Did They Really Kill It?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Did they really kill it?
Did they really kill it?
By charlo999 2015-03-27 09:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Obviously valli didn't push blu's power hard enough when everyone was going crazy about thf.
By lhova 2015-03-27 10:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I messed with Rudra's a little on my dancer and it's noticeably weaker. Which is perfect. Rudra's was imbalanced prior to the update. There's no reason why one job should lead the parse AND be a premier solo job. Unless that job is blue mage, of course ;)

SHHHHHHHH! Nobody seems to notice, yet.

Everyone notices how OP blue is, thats why is so screwed up that SE messes with Thf. For years and years all thf ever was wanted for was to be a th *** and then "get off the mob". When it finally gained respect as a DD, SE gimps it.
By Istabicure 2015-03-27 10:47:11
Link | Citer | R

If you want to be a DD thf, you'll need to actually invest in it. Make a Vajra. My numbers with stab were the "omgwtfrudras" tier before they op'd rs. If you're good at the job and know your skill chain openings and closings and use gear swaps you'll be fine. If not, go regear SAM... again.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-03-27 10:51:14
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »
I messed with Rudra's a little on my dancer and it's noticeably weaker. Which is perfect. Rudra's was imbalanced prior to the update. There's no reason why one job should lead the parse AND be a premier solo job. Unless that job is blue mage, of course ;)

Everyone notices how OP blue is, thats why is so screwed up that SE messes with Thf. For years and years all thf ever was wanted for was to be a th *** and then "get off the mob". When it finally gained respect as a DD, SE gimps it.

It's not a new thing, I was already outparse most of the THF and DNC as BLU before RS nerf. But it was Rudra > Rudra > Darkness that was so OP tbh.
By lhova 2015-03-27 10:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Istabicure said: »
If you want to be a DD thf, you'll need to actually invest in it. Make a Vajra. My numbers with stab were the "omgwtfrudras" tier before they op'd rs. If you're good at the job and know your skill chain openings and closings and use gear swaps you'll be fine. If not, go regear SAM... again.

I am making a Vajra (20k alexs to go) but that still doesn't negate the fact how OP other jobs are (Sam, Smn, Blu, Blm) but Thf is the job they wanted to pick on due to Ardor? That's BS I don't care if my Thf if powerful in a party honestly. I just cared that it gave me more options to solo ***so I didn't have to be dependent on help. I'd rather they gimp the sc damage from thief.
By Istabicure 2015-03-27 11:04:56
Link | Citer | R

I am making a Vajra (20k alexs to go) but that still doesn't negate the fact how OP other jobs are (Sam, Smn, Blu, Blm) but Thf is the job they wanted to pick on due to Ardor? That's BS I don't care if my Thf if powerful in a party honestly. I just cared that it gave me more options to solo ***so I didn't have to be dependent on help. I'd rather they gimp the sc damage from thief.

If you're honestly really worried about solo'ing. Anything you solo with thf even no trusts(dyna and salvage etc) you should be one shotting with a good ws set anyhow. Nothing will change the fact that people will follow the herd to get things accomplished. If you're a good thf with good gear solo'ing anything shouldn't be an issue that is fixed with a clearly op weapon skill. It was pretty pathetic that owning a Vajra pre rs buff and seeing how many scrub thfs with an atoyac as their main weapon were dishing out the same tier numbers with R. Storm that compared to a Vajra owners.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-27 11:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »

It's not a new thing, I was already outparse most of the THF and DNC as BLU before RS nerf. But it was Rudra > Rudra > Darkness that was so OP tbh.
Rudra > Rdura is such a waste. It works much better with blu and a thf or dnc and a thf. CDC > Sinker drill > Rudra, evis > PK > Rudra.
By Pluton 2015-03-27 11:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Ulthakptah said: »
Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »

Rudra > Rdura is such a waste. It works much better with blu and a thf or dnc and a thf. CDC > Sinker drill > Rudra, evis > PK > Rudra.

waste .. waste.. When it does 99999 damages and kill the mobs, that's far enough xD
By lhova 2015-03-27 11:45:19
Link | Citer | R

If you're honestly really worried about solo'ing. Anything you solo with thf even no trusts(dyna and salvage etc) you should be one shotting with a good ws set anyhow. Nothing will change the fact that people will follow the herd to get things accomplished. If you're a good thf with good gear solo'ing anything shouldn't be an issue that is fixed with a clearly op weapon skill. It was pretty pathetic that owning a Vajra pre rs buff and seeing how many scrub thfs with an atoyac as their main weapon were dishing out the same tier numbers with R. Storm that compared to a Vajra owners.

My gear is legit with the exception of Vajra and a few augs but I'm having trouble one shotting anything with out bully/SNk RS. at 1750 TP I expect to be able to one shot or at the least take 70-80% hp from a fodder mob. 3k RS makes me cry.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-27 11:52:26
Link | Citer | R

so you're saying you only did 4.5k Rudra before the nerf?
 Sylph.Ashiya
Serveur: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-03-27 12:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

Shots Fired! XD
By lhova 2015-03-27 12:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

No I use to 1 shot them, hence my skepticism about the nerf not being "that bad" or ~30%. Its not a crit ws so the numbers shouldn't vary that much on the same mob.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Serveur: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-27 13:35:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm doing more damage with Pyrrhic Kleos than a lot of THFs are doing with Rudra's now. I expect that difference to get even worse when I get my mythic done.
By lhova 2015-03-27 14:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I'm doing more damage with Pyrrhic Kleos than a lot of THFs are doing with Rudra's now. I expect that difference to get even worse when I get my mythic done.

Dancer was arguably a better DD than thief before the update so it doesn't surprise me at all what you are saying.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2015-03-27 14:26:01
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
This is why the US economy is in bad shape people worrying about a weapon skill when they should be working !

U.S. economy is actually doing well atm. I've put money on it.