Same for corsair
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-16 03:25:32
Link | Citer | R

How dare folks play a job how they want for a game they pay a monthly subscription to with there own money those *** lol
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2016-06-16 03:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
to with there
I see what you did their.
[+]
 Fenrir.Vulcat
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leadleaf
By Fenrir.Vulcat 2016-06-16 03:58:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Acey said: »
Fenrir.Kut said: »
God... Acey seems like even more of a tool as time goes on, I guess. 3 years and evolution has gone in reverse for this one.

Tl;dr stop playing get if you don't put the time in to make it half decent carry your own wait as a player for your party.
tl:dr stop writing/talking if you aren't going to put in the time to make it half coherent as part of an English speaking society?

edit:
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
classic acey

Ramzus you know nothing of me so how is this classic me?

You two KINDA shared a server for a while... just sayin'...

And your still a *** I see.
Get told Kut. ' - '
 Fenrir.Kut
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2016-06-16 05:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Vulcat said: »
Fenrir.Kut said: »
God... Acey seems like even more of a tool as time goes on, I guess. 3 years and evolution has gone in reverse for this one.

Tl;dr stop playing get if you don't put the time in to make it half decent carry your own wait as a player for your party.
tl:dr stop writing/talking if you aren't going to put in the time to make it half coherent as part of an English speaking society?

edit:
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
classic acey

Ramzus you know nothing of me so how is this classic me?

You two KINDA shared a server for a while... just sayin'...

And your still a *** I see.
Get told Kut. ' - '

****. I got told... help... Oh well, I feel special for being the only one called out so that makes up for it :^)
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-16 05:41:02
Link | Citer | R

As a Dunna GEO, I usually don't nuke anything I can't aspir. Most the time all I'm doing is gimping the BLM/SCH's nukes that follow mine. You can say what you like about that but was my 40k bomb really worth not having vex/acumen/fury?

On crabs, whether I nuked or not depended on the strength of the mages in the party.

GEO in Apex was the most boring experience in this game, and that's saying something.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-16 08:32:03
Link | Citer | R

GEO can actually occasionally nuke vs non-aspir friendly monsters, and MP efficiency is not totally a deterrent.

MB% set is cool for those times, and GEO has more tools than ever to keep their MP flow steady (with idle sets, radial arcana, refresh and indi-refresh, and convert when needed). There have only been a few times where I have not had the MP to keep up on bubbles, and it was on Yakshi lowman where the damn leader invited 2 GEOs as the primary nuker, which was a bad idea.

It's not such a bad thing to nuke in apex group, because you're literally not doing anything besides hitting 2-3 macros and just watching your monster die. How hard is it to nuke a monster to speed up the cp/hr?
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-06-16 08:40:22
Link | Citer | R

Is it normal now for whm's now to not give hastes? I've been gone for about 2+ years and I've had a few parties in ambuscade and I haven't gotten haste on pld not once.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-06-16 08:55:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Littleanimal said: »
Is it normal now for whm's now to not give hastes? I've been gone for about 2+ years and I've had a few parties in ambuscade and I haven't gotten haste on pld not once.

Common: yes.
As for normal, that depends on your definition of normal. It's wrong, though. They should be giving haste, but most don't. A lot don't even use all the buffs at the start of a party and some don't even use solace.
The best is when a whm is screaming because they are getting hit after a hate reset move, but the pld is unable to get hate back because para ate provoke and the flash recast timer is not up yet due to slow. And you can't even say anything because the worst players are also the most sensitive ones. Oh well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-06-16 09:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

As for normal, that depends on your definition of normal. It's wrong, though. They should be giving haste, but most don't. A lot don't even use all the buffs at the start of a party and some don't even use solace.
The best is when a whm is screaming because they are getting hit after a hate reset move, but the pld is unable to get hate back because para ate provoke and the flash recast timer is not up yet due to slow. And you can't even say anything because the worst players are also the most sensitive ones. Oh well.

From a SCH point of view, I really wish SE would do what they said they would do, and make Accession > Haste possible. Can give a party an AoE, 10+ min duration haste
 Asura.Avallon
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-06-16 09:33:51
Link | Citer | R

If people are going to start nitpicking WHM now then perhaps the title of this thread needs to be changed to "Too many mages not playing right".
 Asura.Monchou
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Monchou 2016-06-16 09:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Shooot, if this is the norm, maybe I shouldn't be so worried about trying to get back into WHM after all these years.

I've leveled both my GEO and WHM up, but have yet to do any actual group activity. :( Forums make it sound like only the best geared/most experienced players need apply.
[+]
 Odin.Orome
Serveur: Odin
user: orome
By Odin.Orome 2016-06-16 09:42:50
Link | Citer | R

If you are one of those people who leveled get just to put bubbles out and sit there and do nothing you need to retire the job. I see this all too much and it frustrates me(someone who enjoys maining Geo). I see all these players who have there looping die so fat because they don't incorporate abilities into it. I see geos who just like to sit in cp parties cast bubbles and not nuke. I put damn near 50+M in my geo before idris which I'm still working on(stupid coalitions).

The people that are the ones doing this are the ones who leveled a simple job to try to get some other gear for other jobs I get that. But make sure you pull your own wait in co parties(I nuke for 30-50k on geo), reisen nm's also I can nuke then for around 30k on a Unresisted Magic burst my Geo isn't the best but I put work into every time I get on to make it good.

Rant over sorry ffxiah forum people I just needed to say this

I hear you on this, but in a lot of cases I'm simply asked for a certain set of bubbles and backup heals. I throw in abilities when/if appropriate.

I think the larger takeaway is not that "every GEO needs to do this" but rather that - regardless of your job - you should do what your party needs or asks of you as long as it is sensible. Let me illustrate.

----
"Hey, can you come GEO on this CP party? We need geo-malaise and indi-acumen."

"Sure thing."
----

I go in, drop the bubbles, and throw a debuff on the mob so malaise works. Do I burst? If I can get it in, then sure. Do I heal? If I need to, then sure. No need for anyone to die.

Would I be wrong for not doing those things? If there are other people in the party that are better nukers (SCH, BLM) or better healers (SCH, WHM, RDM), then let them rock their job and I'll rock mine.

Just makes sense to me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-06-16 12:18:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Orome said: »

I hear you on this, but in a lot of cases I'm simply asked for a certain set of bubbles and backup heals. I throw in abilities when/if appropriate.

I think the larger takeaway is not that "every GEO needs to do this" but rather that - regardless of your job - you should do what your party needs or asks of you as long as it is sensible. Let me illustrate.

----
"Hey, can you come GEO on this CP party? We need geo-malaise and indi-acumen."

"Sure thing."
----

I go in, drop the bubbles, and throw a debuff on the mob so malaise works. Do I burst? If I can get it in, then sure. Do I heal? If I need to, then sure. No need for anyone to die.

Would I be wrong for not doing those things? If there are other people in the party that are better nukers (SCH, BLM) or better healers (SCH, WHM, RDM), then let them rock their job and I'll rock mine.

Just makes sense to me.

I agree. They should do their job and not waste resources. When I whm, the only times I ever run out of mp is when a nervous geo decides to start curing before me. This causes me to cure for less and my empy pants recover less mp.
Also, it was established above that a geo mb'ing can hurt the blms' damage.
imho, a good geo will cast bubbles and take care of those first and foremost. But, when the bubbles are taken care of, they can keep dia on the enemy (not just the 1 cast if they need hate) and help with removing debuffs, especially paralyna. Don't stand there doing nothing, but don't step on people's toes either. It's a balance that needs to be struck.

Asura.Monchou said: »

Shooot, if this is the norm, maybe I shouldn't be so worried about trying to get back into WHM after all these years.

I've leveled both my GEO and WHM up, but have yet to do any actual group activity. :( Forums make it sound like only the best geared/most experienced players need apply.

The reason forums make is sound that way is because everyone desperately wants to play with the best geared and most experienced players. But when a party needs a whm for ambuscade and they've been shouting for 10 min, they'll take any whm.
[+]
 Asura.Monchou
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Monchou 2016-06-16 12:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Monchou said: »

The reason forums make is sound that way is because everyone desperately wants to play with the best geared and most experienced players. But when a party needs a whm for ambuscade and they've been shouting for 10 min, they'll take any whm.

haha, I can appreciate that :) Why aim for a mediocre player if you can get better. It's just been a bit intimidating for me as I quit around the time of Abyssea, and so everything beyond that is new. I don't want to be that horrible GEO/WHM that gets complained about on here.

Complaint threads ARE actually helpful for me as I am picking up little tidbits of what people are expecting and not wanting out of certain jobs.
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2016-06-16 17:35:55
Link | Citer | R

This actually happened to me during the first phase ambuscade, I went in with 5 friends and a whm "friend" who wanted to help us came in, I got petrified 3 times and all 3 times she did not give me stona, I had to wait for the duration s to wear off before regaining hate. When the battle was over, she berated me for not having enough MDB gear and told us we were pretty weak because "ambuscade isn't suppose to last more than 5 minutes". I don't know where these people get off, but I know since I've returned I haven't seen one quality white mage since I left which is so sad.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-06-16 19:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Wait... nuking is relevant again? When did this happen? Of course SE does this 2 years after I quit... oh, my poor dusty BLM is crying tears of blood. =(

The memories... standing out in front of Crawlers' Nest as a level 35 BLM with my flag up and 8 HQ staves in my bazaar for max price, blowing up crabs with SC > Firaga III in Kuftal Tunnel just as you ding the level that you can use the spell.... and then running for your life!

The fun we had with Genbu, and Kirin kite parties...

Is it all really back? Forever and For-always?
 Odin.Speedyjim
Serveur: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-06-20 22:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
How to play GEO right:

1) bubble your party
2) sometimes bubble the bad guy
3) good job you did it
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-20 22:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Wait... nuking is relevant again? When did this happen? Of course SE does this 2 years after I quit... oh, my poor dusty BLM is crying tears of blood. =(

The memories... standing out in front of Crawlers' Nest as a level 35 BLM with my flag up and 8 HQ staves in my bazaar for max price, blowing up crabs with SC > Firaga III in Kuftal Tunnel just as you ding the level that you can use the spell.... and then running for your life!

The fun we had with Genbu, and Kirin kite parties...

Is it all really back? Forever and For-always?

Most end game NMs are fought with magic burst/mage strategies. Same with job point parties.
By Boshi 2016-06-20 23:46:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
How dare folks play a job how they want for a game they pay a monthly subscription to with there own money those *** lol

When people say "It's your $12.95 do what you want" it's an insult not a serious comment.
 Asura.Iuno
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-09 05:48:05
Link | Citer | R

so OP, how does one play geomancer well? i just started and it looked cool
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-07-09 06:22:29
Link | Citer | R

How I play GEO:

1) bubble my party
2) yawn
3) sleep

Every time i play geo i start to yawn and want to sleep, even if i slept 20h before.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-09 06:28:53
Link | Citer | R

GEO can be as boring as watching paint dry sadly. To function at it's basic level all it takes is gear and some good macros, it really is set-and-forget most of the time. T4 HNM are the exception though, those can chew Luopans up.

Because it is so boring at times and given how valuable it is to endgame it presents an issue to LS leaders. Constantly making select LS members come as it, particularly if they have Idris, is a very quick way to either make them give up coming to events or quit outright because of the sheer repetitiveness.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-09 07:03:47
Link | Citer | R

I will never understand this mentality of I put bubble up and AFK.
There is sooooooo much you can do as Geo. You can help heal, you can stun, you can enfeeble and you can nuke.

When I play Geo, I see it like bard from back at 75. You would get raged at if all you did was singing and afk, your role was so much more than that.

More geos need to learn that there is more to it than just cast bubbles.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-09 07:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Krystela said: »
When I play Geo, I see it like bard from back at 75. You would get raged at if all you did was singing and afk, your role was so much more than that.
we must have been playing different 75, thats pretty much what any pickup brd did in my experience
[+]
By eliroo 2016-07-09 08:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
we must have been playing different 75, thats pretty much what any pickup brd did in my experience

As a pick up bard from the 75 era, I don't think I ever had the luxury. I was expected to keep up 4 songs each with a 2 minute duration. I was expected to slow and dispely. On top of all that I was expected to pull huge chains.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-09 08:34:08
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

As a pick up bard from the 75 era, I don't think I ever had the luxury. I was expected to keep up 4 songs each with a 2 minute duration. I was expected to slow and dispely. On top of all that I was expected to pull huge chains.
That and the occasionally heal help ;) I don't remember ever having the luxury of being able to afk either.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-09 08:36:34
Link | Citer | R

So you guys were leet, great. But let's not pretend that it hasn't always been the joke surrounding the average bard who spends more time afk than looking at the game.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-09 08:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
So you guys were leet, great. But let's not pretend that it hasn't always been the joke surrounding the average bard who spends more time afk than looking at the game.
It was an ongoing joke just as the geo nowadays, unfortunately.