Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » EXTREMELY situational all-round set
EXTREMELY situational all-round set
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2015-04-05 02:04:13
Link | Citer | R

OK, so I was doing some Vagary, when I noticed that all my gear save for weapons/ranged/ammo was locked in place (Encumbrance) during the fight against Plouton.

So! What would the ideal setup to kick his tuckus be? Some kind of hybrid Store TP/MAB setup for QD/WS'ing?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-04-05 02:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I would just idle in pdt/mdt/dt- sets just so you don't randomly get waxed.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-04-05 02:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
OK, so I was doing some Vagary, when I noticed that all my gear save for weapons/ranged/ammo was locked in place (Encumbrance) during the fight against Plouton.

Your group needs to get better at fighting him and it will only be a minor issue. Whenever plouton gets nuked by the element he is currently strong against he will AoE Encumber everyone. The lengh of the encumbrace is directly proportional to the damage you healed.

So when he uses the "dustcloud 2hr" animation and changed weakness your group should only use very small nukes to probe it out. Then afterwards avoid the opposing element - that also includes magical WSes and skillchains.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2015-04-05 16:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »

Your group needs to get better at fighting him and it will only be a minor issue. Whenever plouton gets nuked by the element he is currently strong against he will AoE Encumber everyone. The lengh of the encumbrace is directly proportional to the damage you healed.

So when he uses the "dustcloud 2hr" animation and changed weakness your group should only use very small nukes to probe it out. Then afterwards avoid the opposing element - that also includes magical WSes and skillchains.
So much memories of JOL... So this is the new JOL?
I haven't fought him yet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [131 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2015-08-14 16:15:43
Link | Citer | R

I've thought of another application for a hybrid set--Belligerency! Since it's PVP action versus Mons, they put an encumberance on you every time you swap one piece of equipment.

I've no idea how to optimize this set for the 30/60/90 limit caps, especially since I don't really know how well gear scales down.

Additionally, level cap sets for 20/40/50 and a "normal" uncapped set for Ballista/Brenner purposes would be appreciated.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-14 16:31:58
Link | Citer | R

For pvp you want to put a certain emphasis on gear that resist statuses such as sleep, petrify and stun as the most common tactic is to lock down your opponent and then nuke it as hard as you can with magic. Cor can do this subbing scholar and using QD and Leaden Salute.

I can't give you specific sets as I never researched it but pretty much stack resistance to petrify and sleep, dt gear, a 18% movement piece and the rest mab.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2015-08-14 19:00:05
Link | Citer | R

What about versus Monipulators?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2015-08-14 19:09:07
Link | Citer | R

There's also two situations vs. monipulators that I'd like to look at: Solo play (ha ha probably not feasible at all given how OP Mons are... but then you could be solo farming regular monsters) and Party play.