Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » A Fashionable BLM
A Fashionable BLM
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2016-09-16 04:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Hello! I quit back in 2011, reactivated last night. At the time of my departure, I had a halfway decent set. My question is, in modern ffxi times, what are the must have pieces a murderous taru has to have in her wardrobe? I'm pretty sure most of what I have is sorely outdated. With all the game changes, is Windower still a necessity to be a good blm? Could someone maybe give me example nuking and enfeebling sets so I know where to start? Maybe sample macros so I can get a good start redoing everything?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-09-16 05:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Start here.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38032/kaboom-a-guide-for-black-mage/

Do you need Windower/Gearswap? No you don't. SE added the navitive ability to set up an entire set, then your standard macro can reference that set and change every piece of gear.

Does Windower/Gearswap do a better job at this? Yes, due to being able to adjust for weather, day, buffs. Etc etc.

The main job of BLM has become to Magic Burst again. So gear with Magic Burst Bonus is incredibly helpful.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2016-09-16 11:15:17
Link | Citer | R

My BLM sports Gucci clothing and Jacob the Jeweler accessories, while smelling like Channel #5
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-09-16 12:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget the Versace obi...
 Cerberus.Liandaru
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2016-09-16 13:57:30
Link | Citer | R

You guys rock. I also deleted Windower when I uninstalled ffxi back in 2012, so all my scripts are gone. I figure I'll just read the forums, maybe focus on the whole trust thing for a while a relearn everything.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-09-16 14:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Re download windower

Lean how to use gearswap(not needed to play but it defines everything for you ie cure spells, different situations, ability macros etc ) not really hard just a bit of a learning curve

Finish new missions (soa and rov - with rov being most important due to them letting you have more trusts out and stat boosts)

Make friends

???

Profit..

Gl
 Cerberus.Liandaru
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2016-09-16 15:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Oh ffs I'm trying to make sense of Gearswap and I must be getting old. I don't get any of it. Holy sheepballs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.