Cor And Dual Wield.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Cor and dual wield.
Cor and dual wield.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-19 11:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Remember, in the fairly common scenario where you're /DNC and have the buffs to cap magical haste (i.e. you're getting marches), you only need ~DW+9% to cap delay reduction. You can get that on a single piece of gear (DW+5% aug on Taeon feet, which also have the native DW+4%).

Is another DW+5% to hit delay cap more valuable than the alternative of TA+2%? Yes.

Does any more DW than that help you at all at the expense of ANY other beneficial stat? No.

Earlier you said cor/dnc needs 24% DW to cap with full haste buffs. So what changed here?

Subbing /dnc will provide you with dw trait II, with that, and capped haste gear+magic you still need dw+20 to cap attack delay reduction (no haste samba).

Also, how much dw total do you have? I used a rushed cor spreadsheet, and still i cant find ta2 increasing more dmg than dw5, unless your dw is over cap.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-19 11:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Remember, in the fairly common scenario where you're /DNC and have the buffs to cap magical haste (i.e. you're getting marches), you only need ~DW+9% to cap delay reduction. You can get that on a single piece of gear (DW+5% aug on Taeon feet, which also have the native DW+4%).

Is another DW+5% to hit delay cap more valuable than the alternative of TA+2%? Yes.

Does any more DW than that help you at all at the expense of ANY other beneficial stat? No.

Earlier you said cor/dnc needs 24% DW to cap with full haste buffs. So what changed here?

Subbing /dnc will provide you with dw trait II, with that, and capped haste gear+magic you still need dw+20 to cap attack delay reduction (no haste samba).

Also, how much dw total do you have? I used a rushed cor spreadsheet, and still i cant find ta2 increasing more dmg than dw5, unless your dw is over cap.

Actually, i think haste samba change everything. If you have haste samba in your buffs actived, that means youre over cap already, and any dw will hurt your dps.

You just need dw 7% to cap with haste samba+ magic/gear haste, so basicaly, subing /dnc with haste samba youre already 8% over the necessary dw.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-03-19 12:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-03-19 12:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Actually, i think haste samba change everything. If you have haste samba in your buffs actived, that means youre over cap already, and any dw will hurt your dps.

You just need dw 7% to cap with haste samba+ magic/gear haste, so basicaly, subing /dnc with haste samba youre already 8% over the necessary dw.

I have 9% DW from Taeon boots

But i see ppl with +DW on every Taeon piece and couldn't understand why, now I know I'm not crazy they are either making solo pieces or dumb.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-03-19 12:19:01
Link | Citer | R

I would also like to point out the numbers I put up from the spreadsheet are only with haste2 and 9% DW so unless I did it wrong it was higher with just that 9%DW and the rest of my gear multi hit stacking.

However I messed with it abit and putting TA2 in place of DW5 on Taeon boots DPS went down but full DW+ on the rest of my Taeon pieces made DPS go down aswell.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-19 12:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
15% base as /DNC, 9% from gear. I'd personally use Suppanomimi and 2TA Taeon feet.

This assumes that you're keeping Haste Samba up at all times, however.

Yeah, actually I think you're right. Sometimes it slips my mind that even the TA+2% Taeon feet have that base DW+4% anyway, leaving only 5% to make up in any gear slot. Thanks for the correction! Another option besides Suppa is to use Epona/Haverton for ring slots. That requires having chosen Haverton, of course... but I'd guess a decent amount of CORs did since it's also great for Racc/Snapshot.

So the net of it: if you can stick a 5% DW piece in somewhere, that along with the base +4% DW on Taeon feet is enough to cap delay IF you're capped magical haste and using /DNC samba. So never use DW Taeon if you're getting marches+haste.

But i see ppl with +DW on every Taeon piece and couldn't understand why, now I know I'm not crazy they are either making solo pieces or dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like having DW Taeon gear (it's my #2 Taeon set, but TA+2% gear is definitely the priority on any melee Taeon job). The DW can be very helpful if you're in a non-BRD party on COR, it's nice solo/low-buff gear for other DW jobs (THF can cap delay reduction with NO magical haste!), etc.

But I definitely believe a lot of people don't know what they're doing and are stacking DW gear in situations where they're already hitting delay reduction cap, meaning that DW is doing absolutely nothing for them. Quite sure you're seeing that sometimes on others.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-03-19 12:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Unless QD is getting counted as melee damage, I don't see how our results could be that different. To be fair, I haven't parsed anything on COR recently and I was using deathlocke at the time.

Well, I didn't know your target/setup, so it's hard to tell. But one major difference may be the fact that I don't use chaos on myself when I'm using leaden salute as main WS. For example, On evasive NMs like mandy in yorcia, I gave other DD chaos+hunter, then overwrite my chaos roll with SAM roll. With SAM roll and OAT dagger, I can WS fast enough to solo skill chain, without chaos roll my DPS were lower, so that probably affected my WS/white dmg ratio since I WS a lot faster than other 1h DD jobs like MNK and BLU, but ended up having much lower DPS than those jobs.

Given your post (yorcia/malaise) it sounds youre using wildfire or leaden, what makes this kind of bad example, because wopket is resistant to piercing dmg and weak to fire dmg (so youre tping with a resisted weapon and ws with bonus).

So, you cant really use that example to say 75:25.

Well, that was the parse of the entire run, so that includes fodder/T1~T5 and the boss. Even if the boss lowered my white dmg, it won't be that much when the parse includes other NM and fodders.

In that parse my WS avg was 8652, WSed 39 times, which makes WS dmg 338988 total. My total dmg of entire run was 412196, which makes QD+white dmg 73208 only.

That makes WS worth over 80% of total dmg, while white dmg worth less than 20% since that includes QD dmg as well.

The parse was done in 2014/6, at that time I didn't know about indi-malaise, I have almost no WSD+ gears as well. Now with all that WSD+ gears and indi malaise spam nowadays, it's very possible to avg double amount of number above with any ilv gun.