Returning Player. Abyss+2 What Next? (BST)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Returning player. abyss+2 what next? (BST)
Returning player. abyss+2 what next? (BST)
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2016-05-04 09:40:39
Link | Citer | R

so iv been away for about 2 years. iv gotten a few things taken care of since iv gotten back. i have Arktoi and Hunahpu, and another axe, can't remember but it was a 119 axe, (currently at work) i think i'm ok with those for now. but my armor is a bit out of date. i'm currently rocking abyss +2 set. so as far as i konw. Ilvl99?
i don't see much in terms of spark purchasable gear. everything with sparks doesn't help bst pets an any way. just raw stats, i just unlocked eshca z, and sky, so i don't have too much acess to the new content.

is there gear out there that can be soloed for that is considerably better than what i have?
 Asura.Foreverj
Serveur: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-04 10:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Alluvion skirmishes Yorcia is your new friend.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-05-04 10:26:05
Link | Citer | R

Acquire Acro gear from Alluvion Skirmish and augment with pet accuracy, then start mowing through SoA and RoV content so you can fully upgrade that Arktoi (and maybe get the pet-specific ring from completing SoA). There are also a few select JSE gear pieces you'll want to update to at least 109, like Ankusa Gloves, Nukumi Manoplas, and Nukumi Ocreae. Also, be sure to fully merit Sic/Ready recast, acquire a Charmer's Merlin and Desultor Tassets with "Sic" & "Ready" ability delay -5 augment, and earn 100 job points on BST. I was in a similar position as you when I came back from hiatus, and a good tip I learned is pet accuracy and Ready delay should be your priority.
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2016-05-04 16:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Aydogan said: »
Acquire Acro gear from Alluvion Skirmish and augment with pet accuracy, then start mowing through SoA and RoV content so you can fully upgrade that Arktoi (and maybe get the pet-specific ring from completing SoA). There are also a few select JSE gear pieces you'll want to update to at least 109, like Ankusa Gloves, Nukumi Manoplas, and Nukumi Ocreae. Also, be sure to fully merit Sic/Ready recast, acquire a Charmer's Merlin and Desultor Tassets with "Sic" & "Ready" ability delay -5 augment, and earn 100 job points on BST. I was in a similar position as you when I came back from hiatus, and a good tip I learned is pet accuracy and Ready delay should be your priority.
i had a look at that acro set. looks pretty good. i assume you choose the augments (up to 3?) with items that also drop?

not 100% how the whole process even goes. where could i find a good tutorial on how this event and gear augmenting works? it looks like it may be quite complicated.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-05-04 16:40:07
Link | Citer | R

This is probably your best resource for learning about Skirmish: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Alluvion_Skirmish. I'd join a shout (if you ever see one) or see if anyone wants to run you through it; it's super easy these days. As for augmenting, you do get to pick three, and each requires a different type of stone, but fair warning that the augments are somewhat random and it can get expensive.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Xenorex
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xenorex
By Shiva.Xenorex 2016-05-05 14:15:31
Link | Citer | R

You can also look into Despair gear, fairly easy to solo or duo most of it, decent hybrid pieces if you don't want to go the acro road. The problem with acro gear now is that the stones to augment are not farmed as much as they used to be, so they are high cost if available and not the best stats anymore. So skipping it and getting to Valorous gear & augment system will be more cost effective and better augments too if you can get in parties to get the gear.
By Xilk 2016-05-06 11:35:33
Link | Citer | R

I 2nd Xenorex' suggestion.