Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Solo 49-99
Solo 49-99
 Valefor.Seranos
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-06 09:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Hey all! I'm looking to get my WHM up to 99 and was planning on soloing most of the levels. With the decline in Aby parties, I just don't think burning is feasible.

I plan on doing GoV/FoV with trusts and just burning through DC/EP. I have never solo'd on WHM before so really don't know how to go about it. Should I use clubs or staves? Use PLD/DDX2 trusts or just supports to crest me? Treat me like a DD, tank or healer?

I don't really need tips on location (but won't turn them down).

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-04-06 09:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Dual wielding clubs in a DD set (not sure how much of a set you can get at low level) will be faster than using a staff. If you're fighting DC you can probably tank them yourself with support trusts so I would use Ayame just because she`ll skillchain with you.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-06 09:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Might take awhile...

That said, you may even be able to manage GoV in Bostoneiux (or however you spell that) if you have the Gadalar trust. He loves his Firaga, and those leeches melt fairly easily.

Ninja edit: maybe get an LS friend to burn some XP for you while they gather CP/merits in Adoulin?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-06 09:47:26
Link | Citer | R

I would whm/dnc clubs, and use Qultada Karaha/Koru and like Mayakov.

The most important thing is choosing proper camps. Floor 10 Delkfutt is great to 49.

Eldieme bones worked till... 63ish (bonus for blunt damage~)

Leeches are really slow/bad till at least early 70s.

DD trust are pretty much terrible, even as a whm/dnc your DPS will double theirs... always just go with supports.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-06 10:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Exping in LoZ has been really fast and efficient. Started on page 1 at 51~ and now I am on page 4 at just hit level 70, and that all just took a few days playing casually. Using Naji, Kahara, and Ayame and most stuff dies really quickly. I could probably forego Naji for Mayakov as well, which I might try.

As others have said I would go with the clubs as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-06 14:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the helpful tips. Now to find gear...

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-06 15:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
Valefor.Seranos said: »
Roe npc sell amazing gear per lvl now like seer's set for mages29 or noct set for thf cor rng30 or eizen set for heavy dd or shade set with empty killer etc

Honestly only thought they sold weapons. Good call!
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-04-06 15:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
Roe npc sell amazing gear per lvl now like seer's set for mages29 or noct set for thf cor rng30 or eizen set for heavy dd or shade set with empty killer etc

Honestly only thought they sold weapons. Good call!

They did to start with. Eventually SE added low level gear too.
 Sylph.Nemn
Serveur: Sylph
user: Nemn
By Sylph.Nemn 2015-04-10 04:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Yeah leeching off CP or exp in gates zones 50+ would be 600-1000 per kill ringless. Can take turns capping merits or getting JA/skilling up a new job

You mean no more Aby lvling? Got any good camps/solo spots a friend could help level me?
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-04-10 07:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Yeah leeching off CP or exp in gates zones 50+ would be 600-1000 per kill ringless. Can take turns capping merits or getting JA/skilling up a new job
I thought you had to be lvl 96+ to access adoulin areas.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-10 07:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
I thought you had to be lvl 96+ to access adoulin areas.
Not outside.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-10 19:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Nemn said: »

You mean no more Aby lvling? Got any good camps/solo spots a friend could help level me?
On Sylph, people still level in Abyssea all the time.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-10 19:38:23
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

On Sylph, people still level in Abyssea all the time.

Not on Valefor.
By Nemn 2015-04-11 05:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Josiahfk said: »

Walk south in ceizak and move west a bit to sih gates. Upon entering there are aggroing chapuli and past them is a Mandy camp that links but doesn't aggro. Perfect low lvl for starters to get familiar and skills capped but still 600-1000+ Exp per kill in a chain for lvl 50+, plus some CP for the 99

All in all its a very short walk. If the are a Mage you can get fast exp stone I-ing umbrils in cirdas, like 20 spawns 10 seconds from enigmatic device including a room of just umbrils.

Thanks for this. Sorry Jeanpaul, I am no longer on Sylph or I would look you up for sure!

*Edit* Also is this exp constant or just while the exp/ect campaigns are active?
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-21 08:10:01
Link | Citer | R

So, I have done a bit of partying here and boy is this slow. Dual wielding clubs is really slow and killing just takes forever. At 67 now and killing EP (54ish) mobs in Crawler's Nest is really slow.

I'll probably just ride my Coalition Imprimptaurs and get there in a month or so. :(
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2015-04-22 09:20:03
Link | Citer | R

For the heck of it, I did geo and run basically up to 99 solo w/trusts. Some abby, exp papers, impriptaurs, but mostly trusts and GoV. I found having a secondary goal made it bearable. I did GoV zones for different crafting torques, some with my fellow, some to stockpile crafting materials, etc. I did geo most of the time with no weapon, just DD trusts and focused on spell spamming for skill. Need something to break the boring cycle.