Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Magic Accuracy
Magic Accuracy
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-02-12 16:05:46
Link | Citer | R

What is the most optimal Magic Accuracy set to use in Reisenjima or any high level content such as AVv2 and such. Seems like even with 119 mythic sword and 600+ enfeebing magic I still get reisted quite a bit. Any help is appriciated.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-02-13 21:48:48
Link | Citer | R

I won't delve into gear too much, but I will mention a few ancillary tidbits to keep in mind-

-food. The crepes are your best macc option and a real must for 135+content.
-job points. Are you 3 starred yet? Even with max job points it can be a struggle, without...forget it on some of those.
-vorseals. How many macc vorseals do you have active?
-support. You need a GEO to really have a chance at landing enfeebs on those targets.
-natural resistances. You're not going to ever land some spells on certain mobs. Ever. And that happens a lot in this level content.

All that being said, we still have to try! Chironic hose with their "Immunobreak +1" is a necessary piece. Some slots are obvious and haven't changed much (reforged empy body, reforged relic hat for example), Another interesting piece is the unity shield from aspid v2.

Some options are going to require defeating the content you're up against now.

Sometimes, you're just going to be spamming enfeebs thru Immunobreaks until it lands, like blinding Maju for example. And some days you'll swear the gamer us on easy mode as everything lands. It's the nature of enfeebling high tier content, and in reality it's always been this way (silencing Suzaku back in the day comes to mind). Control what you can (see above),gear for skill, macc,and MND,bring proper support, and hold on.
[+]
 Asura.Lasareth
Serveur: Asura
user: lasareth
By Asura.Lasareth 2016-02-13 23:54:18
Link | Citer | R

If you are really hurting for magic accuracy, one of the largest gains you can get at the cost of skill is swapping vitivation hat with merlinic. you'd lose the enfeebling skill but can gain up to 55 magic accuracy.
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2016-02-14 13:00:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I won't delve into gear too much, but I will mention a few ancillary tidbits to keep in mind-

-food. The crepes are your best macc option and a real must for 135+content.
-job points. Are you 3 starred yet? Even with max job points it can be a struggle, without...forget it on some of those.
-vorseals. How many macc vorseals do you have active?
-support. You need a GEO to really have a chance at landing enfeebs on those targets.
-natural resistances. You're not going to ever land some spells on certain mobs. Ever. And that happens a lot in this level content.

All that being said, we still have to try! Chironic hose with their "Immunobreak +1" is a necessary piece. Some slots are obvious and haven't changed much (reforged empy body, reforged relic hat for example), Another interesting piece is the unity shield from aspid v2.

Some options are going to require defeating the content you're up against now.

Sometimes, you're just going to be spamming enfeebs thru Immunobreaks until it lands, like blinding Maju for example. And some days you'll swear the gamer us on easy mode as everything lands. It's the nature of enfeebling high tier content, and in reality it's always been this way (silencing Suzaku back in the day comes to mind). Control what you can (see above),gear for skill, macc,and MND,bring proper support, and hold on.

Sadly I am a few JP short of job master, but if people still struggle with job master i feel a tab bit better ;D. As for the gear I have been trying to set up groups to get the Reisenjima gear, so I only have 1 merlinic pieces and 1 chironic. I had heard sch and blm were soloing so I thought it would be ok without support so I didn't have geo's or cor's or anything else. Since vorseals are automatically activated when you enter I forget about them. I dont think I have too much. Think i have quite a few, however I know I am missing a lot. All in all this was very imformative in other reasons besides gear that could help out for when I do get better gear.

Asura.Lasareth said: »
If you are really hurting for magic accuracy, one of the largest gains you can get at the cost of skill is swapping vitivation hat with merlinic. you'd lose the enfeebling skill but can gain up to 55 magic accuracy.

As far as this goes, I try to have 2 sets (probably should make some in betweens) for when I need more enfeebling, and when I need more MACC. Sadly both sets were not doing so hot. I am missing quite a bit of the new gear since I am not geared to get it. Been gone for a couple of months and I guess since campaign is going on now is not the best time to ask for help. Hoping sometime after will be better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-03-09 09:36:51
Link | Citer | R

If possible to add a question here, when should there be magic acc > enfeebling magic? And what is the major difference between the two overall. I'm working myself into dusting off RDM and would like to know how to prioritize the two.
Should I get a set for as much enfeebling + magic acc that I can mix in and a 2nd set for straight magic acc? I know from augments on some reisenjima gear that I can get magic acc up fairly higher on some slots but I'm unsure of how best to use that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [209 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2016-10-04 07:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr said: »
If possible to add a question here, when should there be magic acc > enfeebling magic? And what is the major difference between the two overall. I'm working myself into dusting off RDM and would like to know how to prioritize the two.
Should I get a set for as much enfeebling + magic acc that I can mix in and a 2nd set for straight magic acc? I know from augments on some reisenjima gear that I can get magic acc up fairly higher on some slots but I'm unsure of how best to use that.

Who knows? SE developers say Enfeebling Skill is key, then they say Enfeebling skill to land Immunobreak x2 then switch to MACC and appropriate stats to immunobreak. FFXIBG says MACC and the equations for macc is >10-15 skill the ratio between skill to MACC is 1:0.5, <10-15 skill the ratio is 1:1. It's hard to know what to do, I have a midcast set that is as much enfeebling skill as possible and another that is as much MACC as possible and switch between the two if I have difficulty landing enfeebles, it doesn't really help.
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2016-10-04 07:37:34
Link | Citer | R

I've found this blog from 2008, which is outdated, but we might be able to glean relevant information from it.

If I'm understanding the math right on the linked paged and pages concerning magic hit rate it seems that skill = +.01% hit rate and the elemental staves which is believed to add MACC ad +.25% hit rate and that if the mob is higher level than you those values go way down. It seems then, that if the mob is a higher level than you that your skill is calculated to your magic hit rate and is pushed into the toilet which would explain all the MACC/MAB/MB gear available to BLMs and similar jobs rather than elemental skill+. Assuming all that the answer seems to be gear for MACC as MACC+ seems to be a workaround from the magic hit rate calculation which primarily uses skill and gives diminishing returns >200-300 skill and RDM has native 424 Enfeebling. However, would having natively high enfeebling skill be a detriment to us? GEOs which have less native enfeebling skill seemingly land every enfeeble with around the same MACC as my RDM (90% of the time my RDM has considerably more MACC).

It wouldn't be bad if SE demands stupidly high MACC to land enfeebles if they gave RDM a staff RME, I would actually really enjoy that if they did, but they haven't.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-10-04 07:48:44
Link | Citer | R

RDM wouldn't get a staff RME because they have no staff skill. Instead they got Murgelis.
 Bismarck.Arcos
Serveur: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-10-04 08:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Atleast they didn't give us a club as a consolation...
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2016-10-04 23:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Grioavolr is probably the best Enfeebling Magic weapon RDM has access to and it is a Staff. You can augment it with Magic Accuracy +30 and Enfeebling Magic Skill +15.