Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » 2004
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2014-10-11 22:28:29
Link | Citer | R

back in 2004 a memory of mine was first day in pashhow marshlands was level 23 just got done a exp party and my friend and I tibbets was heading to jeuno this was first time either of us was in the area and to our surrize this malboro agroed us man it was so funny running our *** off and we had no idea where zone was just thought id share lol
[+]
 Valefor.Artemys
Serveur: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2014-10-11 23:00:51
Link | Citer | R

That trek to Jeuno back in the day for the first time was legendary. Another one was I remember going to Selbina from Windy for SJ and getting molested by pirates.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-11 23:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Can't say I miss a lot of the old aspects of the game, but it sure is nostalgic to think about.

There were things I accomplished back in 2004/2005 that felt more Epic than when I got my first relic/mythics.
[+]
By Areayea 2014-10-11 23:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Artemys said: »
That trek to Jeuno back in the day for the first time was legendary. Another one was I remember going to Selbina from Windy for SJ and getting molested by pirates.

I remember my trip to the dunes >.> first time... pirates attacked... i didn't know why the music changed and of course died at lvl 9 luckily there was a higher lvl whm on board they just raised me when we got off the ship
[+]
By dragomair 2014-10-11 23:12:14
Link | Citer | R

I remember a party leader making me sub whm on my war to tank >.> (Dunes.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-10-11 23:36:40
Link | Citer | R

I love old memories in this game! thank you for sharing yours Demonsgate!

I'll share one of mine dated: ‎January ‎24, ‎2004

Seeing AF for the first time, and on my first job to boot; WHM

I got on the selbina boat and found this character fishing. A few omg examines and screenshots later you have this:

<3
By Jetackuu 2014-10-11 23:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Sad part is, until a bit back that was my smn set (more or less, minus the earrings, belt and whm onry gear).
[+]
 Siren.Dokuu
Serveur: Siren
user: Dokuu1234
By Siren.Dokuu 2014-10-12 00:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Was always so sad that they changed the vermy / black cloak icon :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2014-10-12 00:14:02
Link | Citer | R

I remember running around and exploring as a lvl 9 mnk with no maps beyond the starter ones in Sandy and more importantly almost no gil. I wanted to just get as far as I could and after several tries made my way to Selbina and took the boat to Mhaura, spending 200 of my roughly 220gil I had to do so. Once I got there, I was so impressed with how far I had traveled, that I set my HP in Mhaura. After walking out into Buburimu and getting smoked, I realized that I wanted nothing more than to go back to Sandy, but much to my dismay, I only had 20 gil left which wouldn't get me back to Selbina and didn't own enough equipment/items to get enough gil from npc'ing stuff. I had just started and had no ls or friends to rely on. It took me like a week (sadly that's not an exaggeration, I thought about quitting at one point) to get out of Buburimu and into Tahrongi Canyon where I saw the crag and picked up a random tele back to Holla. It was incredibly lucky and stupid at the same time, one of my favorite noob moments. In hindsight, I'm VERY happy I didn't wind up in Bibiki Bay and even happier that I eventually discovered the power of ffxi-atlas.com :D
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-12 02:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Back when CoP was hard and Tav safehold access was a pretty big accomplishment:

Wiping to MG in sky:

Spooky dyna:

One of my first La Theine rainbows!

On the way to Fenrir!
[+]
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2014-10-12 06:25:56
Link | Citer | R

another for me was exping in moon for the first time had no idea where that was and getting there was such a problem lol
 Odin.Bellincion
By Odin.Bellincion 2014-10-12 06:37:33
Link | Citer | R

I miss those days, I know people have less time now, but the game to me was so much more rewarding and exciting. Its still fun but everything being new and still trying to figure out the game was a great time.
 Asura.Azriel
Serveur: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2014-10-12 07:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
I remember running around and exploring as a lvl 9 mnk with no maps beyond the starter ones in Sandy and more importantly almost no gil. I wanted to just get as far as I could and after several tries made my way to Selbina and took the boat to Mhaura, spending 200 of my roughly 220gil I had to do so. Once I got there, I was so impressed with how far I had traveled, that I set my HP in Mhaura. After walking out into Buburimu and getting smoked, I realized that I wanted nothing more than to go back to Sandy, but much to my dismay, I only had 20 gil left which wouldn't get me back to Selbina and didn't own enough equipment/items to get enough gil from npc'ing stuff. I had just started and had no ls or friends to rely on. It took me like a week (sadly that's not an exaggeration, I thought about quitting at one point) to get out of Buburimu and into Tahrongi Canyon where I saw the crag and picked up a random tele back to Holla. It was incredibly lucky and stupid at the same time, one of my favorite noob moments. In hindsight, I'm VERY happy I didn't wind up in Bibiki Bay and even happier that I eventually discovered the power of ffxi-atlas.com

So much this ... but my starting point was Bastok lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Cianti 2014-11-15 17:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Riding the ship to Selbina and waiting for pirates was my thing!
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-11-15 17:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Lvl1 naked runs from Sandy to Bastok. Always fun.