Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 110 111 112
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-19 19:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Luxxord said: »
Has anyone tested to see if the "boosts enmity decrease +8" on the Yngvi earring has any effect on the enmity decrease of High Jump?
This stat refers to increasing the loss of CE when taking dmg. There's no way it has any effect on High jump.
By Ozaii 2020-03-19 23:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Phoenix.Luxxord said: »
Has anyone tested to see if the "boosts enmity decrease +8" on the Yngvi earring has any effect on the enmity decrease of High Jump?
This stat refers to increasing the loss of CE when taking dmg. There's no way it has any effect on High jump.

Not just this but you should be fine to use just relic +3 for hate loss to have even trust tanks pull off of ya. Its not worth the tp loss.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-04-05 07:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Would a rank 13 Sailfi belt+1 or Fotia Belt be better for Impulse Drive with Shining One?
By Ozaii 2020-04-08 10:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Would a rank 13 Sailfi belt+1 or Fotia Belt be better for Impulse Drive with Shining One?

The sailfi
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-04-08 12:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Ozaii said: »

The sailfi

In the interim for people who don't have it yet:
Metalslinger Belt, Windbuffet+1 and Ios+1 all seem good too.

Fotia doesn't seem to be that much of a boost for WS that have a bulk of their damage on the first hit.
By Ozaii 2020-04-08 14:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Ozaii said: »

The sailfi

In the interim for people who don't have it yet:
Metalslinger Belt, Windbuffet+1 and Ios+1 all seem good too.

Fotia doesn't seem to be that much of a boost for WS that have a bulk of their damage on the first hit.
Prosilio belt +1 is also another option for those who dont wanna farm till salfi but just buy one instead.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-04-09 19:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Thanks guys I thought it would be the DRG guide ive been using hasnt been updated yet for the new unity augmented gear.
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-04-16 19:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Wondering if anyone has lua code to throw on breath set after WS and rules for steady wing?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-22 19:39:47
Link | Citer | R

So. Today i learned dragoon can use savage blade, with naegling, for 40-60k damage on fights where you dont want to skillchain (and generally people only bring savage/resolution jobs)

With a casual 53% WSD in gear, and 31% in job traits.

Its honestly pretty meme-y, fun and hilarious.
By Taint 2020-05-22 20:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
So. Today i learned dragoon can use savage blade, with naegling, for 40-60k damage on fights where you dont want to skillchain (and generally people only bring savage/resolution jobs)

With a casual 53% WSD in gear, and 31% in job traits.

Its honestly pretty meme-y, fun and hilarious.

Yeah when Naegling came out people did some pretty cool things with Savage DRG. Go back a few pages or 10.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-22 20:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Math and set suggestions are somewhere between pages 65 and 70. Predates WSD Boost.
By andy1110 2020-05-23 03:56:18
Link | Citer | R

hey guys, what's the gearswap order like to boost hp b4 triggering the HB? swap in HP+ gear > cast magic or just put HP+ gear in precast HB magic? and I remember someone mentioned drg can get over 100 SIRD, I couldn't find enough gear to reach that number, please help!! and one last question is do you still /mage for solo? /rdm? /blu?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-23 14:04:00
Link | Citer | R

I cant really answer questions for gearswap, but /blu is a great choice for when youre pretty sure your party isnt going to keep you alive, or you have no personal trusts. Its pretty fun in card farming, where you can pull a full group on the last floor your group doesnt need and spam sonic thrust to kill everything solo. Obviously, still carries a risk, as youre still getting beat on by a bunch of not so trash mobs, but it is doable and quite fun.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-05-23 14:41:11
Link | Citer | R

andy1110 said: »
hey guys, what's the gearswap order like to boost hp b4 triggering the HB? swap in HP+ gear > cast magic or just put HP+ gear in precast HB magic? and I remember someone mentioned drg can get over 100 SIRD, I couldn't find enough gear to reach that number, please help!! and one last question is do you still /mage for solo? /rdm? /blu?
fastcast in precast. AF Armet and HP+ in midcast(SIRD would also go here), relic head and breath+ in pet_midcast.

Healing breath SIRD sets are.. ugly.
ItemSet 354086
103% SIRD with 5/5 merits.
Taeon pieces should have 10% SIRD augments.
[+]
By andy1110 2020-05-25 05:52:48
Link | Citer | R

what's the magic sets like to be /blu?
By andy1110 2020-05-25 05:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
andy1110 said: »
fastcast in precast. AF Armet and HP+ in midcast(SIRD would also go here), relic head and breath+ in pet_midcast.

Healing breath SIRD sets are.. ugly.
ItemSet 354086
103% SIRD with 5/5 merits.
Taeon pieces should have 10% SIRD augments.

thanks for the reply, gotta do some SR for the legs
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-05-26 11:28:54
Link | Citer | R

I think I would put a Shadow Mantle and D-ring or something. The nullify damage 5% will prevent interruption. Though tbh if you're /RDM, the chances of a barspell being interrupted are extraordinarily low, unless you're fighting like 3 mobs at once. In all my years of soloing ***on DRG I never really had to worry about an interrupt set. Actually, now that I think on it, I used to put Wyvern HP%+ gear in my precast set to maximize the amount of time for the server to recognize it, since putting it in midcast was not usually enough to register it (AF pants).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-05-28 09:25:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I think I would put a Shadow Mantle and D-ring or something. The nullify damage 5% will prevent interruption. Though tbh if you're /RDM, the chances of a barspell being interrupted are extraordinarily low, unless you're fighting like 3 mobs at once. In all my years of soloing ***on DRG I never really had to worry about an interrupt set. Actually, now that I think on it, I used to put Wyvern HP%+ gear in my precast set to maximize the amount of time for the server to recognize it, since putting it in midcast was not usually enough to register it (AF pants).
Shadow mantle would have a 5% chance of preventing 1 hit from interrupting. This set will already prevent any and all hits from interrupting. Moonbeam cape(and ring for that matter) is in there to get some DT, and raise the healing breath threshold with all that HP.

And this isn't the sort of thing you use when you have one mob hitting you. This is for when you do something like pull an entire floor in Omen, etc.

And I'd like to get more PDT/DT in there, but SIRD is a *** to get on DRG.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-05-28 11:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Can /blu offer any job traits for DPS?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-05-28 12:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Nope. It's not an offensively oriented subjob.
By Ozaii 2020-05-30 06:00:23
Link | Citer | R

I made a post a few months back on the official forums about meva dd gear being lacking on dragoon. Not sure who all saw it but would like to share it here as well.

Originally it was a post about drg having another issue in which they actually fixed. So i just changed it up a bit.

Your text to link here...

The jobs still strong just hard to compare with all these meva dd who ignore para/amnesia/charm due to their high meva on their tp sets.

I just would like to share the issue as I am sure it is not just a me thing to notice the lack of options we have gearwise for it. And wanted to see if we could raise awareness on it.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-06-01 14:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Weird, I thought DRG usually shares gear sets with either heavy armor like WAR/PLD/SAM/DRK/BST, or at least medium armor like WAR/RDM/PLD/DRK/BST/RNG/SAM/BLU/RUN. The sets that will have the highest m.eva/p.eva will be sets for lighter jobs like THF/NIN/RNG/RUN jobs, while heavy armor typically have high p.def and mage gear has higher m.def.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-01 16:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Dragoon's been in this really weird place, since forever, where it gets neither the heaviest armor nor the really good light armor sets.

As such, it doesn't get access to, say, the Volte Hauberk set. While not a stunning MEVA set, it's above anything else (Sacro breastplate besides) DRG has access too. While maintaining some offensive presence.
By SimonSes 2020-06-01 16:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Weird, I thought DRG usually shares gear sets with either heavy armor like WAR/PLD/SAM/DRK/BST, or at least medium armor like WAR/RDM/PLD/DRK/BST/RNG/SAM/BLU/RUN. The sets that will have the highest m.eva/p.eva will be sets for lighter jobs like THF/NIN/RNG/RUN jobs, while heavy armor typically have high p.def and mage gear has higher m.def.

Light jobs have Malignance set which has highest meva in game, but there is a lot of light armors that have very poor meva.

Mage's stuff usually have quite a lot of meva. I might be wrong, but I think Inyanga +2 set had top meva head/body/legs/feet until Malignance took the spot. DRK has su3 set with high meva, but a lot of DT+, so its good only to resist debuffs, but not really to risk trying to resist magical damage (unless maybe when you have 6000+ hp up). SAM has Kednatsuba, BST has Malignance. WAR/PLD are basically limited to one very hard to get meva set, which is Volte from Windurst. Hard to get, but still possible to get and its actually not only good as meva set, but it also has nice offensive stats in form of high Double Attack and a lot of pdt/mdt.

Now DRG has few meva options for few slots, but its more pieces suited for defensive set rather than hybrid tp set, because those pieces lacks enough offensive power. Im talking about Sacro Breastplate, Volte cap and Volte Bracers (or Raetic Bangles +1). Bastok Volte has some tore TP, but meva is not that solid, especially on legs/feet you lose 30-43 meva on each compered to some best options to other jobs.
 Asura.Arouis
user: arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2020-06-06 01:29:58
Link | Citer | R

Anyone got any up to date Gear sets for Dragoon? :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-06-06 01:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arouis said: »
Anyone got any up to date Gear sets for Dragoon? :)

BG guide is current: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-06 12:31:26
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Raetic Bangles +1

DRG cant even use Bangles+1 sadly :(
DRG got screwed when it came to Macabre Gauntlets as well.

It limits our options even further. What is hilarious is probably the easiest meva set to obtain is DI gear or even some of the Relic+3 pieces. Still isn't great though.

Imperial Hairpin probably isnt worth the loss of other stats/MDB

DRG can supplement MEVA with this:

Head Pieces: I'd probably stick with Odin's Helm

Legs:

Feet:

[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-06-06 17:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Can any1 post their idle sets please
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-06 17:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Just shove as much regen, regain, and DT- into slots not taken up by movement speed+, warp ring and reraise earring.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-06-07 13:16:21
Link | Citer | R

HyperKTM said: »
Can any1 post their idle sets please
Code
-- Idle sets
    sets.idle ={
        ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head="Hjarrandi Helm",
    body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
    hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +2",
    legs={ name="Carmine Cuisses +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Attack+12','"Dual Wield"+6',}},
    feet={ name="Carmine Greaves +1", augments={'HP+80','MP+80','Phys. dmg. taken -4',}},
    neck={ name="Dgn. Collar +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Isa Belt",
    left_ear="Odnowa Earring",
    right_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
    left_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
    back="Moonlight Cape",
}

sets.idle.PDT ={

head="Hjarrandi Helm",
    body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
    legs="Volte Hose",
    feet={ name="Carmine Greaves +1", augments={'HP+80','MP+80','Phys. dmg. taken -4',}},
    waist="Asklepian Belt",
    left_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    back="Moonlight Cape",
}

sets.idle.Mage = {   
    head={ name="Jumalik Helm", augments={'MND+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Magic burst dmg.+10%','"Refresh"+1',}},
    body="Chozor. Coselete",
    legs={ name="Carmine Cuisses +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Attack+12','"Dual Wield"+6',}},
    neck="Loricate Torque +1",
    waist="Flume Belt +1",
    left_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
    right_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
    back="Moonlight Cape", }

sets.idle.Wyvern ={
    head="Hjarrandi Helm",
    body="Vishap Mail +3",
    feet={ name="Ptero. Greaves +3", augments={'Enhances "Empathy" effect',}},
    waist="Isa Belt",
    left_ear="Hypaspist Earring",
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Surprised people can't come up with this on their own though?

As a baseline
Movement Speed: Check
Capped/Near Capped -DT: Check
HP+ Gear: Check

I made one for /mage

I also made a wyvern regen set for shits and giggles.
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 110 111 112