First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-09-19 18:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Hello folks,

So after debating with Drgs on my server, the general rating on the Drg REMAs that they prefer is: Aeonic > Mythic > Relic > Empy.

However, I personally rather like how Rhongomiant appears and look forward to acquiring it. With the ability to hit 3k tp rather quickly with jumps, along with Spirit Link haste, AG should be rather easy to take advantage of on Drg. I know the Empy weapons for War (DA Traits) and Dk (Attack Bonus Traits) are VERY popular, at least on my server, as with max haste the damage output is substantial.

Therefore I ask, what application does Rhon have end game? How does it compete with other Drg REMAs? Can it compete with other Empy jobs? And/or why is it so unpopular?

Thank you,
Senaki.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-19 19:07:37
Link | Citer | R

Sum one once told me the world is gona troll me, Mythic > Aeonic > Relic > JSE > lvl 1 pitchfork > Emp

Make what ever the hell u want but also Drg in end game does not compute. What is the End of game you speak?
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2017-09-19 19:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Empy if you can keep am up, Aeonic if you can skill chain, mythic keeps up with aeonic if you can't sc spam. Relic meh.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-09-19 19:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Hello folks,

So after debating with Drgs on my server, the general rating on the Drg REMAs that they prefer is: Aeonic > Mythic > Relic > Empy.

However, I personally rather like how Rhongomiant appears and look forward to acquiring it. With the ability to hit 3k tp rather quickly with jumps, along with Spirit Link haste, AG should be rather easy to take advantage of on Drg. I know the Empy weapons for War (DA Traits) and Dk (Attack Bonus Traits) are VERY popular, at least on my server, as with max haste the damage output is substantial.

Therefore I ask, what application does Rhon have end game? How does it compete with other Drg REMAs? Can it compete with other Empy jobs? And/or why is it so unpopular?

Thank you,
Senaki.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs#Ultimate_Weapons
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-09-19 20:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Sum one once told me the world is gona troll me, Mythic > Aeonic > Relic > JSE > lvl 1 pitchfork > Emp

Make what ever the hell u want but also Drg in end game does not compute. What is the End of game you speak?

"End game" to me realates to Ambuscade V1, Omen, Unity Concord lvl 135+, and Aeonic NMs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-09-19 20:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Your application has been approved, please enjoy your new weapon.

Even your profile picture comes across as a troll haha.

Definition of "Application" by google:

1. "a formal request to an authority for something.
2. the action of putting something into operation."

In context, I'm using No. 2. :p
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-19 20:10:56
Link | Citer | R

"End game" to me realates to Ambuscade V1, Omen, Unity Concord lvl 135+, and Aeonic NMs.
Well like i said I would make w/e I want if I was in your position. Relic is cheap and probably faster to make unless you can burn an Aeonic in a day(which is always something select people can do while others it takes a few days or longer) Mythic is only hard if you have limited time and Emp would take the longest to make. With that ramble said. I still say Mythic over every other option but nothing wrong with having them all even the Pitchfork!
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-19 20:28:16
Link | Citer | R

That initial rating in the OP seems pretty off to me. With 3000 TP starts and max buffs like on HELMS, Rhongomiant ranks first. This can be confirmed on the spreadsheet, as it has a small edge over Trish in those scenarios, and the Mythic falls last.

Gungnir is a nice all rounder, The fact you don't need to spend 3K TP to waste weaponskills is great in shorter duration stuff, and you gain access to a distortion weaponskill which let's you close Darkness following it up with a Stardiver after you put up AM.

Aeonic is beastly and DRG has access no really nice mulitsteps to take advantage of it. There is literally no situation where it is ever bad.

The mythic just doesn't have a niche. It doesn't have anywhere where it shines. It really took a beatdown with all of the OAT that has been added.

No way an overall rank set could include Empy last, given the importance of performing well in the hardest fights. I tend to feel that Mythic is the worst, currently.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-09-19 21:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Every answer as to "which is the best" is going to be different depending on who you ask. Seeing as there aren't a whole lot of people with all of the weapons AG'd to run definitive tests, it'll be personal choice in the end. That said, if you don't have any ultimate weapons for dragoon as of yet:

1.) Trishula requires the least currency, effort, and time to complete and will instantly outshine everything else available to you the moment you get it.
However, you're going to need connections with people that can do the content and "useful jobs", or else someone's probably going to charge you about 100+ mil to drag you through clears. Trish is going to shine for solo spamming short fights and closing chains for mages for obvious reasons.
Plus, you're going to be able to utilize the AM at all levels just from TP generation.

2.) Gungnir is relatively cheap to complete compared to the others and doesn't require as much time invested into farming. It has a plethora of stats that I would argue make it relatively similar to/better than Ryuno/Rhongo for specific reasons. For starters, you're essentially going to get a fraction of both Rhongo and Ryuno's AMs from the hidden effect and the aftermath. No matter what you're doing, you're probably going to have at least 17.5% defdown on whatever you're fighting. The real selling point to Gungnir, especially if you don't have Trishula or other weapons, is that Gungnir is going to be the king of the farm. It may not seem like a big deal, but those shock spikes are going to make a hell of a difference if you were to, oh, let's say...

...pull the entirety of Reisenjima #3/4/etc. while slapping the ***out of Sonic Thrust.
If anything, Gungnir is going to make farming for Trishula faster than wasting your life and money on Ryuno/Rhongo.

3.)

4.) Woof. It's Trishula with 50VIT and no stats or lv4 skillchain. It's probably going to take more time and money to complete than Ryunohige. In order to see the potential from it, you're going to need: Maxed out gear, every class buff available, and entering into fights with 3k tp. Not terribly hard to manage considering, but it's just auto damage. Mind you, that because of the way the empy AM works (affecting DA/TA swings, etc.), it's going to be an extremely impressive amount of auto damage. Like I said, if they made the AM affect weaponskills or put 20-40% increased CT damage on it - it would be an absolutely great weapon hands down - no argument... but they didn't. If you're looking to just run around steamrolling with drag, make Gung/Trish, save your money, save your time, and if you really feel the need to make Mythic/Empyrean weapons:

Make a better weapon for another class.

But hey, if you want to waste your life over arguable damage parses, go ahead.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-09-19 21:55:33
Link | Citer | R

I have all 4, i'd rank them Aeonic (barely) > Empy > Relic > Mythic.

Aeonic is all around awesome in all situations, never a bad choice. Empy is great for super buffed melee zergs. Gungnir is solid and good value in terms of effort to obtain plus Distortion property WS. Mythic just falls way behind because the availability of MA gear really devalues its biggest selling point (AM3) coupled with lowest base dmg and nigh worthless Jump enhancement.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-19 21:57:58
Link | Citer | R

I would rank them that same way.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-09-19 22:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Umopepisdn said: »
I have all 4, i'd rank them Aeonic (barely) > Empy > Relic > Mythic.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-09-19 22:47:44
Link | Citer | R

empyrean isn't as good in practice as it is on paper. aeonic you just can't go wrong with at all and if you had to get one that'd be it.
[+]
By Boshi 2017-09-20 10:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
1.) Trishula requires the least currency, effort, and time to complete and will instantly outshine everything else available to you the moment you get it.
However, you're going to need connections with people that can do the content and "useful jobs", or else someone's probably going to charge you about 100+ mil to drag you through clears.

You're welcome.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-09-21 08:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, interesting. Thank you for the information involving Drg REMA choice.

Does anyone happen to know how Drg Empy generally compares to other 2H job Empy? Like, is it hard to compete with other jobs, or is Drg favored when getting into content?
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-09-21 08:36:32
Link | Citer | R

is Drg favored when getting into content?
By fillerbunny9 2017-09-21 09:50:09
Link | Citer | R

if I were going from nothing to an RMEA at this point, I would probably build a Trishula and call it a day. DRG is really not in a place to be desirable in "endgame" content to the general playerbase, but with the ability to Darkness self-skillchain all day long just using Stardiver, it allows you strength in solo content.

the amount of effort necessary to build a Rhongomiant from scratch coupled with DRG's low desirability for groups seems like putting in a lot of work to stand around in town.
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-09-21 10:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, interesting. Thank you for the information involving Drg REMA choice.

Does anyone happen to know how Drg Empy generally compares to other 2H job Empy? Like, is it hard to compete with other jobs, or is Drg favored when getting into content?
50 VIT is relatively disappointing, given the stats our weapon skills want.

As for competing with other DPS, expect lower individual performance, but excellent skill chain flexibility.

Angon is also quite nice.
 Fenrir.Celdwn
Serveur: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2017-09-21 11:07:54
Link | Citer | R

if you are still deciding what job to play or what weapon to build based on the opinions of 4 or 5 multiboxers, you probably should just take the advice of the over 1.5 million ex players that also don't care what they think, and end your subscription.

Play what you want, the way you want.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-09-21 12:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Stiltz said: »
is Drg favored when getting into content?

;-;
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-09-21 16:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes I read forums and am just baffled by the mindset of the player base, and I am so thankful my in game experience is not like what others describe.

The goal of this game is to fight digital monsters and beat them, preferably with friends. It's not a forum DPS contest.

A few weeks ago, a friend invited my DRG to Albumen. My DRG, and a WAR and SAM were the DPS in a 12 person alliance. The magic number for Albumen kills is 3 minutes, since that means you don't need to wipe/reset and can just killed it after popping. We weren't sure so we did that to be safe, but our engage > dead time was 2:40. Our Warrior ripped hate and died, he would have won the parse as I can't compete with Mighty Strikes and I know it. I led the parse, in a 2:40 kill with two and a half DPS. And any 3 of the DPS could have have been replaced with any number of other people on other DPS jobs: THF, BLU etc. I prolly coulda swapped my DNC in for my DRG, and we'd have had the same outcome.

The point being, is that we are so overgeared/overbuffed for the content at this point, whatever mathematical difference there is between the jobs is irrelevant. Any 3 properly geared/jp'd DPS jobs will do just fine. It truly does not matter (barring certain very specific strats like Erinys - I would never DRG that), so I am not sure why there are people or groups out there that act like it does. I don't get why people just don't let everyone play what they want in a workable set up - and go kick ***. I don't understand why everyone doesn't play that way, and I feel a little bad for them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-21 17:26:40
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »
DRG is really not in a place to be desirable in "endgame" content to the general playerbase

The amount of cringe is flabbergasting!
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-09-21 21:42:04
Link | Citer | R

but also Drg in end game does not compute

Ah thats how it all started!
Sorry [fillerbunny9] this one takes the cake~

Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-21 22:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
but also Drg in end game does not compute

Ah thats how it all started!
Sorry [fillerbunny9] this one takes the cake~

I think that phrase is old and out dated. Relevant content would be better. You want end game go back to AV and ZNM and Kirin v1. We are past that. There really is little to do these days in the guise of Harder content, but this does not mean it does not exist. Can only extend the narrow tip so much until it becomes blunt and will no longer pierce the target.
 Sylph.Cherche
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-09-21 22:20:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm just curious what content exists in the current state of the game that DRG has no place in though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-21 22:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Cherche said: »
I'm just curious what content exists in the current state of the game that DRG has no place in though.

This. Please share with us which endgame fights that a DRG wouldn't work in. If you gear properly and don't sit there like a vegetable, you can pretty much bring any DD to any endgame/HELM content.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-21 22:38:57
Link | Citer | R

I think there are pretty clearly a few fights where it would be a poor fit, but those fights also exclude a few other jobs as well.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6