FFVII Remake... It's Official! (Discussion)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-15 15:18:19
Link | Citer | R

If SE confirms it I'll get excited. In the meantime, I'm chalking this one up as another false alarm.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-15 16:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Honestly, I think FF7, 8, and 9 would make good 3DS port candidates.
No. Those 3DS ports already ruined the SNES versions. No need to let that virus spread.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-15 16:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
No. Those 3DS ports already ruined the SNES versions. No need to let that virus spread.
Those SNES games were remakes, not ports. I mean a port with just a few added extras, kinda like Ocarina of Time -> Ocarina of Time 3D.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-06-15 17:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Forget FF7 remake, we already have advent children.
When's Lightning Returns 2, or FFX-3
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-15 17:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Forget FF7 remake, we already have advent children.
When's Lightning Returns 2, or FFX-3
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-15 17:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Can we *not* have cloud with a modern style?

I miss how Cloud was pretty cool in FF7 and then in KH/AC/Crisis Core he's a little bi*ch. Also i hate how Jpop the expanded FF7 world is. Ff7's world was gritty, but after playing Crisis core, it seemed a lot cleaner, more tame and polished. Also i hate all the remixed songs from the expanded ff7 world, i miss the ff7 fanfare with those heavy drums, crisis core's version remade it with like techno drums-lame.

I wish they put there money in a series that's not as large scale but sorely needs a sequel. Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve (third bday sucked), a new Mana game etc.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-15 18:10:24
Link | Citer | R

I wish we could turn back time and pretend the FF7 upgrades never came out, especially that recon mess that is Advent Children.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-15 18:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Dunno about you dudes but Crisis Core was a mixed bag.

It succeeded in doing what it wanted to do. Which was to milk the world of FF7 and make Zack the coolest dude that ever got gunned down by Shinra but the story was a mess. One big mako infused mess.

Good soundtrack though.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-15 18:16:17
Link | Citer | R

FF@ inspired me to play 1-6 and then I replayed 9 and *got* all the lore references with items/monsters/job classes/spells/key items etc. I like how ff9's character design is reminscrnt of a children's book like "Busy Town" where everyone is an anthropomorphic animal and even humans look a little silly. It adds charm, the towns were simple and fun, music was great and nostalgic, even the battle theme which has he same intro as ff1-6. 9 was a solid game that threw a lot of classic ff lore at you. FF7 originally had job classes for each character but i guess they divided the skills into materia, e.g. yuffie's steal/throw commands became materia as she was a Ninja. Aeris was supposed to be a Geomancer, so she would have gotten elemental magic and cures etc, Tifa being a Monk likely would have had Death Blow, Barret would have Slash-All, being a Gunner, etc... (Wiki says they originally had job classes in development, i'm just guessing on commands each character would have)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-15 18:16:18
Link | Citer | R

How exactly did enhanced ports 'ruin' the SNES versions again? Because FFIV on the DS is the definitive version of that game for one.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-15 18:18:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

How exactly did enhanced ports 'ruin' the SNES versions again? Because FFIV on the DS is the definitive version of that game for one.
I think most people who claim it ruined it first played the original version and prefer the memories and nostalgia with the old graphics.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-06-15 18:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I think most people who claim it ruined it first played the original version and prefer the memories and nostalgia with the old graphics.
gotta give FFIII DS credit tho, was the first time the game had been released outside of japan, and was still fun regardless,
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-15 18:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I miss how Cloud was pretty cool in FF7 and then in KH/AC/Crisis Core he's a little bi*ch. Also i hate how Jpop the expanded FF7 world is. Ff7's world was gritty, but after playing Crisis core, it seemed a lot cleaner, more tame and polished. Also i hate all the remixed songs from the expanded ff7 world, i miss the ff7 fanfare with those heavy drums, crisis core's version remade it with like techno drums-lame.

I'd say you have some decent points there. If they did remake FFVII, I'm concerned that modernizing parts of it would just do more damage than good. If they can keep it true to the original and mostly just update the graphics, then it could be amazing.

The music I'm not so sure about. This may just be my opinion, but some of the old FF songs simply sound better in-game than they do in the full orchestra versions, with the exception of a few (such as Aeris's Theme and One-Winged Angel). For example, Terra's Theme from VI is a really cool song for how simple it is, but I think that the orchestra version kinda sucks because it has the wrong instrument(s) for the melody. I'm worried about FFVII songs getting the same treatment.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-15 18:23:37
Link | Citer | R

Crises core story was a mess. I did not enjoy the j-rock/j-pop character art style that was Genesis. I hate retcon added characters. Now we know if they DO make an ff7 remake, they have to tie in Lazarus and Genesis and all of that crap. Also Cloud's hair will be soft spikey instead of the anime style it was in the 90's.

I always said, if they ever remade ff7, the best time to have done it was the ps2 era with kingdom hearts graphics but less cartoony. Cloud looked perfect in KH in that he didn't have an asian looking face with hair sprayed realistic hair, it was anime and chunky. Look at how ff15 is and how scrawny and generic every character looks. It literally looks like "Crows Zero: the game".

A remade ff7 also means they have to cut or censor a lot of the grit from the game, ff7 was T for Teens in 97 but no way a game that references gay brothels, cross dressing, playing as a terrorist, barret telling cloud to sit his "spikey-headed white *** down" or all the cursing and uses of sh*t, could ever get a T rating. They would have to nerf all the grit from the game and thus it'll be a lot more innocent and boring. No way they'll release a rated M Final fantasy and lose a crapton of money from young players new to the series.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-15 18:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Some of FF7's songs had the perfect instruments. Opening Bombing mission sounds so good in the game(those drums/cymbals) and in the distant worlds version orchestrated they don't use those instruments at all, and everything sounds subdued and rushed. I'm 100% sure the ff7 boss theme, if remixed, will sound like a J-rock song and be terrible. I would want Nobou Uematsu to do the soundtrack personally, i dont want the ff14 guy or the ff11 girl or any other composer that collaborated with him on crises core to touch a remade ff7 soundtrack. They won't *get it*.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-15 18:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Some of FF7's songs had the perfect instruments. Opening Bombing mission sounds so good in the game(those drums/cymbals) and in the distant worlds version orchestrated they don't use those instruments at all, and everything sounds subdued and rushed. I'm 100% sure the ff7 boss theme, if remixed, will sound like a J-rock song and be terrible. I would want Nobou Uematsu to do the soundtrack personally, i dont want the ff14 guy or the ff11 girl or any other composer that collaborated with him on crises core to touch a remade ff7 soundtrack. They won't *get it*.

I'm not even sure Nobuo would "get it". He composed Distant Worlds and used trumpets for the Terra's Theme melody. Put a flute on, crank the sound from that mic up to 11, and call it a day. Don't throw in freaking trumpets.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-15 18:42:18
Link | Citer | R

the ff11 girl

wat

Mizuta Naoshi is a guy lol

Unless you mean Shimomura Yoko from XV and KH
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-15 18:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Oh I see, Tanioka Kumi. I forgot about her

Still though

Quote:
Although she did not contribute more than one song to the multiple expansions to the game, during this period she joined The Star Onions, a band made of Square Enix composers that arranges and performs Final Fantasy XI music.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-15 19:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Because FFIV on the DS is the definitive version of that game for one.
Not enough [-]'s in the world for this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-15 20:31:55
Link | Citer | R

Nah.

Handhelds are just an inferior experience overall. I've got a giant TV and a comfortable recliner, why exactly do I want to stare at a tiny screen?

Bravely Default is the only game in recent memory that I've liked well enough to stick with the handheld, and that's only because I literally could not play it anywhere else.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-15 20:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

Nah.

Handhelds are just an inferior experience overall. I've got a giant TV and a comfortable recliner, why exactly do I want to stare at a tiny screen?

Bravely Default is the only game in recent memory that I've liked well enough to stick with the handheld, and that's only because I literally could not play it anywhere else.
I love handhelds. BD was more FF than most newer FFs.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-15 20:35:20
Link | Citer | R

I love handhelds. BD was more FF than most newer FFs.

Bravely Default and DQ IX were both super fun and I enjoyed both. The fact remains that if I'd had the option to play either on a full console, I would have (even the exact same game, same graphics same everything).
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-15 20:40:29
Link | Citer | R

I hate handhelds because it spreads games out even more between platforms
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten