated the lullaby and he never slept so i guess hes also resistant to lullaby.

Mobs doesnt seems like spamming TP moves (talking about wyverns, Lancer and Protector as the rest were sleeping during the fight). I didnt notice any AoE neither huge impacti TP move on RUN fully PDT. I tried to kill wyverns first as they werent glowing and didnt work much as the Lancer resummon them. They have around 30k HP. I didnt have much time to try the other mobs. What I do notice, before being sleept, is that the Autarch is the heavy hitter of the party. While others dealt 30~100 on Epol RUN fully buffed, Autarch was dealing ~500. But he seems the less resistant to lullaby than the others.
By tyalangan 2018-01-10 07:47:32
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I just did a trial run.

Using NITRO lullaby, it got well on Moranguist, Erudite and Autarch. The wyverns and Protector completely resisted the lullaby. Im not sure if Lancer is as it didnt show in log but i repeated the lullaby and he never slept so i guess hes also resistant to lullaby.

Mobs doesnt seems like spamming TP moves (talking about wyverns, Lancer and Protector as the rest were sleeping during the fight). I didnt notice any AoE neither huge impacti TP move on RUN fully PDT. I tried to kill wyverns first as they werent glowing and didnt work much as the Lancer resummon them. They have around 30k HP. I didnt have much time to try the other mobs. What I do notice, before being sleept, is that the Autarch is the heavy hitter of the party. While others dealt 30~100 on Epol RUN fully buffed, Autarch was dealing ~500. But he seems the less resistant to lullaby than the others.

This was on VE but on BLU my Dream Flower slept that Lancer as well as the ones you stated. FWIW.
By Pantafernando 2018-01-10 07:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Tried again with Sleepga II elemental seal and Lancer also went to sleep. Protector (the Wivre guy) again resisted. The wyverns rushed outside of the range so idk. Checking the other thread for info, gonna try reposting old info if verified.

Here is info from Papesse, and thats about all available from this one

Quote:
You need 3~5 msg/lvl2 SCs per mob to remove auras in VD intense. SC's dmg don't matter so you can open/close with weak WSs, you can build tp on wyverns too if necessary.
You need 1~3 Light SCs when the boss starts spamming San spells to cancel Mijin Gakure Kai (does it at 74, 49, 24 and 4%~, last one is a simple Mijin Gakure), once again SC's dmg don't seem to matter. Aegis PLD can survive with EA+Scherzo but a NIN can tank it too if everyone dies, can also survive one with Perfect Defense+EA+Scherzo.
Beware, the Boss CAN counter a Geo-debuff spell (and certain other debuff spells) with Hemotoxin Wheel but it's possible to place one when it's asleep or to do something like Indi-Frailty+Geo-Precision.
Our average time is 15~20 min atm, we still have some difficulties to prevent Mijin Gakure Kai but the fight becomes more and more easy for my group.

Quote:
VD Intense :
Double message happens when the WS closing a SC triggers the enemy's SP.
It seems impossible to get a message if the SC is made while the mob is casting or doing a TP move.
Boss is still relatively easy to defeat with 3/4 auras removed.
By eliroo 2018-01-10 09:45:57
Link | Citer | R

So I just went through the information in the original thread and it seems you have to SC the adds to remove their auras? What was the general strategy? Kill one add at a time and then kill boss or spam light on boss and kill him?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-10 09:52:04
Link | Citer | R

The strategy last time was this:

"*** that's irritating, let's to v2 instead"
[+]
By eliroo 2018-01-10 09:53:43
Link | Citer | R

I guess this was back when Intense rewards were pretty mediocre.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-01-10 10:14:12
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Intense Very Difficult is actually fairly easy once the auras are off every NM. The only pain was doing the 4-6 SC needed to remove the aura without killing them(soboro came in handy). BRD and GEO SPs were not used.

With the aura off the Mega Boss, it was taking so much damage so fast, it seemed to be locked in spell spam mode, so it didn't even use 1 TP move before it died(RIP Yaegasumi).

With more practice and more real people in the group to help remove auras faster, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see clear times in the 5-10 minute range.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-10 10:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Nice, so you basically keep doing the same tier2 SC on each add until the message "The foe's leader grew even more oppressive" then kill and repeat with a different t2. All those lazy SAMs I yell at that didn't get Norifusa for easy omen 6-step have another reason to be yelled at this month!
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2018-01-10 11:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Intense Very Difficult is actually fairly easy once the auras are off every NM. The only pain was doing the 4-6 SC needed to remove the aura without killing them(soboro came in handy). BRD and GEO SPs were not used.

With the aura off the Mega Boss, it was taking so much damage so fast, it seemed to be locked in spell spam mode, so it didn't even use 1 TP move before it died(RIP Yaegasumi).

With more practice and more real people in the group to help remove auras faster, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see clear times in the 5-10 minute range.

Can you spam the same skillchain over and over or do you need to rotate level 2s until you find the 'correct' one and use that? I see some folks saying it doesnt matter which skillchain but in your video it seemed like you uses different ones.
By eliroo 2018-01-10 11:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Gravitation -> Protector
Frag -> Moraingist
Dist -> Lancer
Fusion -> Erudite

Taken from the original thread
[+]
 Asura.Theenabler
By Asura.Theenabler 2018-01-10 11:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Nice, so you basically keep doing the same tier2 SC on each add until the message "The foe's leader grew even more oppressive" then kill and repeat with a different t2. All those lazy SAMs I yell at that didn't get Norifusa for easy omen 6-step have another reason to be yelled at this month!

He is using the actual level 50 Soboro though, not Norifusa. Norifusa would probably kill them before the aura is off.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-10 11:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Theenabler said: »

He is using the actual level 50 Soboro though, not Norifusa. Norifusa would probably kill them before the aura is off.
Good catch, still think that disabling gearswap and without crazy atk buffs you should be fine even with norifusa (+1), even omen transc lasts like 10 SC with that (different WS and SC but still ton more accuracy) and I'm sure they have less HP. Worst case farming a soboro is pretty quick now
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2018-01-10 13:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Theenabler said: »

Good thing I still have my Lv. 50 OG Soboro Sukehiro!

And my little Taru SAM mule can get in on some of that hot Ambuscade action this month too!

Question though. I do also have Norifusa +1, would using that be OK or should I use Soboro for SC spam then switch to a 119 weapon once it's aura is down?
By geigei 2018-01-10 14:27:33
Link | Citer | R

Fooled around triboxing blu sch geo on E, i found out sch sc are impossibru, i managed to get the first glow off somehow, then after my first spell i would get amnesiac, like everytime, also silenced. I also got charmed as blu, never once i changed.

Went run geo cor, had cor solo all sc's but grav, too much dmg and also invincible triggers, had geo open with hexa instead. She always got hate from protector and run wasnt able to pull it off.

Never bothered with sleeps, epeo run takes no dmg...until you bump it to N, then is 300-500 per hit from main.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-01-10 15:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Ejin is 3-4 boxing the fight, so that's probably why he's soloing all the SCs on SAM. Not everybody needs to go out and grab a Norifusa for this month, lol. 2 DD's using weak weapons will probably knock those auras off twice as fast.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-01-10 15:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Can you bypass the aura removal on E and just burn everything?
By geigei 2018-01-10 15:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Yes.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 15:47:40
Link | Citer | R

I didn't do any specific attempts to remove auras though my autos kind of naturally 3 step liq-> fusin -> grav so hit some. Killed everything but main which got to 3% but the draw in + majin Kai then wiped me. Might have had enough time to get away if wasn't so disoriented and took off running the right direction right away
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-10 15:50:36
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Yes.

What exactly does the aura do, just gives DT?

It took 25 damn minutes for a shout group (asura, obviously lol) to clear EASY.
By geigei 2018-01-10 15:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Some dt, once i frgt to kill 1 add and it was noticeably harder to kill. Takes 5min+ in 3 to clear E after buffs. Need to be on top erasing, silena and viruna, those wreck your pt.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2018-01-10 17:47:39
Link | Citer | R

How much Accuracy is needed for melee (VD)?
 Phoenix.Erics
Serveur: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-01-10 17:59:26
Link | Citer | R

did scs, got message on every mob but the auras didnt disappear.
got to boss and he still had aura at the end
By aigulfe 2018-01-10 18:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Did a few rounds of this on D.. couple observations...

Each add's aura requires 2 messages to fully drop. The second message is slightly different, says "the Foe's leader" Once you see that, the mob has lost his aura and can be killed.

The boss has a TP move called Miasma that I'm certainly puts his aura back up. Once that happens im not sure how to remove it... guessing light SCs maybe.

We killed it twice on D. The first time we got his aura down before engaging by removing the adds' aura successfully. We had a SAM and a SMN. The plan was to conduit him but not sure we did that. I (as the GEO) got charmed basically the second I popped bolster and dropped frailty on it.. this seemed to be a recurring theme). I dont think he got his aura back up and we never saw mijin and won quite easily.

Round 2 we had two SAMs because the one who was on SMN didn't hae conduit back up yet. Took aura off successfully from the adds. I got charmed again the second I dropped a geo bubble on him (so my question is was I just unlucky or did other GEOs get this also? Theory is maybe the last person to cast on him gets charmed. One time the BRD got charmed before I'd done much to him.. every other time it was me cept for once when it got the RUN while I was already charmed)... anyway, this time he got miasma off, got his aura bac and did mijin us. The SAM (yaegasumi I think), the RUN and myself (still charmed lol) all lived. The other SAM, BRD and WHM all died. They RRed and the RUN and I held the boss until we were ready. He didn't mijin again, unsure if he can do it 2x one fight. He did charm a lot and drop that 200/tick poison on us a lot.

Kinda thinking the excessive TP feed from 2 SAMs was what made the second win much trickier. BPs dont feed TP right? and one SAM can easily handle all the lvl 2 SCs to drop the auras.

Not sure what the deal with charm is. If theres a gimmick to make sure it doesnt take the GEO and basically waste bolster that would be helpful. Otherwise I think I'd almost rather go COR lol
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-01-10 18:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Can you spam the same skillchain over and over or do you need to rotate level 2s until you find the 'correct' one and use that? I see some folks saying it doesnt matter which skillchain but in your video it seemed like you uses different ones.

The level 2 skillchain you need to use corresponds to the color of the NM's dual aura. For example, the WHM NM has a red/white aura, so Fusion(Light/Fire properties) skillchain is used to break its aura.

Asura.Xenomorph said: »
How much Accuracy is needed for melee (VD)?

I have 973 accuracy without food or buffs on SAM with Soboro on, so I'd say you need around 1250 range after buffs to hit the adds.

Phoenix.Erics said: »
did scs, got message on every mob but the auras didnt disappear.
got to boss and he still had aura at the end

There are multiple messages, so you need to do the skillchain several times to actually remove the aura. You'll know you broke the NM's aura when it 1) does the staff/weapon breaking animation most mamools do and 2) when the NM's aura visually disappears.
[+]
By aigulfe 2018-01-10 19:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Scavenged thru the old ambu thread circa Sept 2016 and this post seemed to be of interest to me:

"You need 3~5 msg/lvl2 SCs per mob to remove auras in VD intense. SC's dmg don't matter so you can open/close with weak WSs, you can build tp on wyverns too if necessary.
You need 1~3 Light SCs when the boss starts spamming San spells to cancel Mijin Gakure Kai (does it at 74, 49, 24 and 4%~, last one is a simple Mijin Gakure), once again SC's dmg don't seem to matter. Aegis PLD can survive with EA+Scherzo but a NIN can tank it too if everyone dies, can also survive one with Perfect Defense+EA+Scherzo.
Beware, the Boss CAN counter a Geo-debuff spell (and certain other debuff spells) with Hemotoxin Wheel but it's possible to place one when it's asleep or to do something like Indi-Frailty+Geo-Precision.
Our average time is 15~20 min atm, we still have some difficulties to prevent Mijin Gakure Kai but the fight becomes more and more easy for my group."
[+]
By zoris 2018-01-10 19:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Figured this might help since the counter mechanic had not been mentioned (unless I missed it).
From the old thread:
Asura.Kunel said: »
Compiling some additional info on Intense based on some JP blogs, wiki, and personal experience inside.

-All mobs counter any form of magic damage (even if it’s 1 dmg), and this includes BLU physical spells.

NIN – single target damage, charm, and poison
DRG – unknown
WHM – single target damage and silence
MNK – single target damage, poison, knockback
PLD – single target damage, silence, amnesia

-Mobs can be slept by a BLU’s Dreamflower or by BRD.

-Boss (NIN) on D is highly evasive, and even with 1230 base ACC misses were common. Suggesting to keep Geo-Precision up when it’s time to kill the boss.

-Lv2 SCs are definitely part of the mechanic to break the aura on the mobs, but there is another aspect that needs to be discovered. This could either be a certain damage threshold that needs to be reached on SC damage or some completely different mechanic.

Using lv2 SCs in the aforementioned order on normal successfully removed all the auras in a single try, but on D it was not a guarantee. I ended up breaking the WHM’s aura with Ignis rune damage and a scission SC, so not sure what happened there.

One group was even trying to go in the order depending on the type of day it was… But this seems a little far-fetched (not writing it off completely, but I dunno about this…)

I’ll be continuing to scour Japanese blogs to find out more information, as well as slamming my head against the wall trying to figure it out myself through trial and error.
[+]
By aigulfe 2018-01-10 19:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah even dia seems to be.. not off the table maybe but not worth doing. Every time I'd dia the sahagin, for example, hed do something nasty in return.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6