BzerozerotyPirates Is Recruiting(Pet Job LS)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » BzerozerotyPirates is recruiting(Pet job LS)
BzerozerotyPirates is recruiting(Pet job LS)
First Page 2 3
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-04-11 03:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Recruiting BST/PUP/SMN/GEO(Luopons are pets! It counts!) and COR.

Tonight we killed Tojil, Dakuwaqa, Wopket, Muyingwa and Cailihm, in that order. It got pretty late, so we're saving Utkux for another time.

This is not an elite end game shell. This is a fun shell.

Send me a tell in game for a pearl. If you aren't well geared or just came back to that game, that is fine. So long as you are willing to put in the work, we can get you caught up.

Events take place whenever we have enough people to make them happen.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-04-12 02:53:03
Link | Citer | R

We're 6/6 on delve boss clears now. Utkux was actually much easier than Cailihm. We only had one Geo tonight.

More importantly, we've cleared the Deathborne Gate of Vagary!

True pet burn style. We had GEO COR SMN PUP and 14x BSTs. No WHM, no PLD. First time we tried we completed it, first time even in there for a lot of us. Only trouble we hit was when we accidentally pulled wave 3 right as wave 2 died before we had a chance to get ready for them. A few people went down as a result.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-04-19 17:48:41
Link | Citer | R

DM II cleared twice last night. We were light on numbers yesterday(had some people out of town for the weekend), but we cleared D without too many problems with 11 people the first time, and 9 the second time. It was also a lot of fun and we got a lot of drops for people.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-04-19 20:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Always love to see pet LS's get stuff done and hear about them having fun while at. Pet jobs just don't get the love the deserve!
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-04-20 23:28:07
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here is one of our Vagary runs from this weekend for anyone interested.

We tried using the Lizard pet for the start of the fight, but noticed that magic evasion is a bit too high for that to work well. If I had thought of it at the time, would have had Geo switch to M.eva down bubble rather than M.def down. Oh well.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-02 09:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Still recruiting people. This has been a slow week, but we have started low manning things to see what we can do.

In particular, we were able to lowman Morimar with 3 people and Elemental gate in Vagary with six people.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-11 16:36:37
Link | Citer | R

Got strategies down for the first three bosses in Vagary. Elementals are stupidly simple and can be low manned.

In theory, if you got lucky, you could low man leeches also, but we have had absolutely horrible luck almost every time we tried it, so it's not worthwhile.

Fomors probably can't be low manned. Maybe they could be, but only with quite a bit of meds and possibly luck. Having a PUP for activate/deactivate pulling greatly simplifies the problems.

Working on how to pop tier 4-5 with JUST pet jobs. It's probably possible, but at the moment we haven't experimented enough to figure it out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-19 12:13:37
Link | Citer | R

Still taking new people. Took a break from Vagary this week to focus on new content. Completed all NMs, now we are just farming drops. Empath necklace still evades us, but we have tracked down all over relevant pet gear.

We are willing to take people who are still in sparks gear. We still do AA clears and DM2 to get people Seraphicallers and Divinators. We are also always taking support. In fact, if we got a very dependable GEO, we would consider helping them make an Idris.

Teamspeak is used during events and randomly for some people who just hate typing. It's not required but it is nice to have.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-19 12:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Still taking new people. Took a break from Vagary this week to focus on new content. Completed all NMs, now we are just farming drops. Empath necklace still evades us, but we have tracked down all over relevant pet gear.

We are willing to take people who are still in sparks gear. We still do AA clears and DM2 to get people Seraphicallers and Divinators. We are also always taking support. In fact, if we got a very dependable GEO, we would consider helping them make an Idris.

Teamspeak is used during events and randomly for some people who just hate typing. It's not required but it is nice to have.

I'll be right over!
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-05-19 13:16:40
Link | Citer | R

what if i leash up a mithra, does that count?
 Quetzalcoatl.Firesped
user: Firesped
By Quetzalcoatl.Firesped 2015-05-19 17:23:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm interested in Joining. I'm a ilvl 116 summoner on Quetzalcoatl, name is Firesped
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2015-05-22 08:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
what if i leash up a mithra, does that count?

No, no it does not. You can put a leash on BlackBeard Randy if you would though and have that cat purr like a kitten gouge the eyes out of all unsuspecting victims meals.

*On topic*
We cleared the first hidden NM last night 2x of the pet necklace dropped =D. Going for the other 3 tonight. So if you love playing one of the aforementioned jobs then join in. =D
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-25 12:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Jesus. This LS dun blown the hell up.

We had 40 people online last night. That's like 10% of Quetz's total online at times.

Did 18 man Delve runs last night. Bee > Dino > Shark. Easy and loads of fun for the whole LS. Mostly getting clears for a lot of returning players and helping newbie BSTs get their first 119 axe.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-05-25 12:17:09
Link | Citer | R

A pet LS very cool. Wish Bis had one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-06 11:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Some people have asked if we will merc ***for them. I personally am not a huge fan of mercing, but if there is demand for it I suppose we can do it.

We can pretty much do anything, but anything that is annoying to do, we probably won't do. We're a pretty casual LS, it just so happens we do a lot of end game stuff.

So liek, I guess send me a tell or something. Or message me on here. W/e.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [132 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-16 09:04:10
Link | Citer | R

Certain people have claimed we do not take things seriously, and that annoys them. Something about doing NIN job emotes because our pets do all the work.

Personally I have taken to crafting in the middle of fights. Skillups are remarkably good during Geas Fete, dunno why.
[+]
By Sammeh 2015-10-17 18:52:08
Link | Citer | R

This is a movie of us going through AA - DM2.

Check out Trulusia pup-tank all AA's at the same time! (4:40 I walk up to watch him for a few).

-Sam
[+]
By Kell 2015-10-22 02:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Bump for the type of pet ls I always wished could be on Quetz when I played!

Very nice vids.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2015-10-22 08:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I will likely be sending a tell in game later on. I was wondering about the time commitments expected? I remember back in the olden days, the time commitments were pretty intense. Right now I have somewhat weird hours I'm able to play.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-22 08:17:38
Link | Citer | R

We don't have any. We're the most lax end game shell ever. We kinda just do whatever. We'll post in the LS message when something large is being organized, but attendance isn't mandatory for anything. We're all adults with families and jobs these days, trying to impose a second job is just plain silly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2015-10-22 08:56:26
Link | Citer | R

That's what I thought/hoped, it was a lot of fun back in the day for that second job, but just seems unrealistic now. Thanks for the quick reply! Hopefully my bst will be of some help soon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2015-10-25 07:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Just another day of excitement, featuring a bromantic PUP & BST duet!

Help us reach #1 on iTunes!

Divine Might II (Normal) Duo

[+]
By Shinzaku 2015-10-25 08:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Are you guys still recruiting or have open spots? :)
I dual box a BST and SMN and am definitely interested.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-25 08:46:45
Link | Citer | R

How much would arrogance incarnate do to the Puppet? Especially in Difficult.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-25 09:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Shinzaku said: »
Are you guys still recruiting or have open spots? :)
I dual box a BST and SMN and am definitely interested.

We're always recruiting. We're pretty easy going, and only really require that you LOVE pet jobs.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
How much would arrogance incarnate do to the Puppet? Especially in Difficult.

I can super tank MR, GK, EV and HM without much of a problem on VD. I think it does about 1000-1400 on VD, but I have almost a 400hp per tic regen, capped PDT and 70DT so there isn't much of anything that is a big deal to me.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-25 15:26:54
Link | Citer | R

I literally wrote the guide on it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-26 20:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Some people send me messages asking me what we do in this LS. This is what we did on Sunday.

We started the day farming up Rao seals for Pups.

Then we farmed plasm, as a family.

Then we did some DM2 on VD to get people Divinators/Seraphicallers.

Then we did some Vagary to get clears/KIs for people.

After I went to bed, the LS finished getting some Escha T3 clears for people who missed them last weekend.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-09 13:17:24
Link | Citer | R

As some of you probably know, Gamer Escape recently did an interview with Akihiko Matsui. The very last question he was asked was:

Quote:
Gamer Escape: Is there anything you would like to say to the players in North America?

To which he replied...

Quote:
Akihiko Matsui: Thank you, as always, for playing FFXI. Even when the content may be difficult, I feel like it’s a distinct characteristic of North American players to enjoy the process of working out new tactics rather than get fixated on existing strategies. Moving forward, we will only be pushing out minor version updates, but we will also be coming up with additional content that North American players can challenge. Your continued support for FFXI is much appreciated.

That bolded portion explains not only the reason why I still play and love FFXI so much, it perfectly describes why I started this linkshell 8 months ago. I wanted to do something different. Pet strategies had always existed in FFXI, and I always loved how it was a different method of dealing with content. In the updates over the last several months, pet jobs in particular have changed a lot.

That's the main reason why we still play the way we do. We openly acknowledge that there are MUCH BETTER ways of handling content. But it's more fun to work out how to do it while playing jobs that you love, even if they aren't the strongest. That's why we still use Beastmasters in very high level content, even though it's significantly more difficult to do so now. Rather than giving up and going to something else that is easier, we pressed on and found ways to keep playing what we love to play.

I don't care if you hate pet jobs with a passion. I just hope that after the last update, after you have all the clears and gears you want, maybe find a way to do that content with Warriors, Dark Knights and Dragoons. Or Ninjas and Monks. Or whatever else you love that you don't get to play anymore.

And maybe if you do love pets jobs as much as I do, come on over to Quetzalcoatl and join us.
By Shinzaku 2015-11-11 18:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Hey Tru when are you usually on? I tried /sea for ya but you weren't on. :[
First Page 2 3