Where Does Mekosuchinae Harness Fit In With Cor?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Where does Mekosuchinae Harness fit in with Cor?
Where does Mekosuchinae Harness fit in with Cor?
 Bahamut.Kiroo
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kiroo
By Bahamut.Kiroo 2014-10-16 06:53:47
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking of using this for my WS piece what do you guys think? I just hit 99 so I'm still trying to find my balance gear wise
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-16 07:00:33
Link | Citer | R

For Last Stand? It's inferior to Laksamana+1. Refer to guide for more info on ideal sets.
 Bahamut.Kiroo
By Bahamut.Kiroo 2014-10-16 07:16:45
Link | Citer | R

isn't wildfire generally a stronger ws tho?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 07:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kiroo said: »

not really, Last Stand for me usually does 10~12k , WF hits around 5k~8k and my sets are pretty good.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-16 07:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Idle piece when you're stuck cor/mage.

So, ideally, it rots in your mog satchel.
 Bahamut.Kiroo
By Bahamut.Kiroo 2014-10-16 07:21:18
Link | Citer | R

Thanks a bunch guys! Tho kinda sad that I went thru the effort for Wildfire for nothing lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-16 07:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Leaden and Last Stand are often equal, or not very far from each other. Wildfire is inferior, but not useless, it still has a spot for fire weak mobs(or magic weak but dark resistant)and when you want to keep your enmity low when shooting. Niche, but not entirely worthless.
Either way Lanun+1 is the best for magic ws.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 07:52:23
Link | Citer | R

i use umbani cap for magic ws's
By Pantafernando 2014-10-16 08:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Wildfire and last stand are diferent ws, and for gimmicks nms more often than not wildfire will have advantage. But when wildfire cant benefit, it will be considerably worse.

Doing some ceizak mobs in foret, i was doing around 5k in mastop with wildfire to balance his defense with magic dmg. Against scorp, it dropped to less than 2k (pretty meh gear and no mab buffs).

But is leaden salute a better ws than wildfire? I can see leaden having more interesting gear options (archon ring, the 28 mab hairpin), wondering if i will have net gain by changing wildfire for leaden, just for gimmicks nms.

Also, how does evisceration compared to last stand? Im using a melee cor btw. Considering muwingwa, is hits pdt restricted to ranged or its a piercing weakness? In other words, last stand will have the upperhand against dagger ws?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 08:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Wildfire has 60% AGI mod while Leaden Salute has the full 100% so with the same gearset for both WS's leaden salute will do more dmg unless theres a fire weakness or a dark resistance.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-16 08:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Leaden is significantly stronger than Wildfire. As is Last Stand than Evis. And you can use ranged ws when meleeing without problems, the only thing they would get differently is bard acc songs, every other buff is the same.

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
No. Please don't spread misinformation and refer to the guide.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-16 09:03:16
Link | Citer | R

not really, Last Stand for me usually does 10~12k , WF hits around 5k~8k and my sets are pretty good.

Stop inflating the WS number by using spike dmg/1000+ TP/certain weakness target.

LS definitely can hit 12k, but it doesn't happen on every target in every situation @1000 TP, so does wildfire.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 09:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Leaden is significantly stronger than Wildfire. As is Last Stand than Evis. And you can use ranged ws when meleeing without problems, the only thing they would get differently is bard acc songs, every other buff is the same.

whoa slow down hero, it's not misinformation, 31 agi is great we're not questioning that, But I still use Umbani Cap, I have both and the difference leans towards Umbani for me, I can compare with screenshots if you like.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-16 09:22:36
Link | Citer | R

No shutup. Umbani is nowhere close to Pixie+1 for Leaden and it's inferior to Fugacity+1 for WF as mdmg is inferior to mab.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-16 09:26:57
Link | Citer | R

whoa slow down hero, it's not misinformation, 31 agi is great we're not questioning that, But I still use Umbani Cap, I have both and the difference leans towards Umbani for me, I can compare with screenshots if you like.

I'm no COR, but screenshots matter little compared to DPS calculations. I can show you screenshots that show KO beating Phorcys for Fudo, that doesn't mean it's a superior body.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 09:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

I'm no COR, but screenshots matter little compared to DPS calculations. I can show you screenshots that show KO beating Phorcys for Fudo, that doesn't mean it's a superior body.

no doubt you're absolutely right, so i never listen to spreadsheets, what works in the fight and what works on paper are two different things.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-10-16 09:30:52
Link | Citer | R

No shutup. Umbani is nowhere close to Pixie+1 for Leaden and it's inferior to Fugacity+1 for WF as mdmg is inferior to mab.

i didn't say nothing about those 2 pieces, i'm talking about lanun tricorne only, its a great piece w/ 31 AGI but I get better wsavg's with umbani, maybe its dINT or something else but it still leans for umbani on my screen.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-16 09:32:45
Link | Citer | R

i didn't say nothing about those 2 pieces, i'm talking about lanun tricorne only, its a great piece w/ 31 AGI but I get better wsavg's with umbani, maybe its dINT or something else but it still leans for umbani on my screen.

She was talking about Lanun Frac +1, not the Tricorne. Because the thread was about a body piece. But you're still wrong if you're using Umbani as anything but a placeholder until you acquire one of those other pieces.

Ugh.
[+]
 Bahamut.Menty
user: mental
By Bahamut.Menty 2014-10-16 09:33:01
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking of using this for my WS piece what do you guys think? I just hit 99 so I'm still trying to find my balance gear wise

Idle.

Your mages will like you. Who doesn't want to look like a Croc now and again.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-10-16 09:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

no doubt you're absolutely right, so i never listen to spreadsheets, what works in the fight and what works on paper are two different things.

...Did you just agree to his statement and then say you do the exact opposite?
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-16 10:02:52
Link | Citer | R

paper maths brah
 Siren.Sieha
Serveur: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-16 10:26:37
Link | Citer | R

town gear~
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-16 15:11:33
Link | Citer | R

TP piece during melee (good acc if using atoyac ,esp)
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2014-10-16 15:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
TP piece during melee (good acc if using atoyac ,esp)

This and idle for when /mage.

Plus it looks sexy.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2014-10-18 18:25:05
Link | Citer | R

yeah 10/12K at 3000 tp on weak mobs ..
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2014-11-11 11:45:42
Link | Citer | R

lol umbani caps for WF really ... stop lay cor sora
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-11-11 11:52:28
Link | Citer | R

File it right next to your mextli harness.