Gearing Sudden Lunge.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Gearing sudden lunge.
Gearing sudden lunge.
By DaneBlood 2017-12-15 07:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Iv'e recieved multiple contradiction information on this.

Sudden lunge isa physsical spell with stun effect. ok
Physsical spells needs normal (physsical) accuracy to land.

But does that count for the stun effect as well ? or is the stun effect Considered magical and needs mag. Acc. ?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 07:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Stun is macc based, but you still have to land the spell, physically.

I just use Jhakri. It has both. Can't be wrong.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2017-12-15 08:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Stun is macc based, but you still have to land the spell, physically.

I just use Jhakri. It has both. Can't be wrong.

Thank you. was waiting for this month to get jhakri but it appears to be not available for total hallmakrs *sigh*

So bassically need enough acc to land the physsical hit, after that need enough macc to make the effect land. gotcha
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-12-15 08:47:52
Link | Citer | R

I’m not sure how much it helps but I mix in Blue Skill too. My stuns last a good 10+ seconds sometimes but that may very well just be Sudden Lunge all on it’s own
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-15 09:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Should be a good combination of ACC+MACC, with an emphasis more on macc since you can naturally boost your acc much easier. As mentioned, Jhakri+2 is a great set. Ayanmo+2 as well.

Not sure how far in the gear progression you are. Average set would look something like this:

Main/Sub = main dps swords, acc
ammo - Hydrocera (Macc +6) OR Falcon Eye (acc+13, if you're hurting)

Head, Body, Hands, Legs, Feet - Jhakri+2 or Ayanmo+2. I just looked at each piece and both sets offer the same amount of acc/macc. Ayanmo has a higher haste value overall, making your recast timers much more manageable (though not a big deal for sudden lunge). The advantage to using Full Jhakri+2 is you get a set bonus if you pair the ring with it, for Fast Cast (roughly 15%)

Rings - Etana Ring (this offers both acc/macc so it's BIS cheap option, Jhakri (set bonus), Weatherspoon (highest macc from non HQ), Ayanmo, Perception Ring. Alternative options on the higher end are Stikini Ring/+1, which I imagine are BIS for high end.

Earrings - Dignitary Earring, Hermetic Earrings, Odnowa/+1 if can't access the macc ones.

Neck - Sanctity Neck, or if you have the magic torque it's ok I guess.
Waist - Eschan Stone
Back - MACC ambu back if you want to make one
[+]