Weatherspoon Or Janniston???

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Weatherspoon or Janniston???
Weatherspoon or Janniston???

| Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-27 02:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Weatherspoon. Just to answer ya but honestly it's your own personal choice. Both are extremely useful. I just picked one, being Weatherspoon, over the rest due to being the most useful of them all for the jobs I have.

All are great rings. Any choice you make is better than none.

Should add. I have 15% Quick Cast on all my mage jobs and 10% on my NIN Utsusemi: San.
I'm content w/ my choice.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-07-27 03:15:12
Link | Citer | R

I would also agree with getting a Weatherspoon, otjer Janniston.

Even in the long run, as someone who is WHM + GEO main, weatherspoon has much more practical use. I melee a lot, and i like to do enfeebling magic a lot, and Weatherspoon is just too good at enfeebling to ignore for me.

Yes the Cure pot would be nice, but in the long run, the weatherspoon, at least for me.Would be used more.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-27 04:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Alfy, Quick Magic shouldn't be included in the same thought as Cure Potency and -Enmity. Quick Magic only has an effect at the precast stage, nothing during actual casting.

If you're a devout WHM and value keeping people alive as best you can, Janniston is your ring of choice. The majority of your WHM career will be casting single-target cures, which 99.9% of the time will never fail you at max Fast Cast cap.

With your current gear, the Fast Cast on Weatherspoon will not affect the casting speed of any Cure or Curaga, and the only times you will really notice a difference between normal cast and Quick Magic cast is on Curaga III+.

Say your Cure VI heals (base) for 800. With natural 50% cap, that is 1200. With your earring, 1216. With Janniston as well, 1256. So, 40 HP, doesn't seem like a big deal right? Well, with Afflatus Solace, that 40 is actually 40 HP and 15 Cureskin. Imagine Curaga V, now that 40 could be more, 80, 120, etc. It adds up and can mean the difference between life or death.

Weatherspoon might be more versatile and provide "more" benefits, but if you want to devote to the craft, Janniston is the better option for a career WHM.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]