Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » I'm a lost Ninja, would appreciate light
I'm a lost Ninja, would appreciate light
 Sylph.Keaddo
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kadas
By Sylph.Keaddo 2015-11-23 10:06:07
Link | Citer | R

No, but I've gotten an item that lets me choose what item to get, and I took the katana.

However, it gives less katana skill than the other two I have, so am not sure whether to use it or not yet.

I plan to get the upgrade item from WKR soon, that might make it worth it regardless I guess
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-11-23 10:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Keaddo said: »
No, but I've gotten an item that lets me choose what item to get, and I took the katana.

However, it gives less katana skill than the other two I have, so am not sure whether to use it or not yet.

I plan to get the upgrade item from WKR soon, that might make it worth it regardless I guess

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Prah_Janimhar

If you've done any other WKR's you'll have KI's from them. You can go to the inventor's coalition npc "PRah Janimhar" and augment Taikogane with "Ocassionally attacks twice" + one augment of your choice. Most people do OAT + crit+4%.

The OAT is 40%, so Taikogane is going to be your best off-hand weapon for a while to come. You can eventually replace it with an Achiuchikapu, Mijin, or even an Ochu if you can manage to get 2 of them.
 Sylph.Keaddo
By Sylph.Keaddo 2015-11-23 10:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Ah, 40% is freaking huge, so I guess my quest for today is to do the WKR that does crit +4% so I can augment the katana.

Thanks for the tip!
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-11-23 11:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Keaddo said: »
Ah, 40% is freaking huge, so I guess my quest for today is to do the WKR that does crit +4% so I can augment the katana.

Thanks for the tip!

No problem. As you can probably imagine, OAT taikogane + sunkutanto during a reive is pretty fun.

Also, you can re-do the augments and get crit later if nobody is doing hurkan, and you have another WKR KI you can spend. STP, WSD, or Attack aren't bad.
 Sylph.Keaddo
By Sylph.Keaddo 2015-11-24 03:12:43
Link | Citer | R

Managed to get it done, though it was temendously harder on me than the bee was. Just asked in linkshell and they easily did it.

I think I died about 6 times during the fight, Trusts couldn't keep me alive.

Never died on the bee!

The katana is spectacular, also using it as main cause it has higher damage, even if a tad less katana skill.

Also senkutanto has a miss-spell, it says "ocassionally" rather than "occasionally", funny one.

Played bits of both Adoulin and Rhapsodies, both story-lines are fantastic so far. I really like the style and direction it's taken. The last storyline I spent time with was WotG and I did not appreciate it much back then.

Now I'm actually a couple sparks short for 109 body, should get it soon.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-24 03:22:47
Link | Citer | R

WotG had great potential, as a story, but was too watered down, packed with retcons (most of which were sadly very cheap) and the worst part is that it was split in 4 parts: main story + 3 city stories.
All of those branching parts were written by different authors, and it caused a lot of inconsistencies and ooc characters.
The Windurst story was pretty cool I guess.
The Main story was... uh... there's a huge plot twist, an important one. Those who liked that plot twist will probably say they liked the whole story, those who didn't will probably say the opposite.

Regardless, I loved SoA story as well, it's impressive how good of a story they managed to release given the short time/budget in their hands.
/cheapeau to Matsui and team
 Sylph.Keaddo
By Sylph.Keaddo 2015-11-24 03:27:56
Link | Citer | R

When I quit for good with my old account it was during WotG storyline, which indeed I felt was too watered down and non-existant. Also I was from San d'Oria, so the story was very boring.

I appreciate how, to probably save on budget, they use those artistic images to talk about past events, it saves a ton of money and it is still very well done, so it perfectly conveys the tone and rythm they want to work with.

Last time I got back I was rushed through and I don't even know if Abyssea does have a storyline, haha.

I'll probably focus on getting all storylines previous to Rhapsodies done, so I can remember old stories, finish new ones, and experience Rhapsodies as it is, it's really amazing so far.

Props to their team, hopefully even if Rhapsodies was the last major update, they will still work on something.
By Elvisquestly 2015-11-25 16:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The coins/voiddust/thirdmat needed for the WoE 99 weapon are kinda rare in these days where nobody cares about Voidwatch and WoE.
Especially in a semi-deserted server like Sylph.
Honestly I think you'd have a faster time going 85>90 on Kannagi.
The monster needed for Kannagi is Apademak, right?
Once you get full ilevel gear that guy will go down in a few seconds, especially now that you can use trusts.
Just put Blade: hi on a temporary break, and once you get decent gear solo it yourself. There's hardly any competition on the NMs these days, you can get it done in a couple of days of work imho, definitely faster than gathering the mats for the WoE 99 weapon, unless you can find them for cheap on the market but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Can you expand on this? I want to begin unlocking Blade: Hi but all the guides I've read on weapon skill magian trials are very confusing. What route should I take? How do I start that route? What will I need? What trials should I be doing? What mats should I be getting? What NM should I be killing? I feel like I'll begin a path and come to find out it's totally inefficient or a more difficult one. I have 35 Luminal Residues, does that help? Sorry for the question spam.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-11-25 21:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Elvisquestly said: »
Quote:
The coins/voiddust/thirdmat needed for the WoE 99 weapon are kinda rare in these days where nobody cares about Voidwatch and WoE.
Once you get full ilevel gear that guy will go down in a few seconds, especially now that you can use trusts.
Just put Blade: hi on a temporary break, and once you get decent gear solo it yourself. There's hardly any competition on the NMs these days, you can get it done in a couple of days of work imho, definitely faster than gathering the mats for the WoE 99 weapon, unless you can find them for cheap on the market but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Can you expand on this? I want to begin unlocking Blade: Hi but all the guides I've read on weapon skill magian trials are very confusing. What route should I take? How do I start that route? What will I need? What trials should I be doing? What mats should I be getting? What NM should I be killing? I feel like I'll begin a path and come to find out it's totally inefficient or a more difficult one. I have 35 Luminal Residues, does that help? Sorry for the question spam.

Walk of echoes weapon skills.

method #1 is the new method. you get a -1 weapon from the crate and go straight to trading coins, dice and residues. there's no nm's involved at the cost of trading in more items. if your server has these items in bazaar then it's the easiest route.
By Elvisquestly 2015-11-25 23:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Elvisquestly said: »
Quote:

Walk of echoes weapon skills.

method #1 is the new method. you get a -1 weapon from the crate and go straight to trading coins, dice and residues. there's no nm's involved at the cost of trading in more items. if your server has these items in bazaar then it's the easiest route.

Thanks, appreciate it.
 Sylph.Keaddo
By Sylph.Keaddo 2015-12-01 02:37:10
Link | Citer | R

Just a quick update, in case this thread is helpful to others (as it should be, there's tons of info!).

It's been way easier than it initially seemed so far, and while I have spent some time finishing ranks/storylines ('t's one of the reasons I came back for anyway), I've been able to get 109 relic body, soon will also get legs and it's been smooth so far as far as both progression and storyline clears.

It might seem overwhelming at first, but it is nowhere nearly as time demanding as the game used to be,thus things can be done without having to commit your whole life to it.

Plus received some awesome help to get Blade: Hi, which is always good for e-penis, with 5k+ damage when it crits.

My gear mostly still sucks, but the game does not seem to put you in any rush to have the best gear ever, whereas in the past if you didn't have Byakko's Haidate as ninja you shouldn't even have been on that job in the first place :D

Extremely fun times!
 Asura.Keaddo
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Keaddo 2015-12-21 10:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Hello!

As I proceed to gear up, I have a few doubts I'd like to clear up.

Moved to Asura due to some returning friends. Sylph had cool people though, sad times.

Anyway, I plan on making the best use of the upcoming holidays and have been looking at what my next step can be, aside from passively amassing rem pages to finish 119 AF1/2/3 items (it does not seem worth to actively farm them up, as they do not seem the best tp/ws gear).

According to the previous information in this topic and what I've found looking around, I can probably try yorcia alluvion both solo and with a group.

My questions are for gear itself, I see it is suggested to get Taeon set with TA rather than dual wield for TP.
is that because too much DW hurts tp gain and you already get plenty through earrings/taeon feet?
and accuracy because whiffing is never good.

As for WS, same set but with Crit hit and crit damage for Blade: Hi seems like the best option.

As I get some gear, I am trying to catch up on how things work nowadays, downloaded the excel sheet to play with, but I still have doubts here and there on how to properly min/max.

Ah, I also wanted to take a look at KB, just for kicks, but from what I see it takes a LONG while to get the pop item, so I assume the only way (apart from login points which I use for rem stuff) is to farm KS99 over and over to get pop items?

Edit: Funny typo
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-21 11:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Keaddo said: »

is that because too much DA DW hurts tp gain and you already get plenty through earrings/taeon feet?

I found the above statement sounds funny, guess it was a typo, fixed for you. You can buy the pop items for KB.
 Sylph.Keaddo
By Sylph.Keaddo 2015-12-21 11:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Keaddo said: »

is that because too much DA DW hurts tp gain and you already get plenty through earrings/taeon feet?

I found the above statement sounds funny, guess it was a typo, fixed for you. You can buy the pop items for KB.

Indeed, that was a typo. Funny how it made the statement completely asinine.

Also yeah, I can buy KB pop items, but I guess I need to learn how to make gazillion of money. If only I could bring them over from FFXIV.. my hundred millions are useless there.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Lawson
By Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch 2016-02-27 19:21:50
Link | Citer | R

In the same situation as OP, getting back and regearing my Ninja after a break. Was curious if someone knew, or could point me towards info concerning the Ryou set. BG has the set on there, but no info on which NMs actually drop it. Have friends who can help me with gear (on Shiva actually now), but don't wanna not know anything about what I have to do to get it before asking (if that makes sense). Thanks for any help.
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-02-27 20:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lawsonofabiotch said: »
In the same situation as OP, getting back and regearing my Ninja after a break. Was curious if someone knew, or could point me towards info concerning the Ryou set. BG has the set on there, but no info on which NMs actually drop it. Have friends who can help me with gear (on Shiva actually now), but don't wanna not know anything about what I have to do to get it before asking (if that makes sense). Thanks for any help.
Escha rewards page.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards