Gandiva afterglow
First Page 2
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-02 11:37:34
Link | Citer | R

I have yoichi,arma and anni afterglows. Was curious with owners of gandiva afterglow is it worth or opinion on damage etc.Thanks in advance
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-02 12:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-02 12:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
lol I see I see
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-02 12:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Well dude, buy me an afterglow!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-05-02 12:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well dude, buy me an afterglow!
;0 I farm up all my 1500 heavy metals then I buy the 60 items then the riftborn boulders :0
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-02 14:39:01
Link | Citer | R

I think with the weapon options you have, you'd be happier to add a Fail-Not or a Gastraphetes to your arsenal. Gandiva is great, I've had the fun of partying with an AG Gandiva owner and yeah, his JR's were insane. But the skillchain damage of a Fail-Not, or the BiS option for Trueflight that a Gastraphetes brings I personally find more utilitarian.
[+]
By Slurm818 2017-05-02 20:50:29
Link | Citer | R

AG Gandiva Jishnu's will actually be less impressive than a Fail-Not owner if Arhcery is your thing....the difference though is the AM3 that pushes WS dmg out with every RA. That being said, not only is AG Gandiva prohibitively expensive, so is gearing for STP Barrage, +CHD Jishnus, Snapshot/Rapid Shot preshot, +Crit TP set.

Ultimately, what do you enjoy? They are all viable options. I think Verda's spreadsheet puts them in the following order;

1. Gastrephetes
2. Armeggedon (but you will have more difficulty True Shotting, this significantly lowers spreadsheet DPS)
3. Gandiva (realistically this is prob #2 due to distance)
4. Fomalhaut
5. Fail-Not

P.S. I am ignoring the fact that Gandiva pigeon holes you into physical damage. Can be a deal breaker, so keep that in mind.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [335 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-02 21:16:48
Link | Citer | R

The people hating on this don't know what's up. I consistently do 350k to Ou with minimal buffs and Gandiva AM3. With the right set, Gandiva is without a doubt the strongest weapon RNG has even with minimal buffs.

By kiania 2018-04-02 22:09:30
Link | Citer | R

We would expect nothing less from the self proclaimed #1 geared player on the server....

/clap
[+]
 Odin.Phillytool
By Odin.Phillytool 2018-04-03 01:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Skeero says what?
 Valefor.Susake
Serveur: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2018-04-03 01:21:47
Link | Citer | R

The #1 bought account on the server*

FTFY.
[+]
 Odin.Phillytool
By Odin.Phillytool 2018-04-03 01:23:47
Link | Citer | R

and drakenv, nobody careeessssssssss
By geigei 2018-04-03 01:48:36
Link | Citer | R

You should post some Fu screens yo, you didn't hit rock bottom yet.
[+]
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-03 06:56:00
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »

That's no buffs absorbed.
By Vishwambhari 2018-04-03 07:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Darian said: »

Velocity shot + brd singing minuet + smn apogeeing would've suggested otherwise,but hey.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-03 07:45:32
Link | Citer | R

The people hating on this don't know what's up. I consistently do 350k to Ou with minimal buffs and Gandiva AM3. With the right set, Gandiva is without a doubt the strongest weapon RNG has even with minimal buffs.

I’ve got mine it’s not bad at all from my experience.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-03 08:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Vishwambhari said: »

Velocity shot + brd singing minuet + smn apogeeing would've suggested otherwise,but hey.

You obviously weren't understanding what he was getting at by saying Fu or what I was saying by no buffs...so maybe just don't comment when things go over your head?
By Vishwambhari 2018-04-03 08:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Vishwambhari said: »

You obviously weren't understanding what he was getting at by saying Fu or what I was saying by no buffs...so maybe just don't comment when things go over your head?
OK, I'll make it easy.
If you had to reapply Velocity shot that most likely meant it had gotten absorbed by Ou at 95%. For the same reason your smn could be apogeeing in that SS because he'd exploit the increase dt after ou's ebullient. Which is probably also why you were seeing those numbers.
So maybe you should take a minute and actually try to understand what people might possibly mean when they talk to you, instead of just assuming they're bad at your game.
[+]
By Tomlaps 2018-04-03 09:29:40
Link | Citer | R

So, is gandiva AM comparable to Armageddon ?

W/o the usuals like blunt/piercing weakness...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-03 09:33:29
Link | Citer | R

They're both empyrean so, yes. Identical aftermaths.

Only difference being ammo/delay and 50 agi vs 50 dex which Armageddon has the advantage
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-04-03 09:52:00
Link | Citer | R

I'd say that's 5 buffs absorbed with minuets/Frailty around oh and dont answer me with the "what do you know?" Primex was decked out rng and we did 300000k ous together and i got another rng in my current ls now that's decked out and those numbers happen with my first sentence.

Good attempt tho!!

P.S.: To the person that said this one is the #1 bought acc, you are mistaken, he's probably the second, the first one migrated from ragna to asura 2-3 months ago >:D
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-04-03 10:05:47
Link | Citer | R

It's a nice weapon and all but doesn't compare to Fomalhaut especially if your at the one shot build with the cupid chocolates I have all REMA for rng after glowed the only time I actually see gandiva shine is like in this months ambuscade other than that its meh
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-04-03 10:11:41
Link | Citer | R

kiania said: »
We would expect nothing less from the self proclaimed #1 geared player on the server....

/clap

Number 1 greedy f boy is more like it..

I almost feel bad for asura...

Almost
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-04-03 10:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I think with the weapon options you have, you'd be happier to add a Fail-Not or a Gastraphetes to your arsenal. Gandiva is great, I've had the fun of partying with an AG Gandiva owner and yeah, his JR's were insane. But the skillchain damage of a Fail-Not, or the BiS option for Trueflight that a Gastraphetes brings I personally find more utilitarian.

This.

I have seen some beautiful RA spikes that are noteworthy at times. If you set yourself up for them I hear it can be exploited fairly well. I'll make mine do some cool tricks when the day comes. In Omen you can set yourself up for some crazy spikes.

It's situational utility at the right moment brings some fun and excitement..
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-04-03 10:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

I'd say that's 5 buffs absorbed with minuets/Frailty around oh and dont answer me with the "what do you know?" Primex was decked out rng and we did 300000k ous together and i got another rng in my current ls now that's decked out and those numbers happen with my first sentence.

Good attempt tho!!

P.S.: To the person that said this one is the #1 bought acc, you are mistaken, he's probably the second, the first one migrated from ragna to asura 2-3 months ago >:D

!st or 2nd, whos counting? at least that buyer isn't trying to flex on people. LUL
 Asura.Lordhelmet
user: Primuris
By Asura.Lordhelmet 2018-04-03 10:54:10
Link | Citer | R

I can wipe my own *** so I'm awesome too guys!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-03 10:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Kind of mind boggling people are still impressed with Ou damage. You do realize he's more squishy than Fu? Can take him from 95% ==> 60% in a few seconds. Even Empyrean wielding DRKs can hit those numbers at the right moment, with the AM proc.
[+]
By Tomlaps 2018-04-03 13:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Tomlaps said: »
So, is gandiva AM comparable to Armageddon ?

W/o the usuals like blunt/piercing weakness...
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They're both empyrean so, yes. Identical aftermaths.

Only difference being ammo/delay and 50 agi vs 50 dex which Armageddon has the advantage

Ok i rephrase, since this thread seems to be owned by obviousness :

Gandiva good to make if have Arma already? (i know arma is an Empy too <.<)
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-04-03 13:55:06
Link | Citer | R

Might as well make them all! :D pew pew all the things!
[+]
First Page 2