Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-09-06 06:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said:
ok, just hit 70SAM

Quick question.

Which piece of hachiman would be most beneficial to me? (I really only have the gil for 1 piece at the moment >.>)

None are beneficial if they don't reduce your number of hits to 100 tp.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-09-06 06:50:33
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Fyyvoaa said:
ok, just hit 70SAM

Quick question.

Which piece of hachiman would be most beneficial to me? (I really only have the gil for 1 piece at the moment >.>)

None are beneficial if they don't reduce your number of hits to 100 tp.

That's what I am aiming for, right now I do pretty good (6-7 hit build) would be nice to work towards a 5-6 hit build consistently
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Serveur: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-09-06 08:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Well, what's your other gear atm?
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-09-06 08:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Meeeeeep said:
Well, what's your other gear atm?

Check my profile

I have a Optical Hat as well that I use.

Great Katana is different as well.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-06 08:39:48
Link | Citer | R

@Fyyvoaa: At Lv70 you get your final natural StoreTP trait so you have an automatic 7-hit for GK regardless. It's a natural +25 StoreTP which is what it takes for a 450 delay GK. If you're using a Polearm at all, namely the 480 delay options, you'll need less, and a 6-hit would be relatively easy in that case because it only requires +29 StoreTP in total (a difference of +4).

A 6-hit with a GK is as good as you'll get (5-hit isn't at all practical) and for that you need +46 STP, which is +21 in gear currently and no single piece will be up to make up the difference even with the pants you have on. With that said, your current leg piece is doing nothing for you due to any extra STP beyond what grants you one less hit to 100% is wasted.
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-06 08:47:33
Link | Citer | R

5 hit is possible during campaign and just having a Rose Strap and Chiv Chain only.

you got to figure out about the other STP+14 you don't get in campaign though.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-06 10:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said:
ok, just hit 70SAM

Quick question.

I set out to make a 6-hit build specifically for Pre-Merits and I like to think I made the right choice, shaving off a full hit, instead of taking the 3% haste or 20-22 attack.

TP Gear
WS Gear

As Frobeus mentioned, it's not really worth wearing any hachiman unless you can shave a hit off your build. Hachiman domaru isn't required for the WS gear if the gear you use is the same (STP wise) as the 2 builds above, but I like the +STR on WS, especially with Gekko having a natural accuracy bonus. Hachiman feet are also nice if you don't have anything with STR+3 or higher on them, for feet, and also give you the extra STP you need to maintain a "true" 6-hit build. (Hit x6 -> WS -> Hit x5 -> WS).
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-06 10:51:01
Link | Citer | R

@Hitetsu: On your pre-70 build, if you squeezed in an extra +1 STP during the TP phase you could drop the Shinimusha legs on WS altogether. Rose Strap would be an alternative to consider if you had a better ring slot that Ecphoria and were /WAR with a natural DA trait.

On the same hand, your current WS set allows you to drop 1 STP from your TP set (assuming mah math's rite) so Ecphoria OR Chiv Chain are extras as far as I can tell.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-09-06 14:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps, I've not gone through the math in about a month. All I know, this way, I get a good hit rate and have a real 6-hit. I'll probably go through the math tomorrow or something.

I know I need +21 on each setup, and atm I have +21 and +23 in TP and WS respectively. I could take ~2 off my WS set and still pull it off, I dunno.. I'm rambling and I'm tired >_> I'll have a look tomorrow or something.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-07 02:15:40
Link | Citer | R

since beeing about sam, guess this questions goes here.

I'm trying to squeeze in my fuma's to reach 20% haste on my sam while still maintaining 6 hit build. I'm not sure though that I'd like to swap my pole grip for a rose strap, not even sure the stp +4 would be enough, unless i swapped snipers for Ecphoria Ring.

this is what i TP in atm http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=101707

suggestions?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-07 02:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Tack on an Ecphoria and Rose Strap and you're good to go, Zanno. Only need +11STP @75 with full STP merits, which I'm assuming you have, to get a 6-hit. If you have /WAR and Brutal, the jump from 15% to 17% is pretty minimal actually in overall damage, so this extra hit gained along with 3% haste boost is much more in your favor. You'll need to leave that gear on or swap in something to make up for the difference on WS. Hachiman Body would likely cover your *** and is completely fine for WS now.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-07 02:39:35
Link | Citer | R

yea i got full stp merits. I'm working on GKT merits though, since SE is so damn cheap about their combat skill merits I've been swapping them around alot depending on what job im using the most for the moment. but i guess 1 less acc from switching from sniper > Ecphoria isnt gonna break me.

Damn you SE for not letting me cap all weapons in combat skill merits!
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-09-07 23:03:35
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-09-08 00:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
yea i got full stp merits. I'm working on GKT merits though, since SE is so damn cheap about their combat skill merits I've been swapping them around alot depending on what job im using the most for the moment. but i guess 1 less acc from switching from sniper > Ecphoria isnt gonna break me.

I find it stupid too they need more space for combat. Anyway >.>;

Other than that save for a hagun or do SIAC and have people help you get it. One or the other is best.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-08 00:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Stanflame said:
Zanno said:

I find it stupid too they need more space for combat. Anyway >.>;

Other than that save for a hagun or do SIAC and have people help you get it. One or the other is best.

why would i save for a hagun? i have one lol <.<

in my item set, now I've got the rose strap and Ecphoria, I've yet to try it in pt though.
 Remora.Aark
Serveur: Remora
user: Aark
By Remora.Aark 2009-09-16 09:59:50
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxicalculator.com/

This calculator can do a lot of stuff, and also see how much STP you got and how many swings you do to get 100 TP. From there on it can also see how much acc you got etc etc etc. Use it, stop having problems calculatin your STP the wrong way until you've actually learned how to calculate STP yourself.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-16 10:06:05
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

The Rose Strap/Ecphoria build for 20% haste 6-hit is amazing, and I love it. It's the best non-Usukane set you can really build, on paper. I've ran it in a few different situations so far, and it shines in all. For anyone curious: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=77700
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-11 18:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Since this is where the Zanshin business began awhile back I thought I'd bump this with some testing Mote has recently done: http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/84153-zanshin-proc-rate-accuracy-bonus.html

Edit: *** YOU NECRO SKULL DONT EVEN
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9