If You Have Glanzfaust, What Are Your Thoughts?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » If you have Glanzfaust, what are your thoughts?
If you have Glanzfaust, what are your thoughts?
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Felgarr
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-06-24 00:45:57
Link | Citer | R

If you have Spharai, Verethragna and Glanzfaust, can you tell me your personal experiences with each weapon?

I want to gather as much information as I can about Glanzfaust, to help me make a mythic weapon decision. I want first-hand experience, please.

Thank you.

Edit: I have Spharai and Verethragna, and am thinking about making a Glanzfaust.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-06-24 00:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Do it.
 Asura.Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-06-24 00:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Do it.

Thank you, but I want actual first-hand experience. If you have it, what do you like about it? How do you feel it surpasses the other two weapons?
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-06-24 00:59:51
Link | Citer | R

I don't have it. Just a supporter of mythic building.

You have all the other ones, and if you like/are passionate about the job then do it.
[+]
 Asura.Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-06-24 01:10:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I don't have it. Just a supporter of mythic building.

You have all the other ones, and if you like/are passionate about the job then do it.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. A rare sight on these forums!
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-06-24 01:16:25
Link | Citer | R

No offence but there is like a million of these threads so you clearly ain't looking very hard. They have all been mathed and the dps for each given in optimal dps settings. glanz is number 1 what else do you need to know?
[+]
 Asura.Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-06-24 01:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
No offence but there is like a million of these threads so you clearly ain't looking very hard. They have all been mathed and the dps for each given in optimal dps settings. glanz is number 1 what else do you need to know?

I'm asking for firsthand experience from an actual mythic owner, not a calculation or approximation to be used in place of actual game play. (Also some of the calculations make assumptions that might not hold up in every situation. I think an owner might help give me a clear perspective).
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-24 01:50:35
Link | Citer | R

tbh just do it
 Sylph.Jrpg
Serveur: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2014-06-24 01:58:00
Link | Citer | R

yes it is worth it*
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-06-24 02:16:22
Link | Citer | R

When I finish my Koga, I'm most likely going to be starting on Glanzfaust so I can have the trifecta of MNK weapons.

I've Spharai and Verethragna currently. On fodder, low man events, and low tier delve NMs, I use Spharai. When doing mega boss' and higher end content when I'm fully buffed, I tend to lean toward my Verethragna's as the utility of the spharai's tends to go away (unable to counter, etc).

All in all, I personally like Spharai's more, but mainly because of the utility, where as for damage, Verethragna.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-06-24 02:29:54
Link | Citer | R

First hand experience of what parsing against other players who might be total garbage or really good? Against using pre determined stats and buffs in a calculation to give you a more accurate reflection in the weapons performance....

What is it you want? Some one to say they eyeballed scoreboard and best a lame oat mnk by 100k dmg?

First hand experience from mythic owner is asking for more of a random answer than actually spreadsheeting. I can count in one hand the number of good mythic owners I know. And I know a MNK with glanz and he doesn't do much better than a thinspa mnk.... So does that make the weapon trash?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-06-24 02:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Speaking from first hand experience, Glanz is a beast weapon whether for solo purpose or alliance purposes.

You will definitely love it and enjoy it.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-24 04:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Yagrush.
[+]
 Sylph.Xodia
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-06-24 05:03:01
Link | Citer | R

I have spharai and love them, the 13% trip dmg is rly nice and the counter for solo/tanking is cool its a really all rounded weapon imo. am making glanzfaust myself atm looking forward to them now.
As for vere they often tend to be neck and neck tied with spharai or pull ahead depending on situation/buffs but as prev poster said glanz are no.1 atm plus they look cool! gl!
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-06-24 05:04:15
Link | Citer | R

i have all 3, ever since getting glanzfaust i've used vereth and spharai less than 3 times each of the 50+ times i've been on mnk. damage wise i've annihilated every single mnk in parses except for 2 vere119s in my LS that I beat by ~5% (the supposed math of glanz being ahead of vere)
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-06-24 07:05:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
i have all 3, ever since getting glanzfaust i've used vereth and spharai less than 3 times each of the 50+ times i've been on mnk. damage wise i've annihilated every single mnk in parses except for 2 vere119s in my LS that I beat by ~5% (the supposed math of glanz being ahead of vere)

Answer your GW inbox and Skype already.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-24 07:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Felgarr said: »
If you have Spharai, Verethragna and Glanzfaust, can you tell me your personal experiences with each weapon?

I want to gather as much information as I can about Glanzfaust, to help me make a mythic weapon decision. I want first-hand experience, please.

Thank you.

Edit: I have Spharai and Verethragna, and am thinking about making a Glanzfaust.
I say conqueror for the better slashing DDing, you are missing that category lol but for reals if you love monk go for it. Personally I would have only built one of the weapons. My personal favorite is vere, I do not own, but have used others. I like the ease of keeping up aftermath over the triple attack. However, keep in mind all of the mythic threads and people's experience are skewed atm bc mythic aftermath maintaining just got a big boost with the increased tp bonuses.
 Carbuncle.Dagget
user: simbaa
By Carbuncle.Dagget 2014-06-26 21:47:28
Link | Citer | R

Basically this.

Glanzfaust crushes the competition. The only situation I'd use one of the other weapons is Skirmish.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-06-26 22:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
And I know a MNK with glanz and he doesn't do much better than a thinspa mnk.... So does that make the weapon trash?

No, it makes him Buldom.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2014-06-26 23:37:53
Link | Citer | R

You already know you want to make it, just do it. I was torn between making something useful, or making a gastraphetes because crossbows are just awesome and trueflight is shiny. I don't even play the game anymore (but thinking of reactivating july to *** around with new trueflight ws mods) and don't regret it at all. In the end, it's all about having fun and the personal satisfaction experience.
[+]
By anarkus 2014-06-27 01:39:46
Link | Citer | R

idk, all ppl say glanzfaust > all other. Dont forget for that you need AM3. Most ***in delve die before or just after you active the AM3, since sam crush NM in 1-2 min max.

Its nice for kill trash mob, store tp before mega boss.

After for soloing you will never use AM3, and spharai will give more defensive skill.

Some ppl forget that all ppl dont have pocket 99 GH daru for doing stuff.

Its nice weapon, but in pure dmg, koga will win easily.
After if you love mnk : make glanzfaust, its fun for AM3 mega boss (and only mega boss since no time to use before ; ; too strong sam now ; ;)

And dont forget that game now is so weak that any 119 weapon will crush any event. So make your mythic for fun, not more the DPS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-06-27 02:07:08
Link | Citer | R

AM3 is a joke to maintain in everything (skirmish 3 included, but slightly more annoying) unless you have brain damage.

Kogarasumaru doesn't "crush" it either, I was maybe 50-100 dps behind my own Koga in Yorcia (Wopket included) with Glanzfaust with the added benefit of way the *** more HP, mantra, and less TP feed for morta cause of subtle blow. Granted, this was before the WS buff so maybe that has changed.

I also see people mention Spharai's defensive skill as one of the main pros of it, but really when do you ever get to use counter? You can't counter any mob worth a damn due to their ironclad-type attacks, and things that you can counter do jack ***for damage melee wise and just completely destroy you with TP moves (Kamlanaut, AAs come to mind.) It's at best a botting weapon if you don't have a way of making a rule that does 3000 TP ascetic's with AM3 down and 1000 TP other WS otherwise.
By anarkus 2014-06-27 02:24:08
Link | Citer | R

idk, in delve i can AM 3 easy that right, but mob die before am3 off, so you lost alot of potential since you run to next nm and need rebuid 300 tp, when a sam do 300 tp alot quicker than mnk.

Like i say in mega boss yes, mythic is really good and fun. In paper, glanzfaust rocks.

With update Ws and SC , nm in delve 1 die quicker than a colibri in 75 era lol.

For counter : Solo mob outside for xp and cp ^^.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-27 02:54:03
Link | Citer | R

AM3 is a joke to maintain in everything (skirmish 3 included, but slightly more annoying) unless you have brain damage.

Kogarasumaru doesn't "crush" it either, I was maybe 50-100 dps behind my own Koga in Yorcia (Wopket included) with Glanzfaust with the added benefit of way the *** more HP, mantra, and less TP feed for morta cause of subtle blow. Granted, this was before the WS buff so maybe that has changed.

I also see people mention Spharai's defensive skill as one of the main pros of it, but really when do you ever get to use counter? You can't counter any mob worth a damn due to their ironclad-type attacks, and things that you can counter do jack ***for damage melee wise and just completely destroy you with TP moves (Kamlanaut, AAs come to mind.) It's at best a botting weapon if you don't have a way of making a rule that does 3000 TP ascetic's with AM3 down and 1000 TP other WS otherwise.

Even before update, SAM should be further ahead than that. I have done Yorcia with MNK and SAM (though not at the same time obviously) and Koga is miles ahead on T2 T3 Wopket. This was before the update to WS/skillchain damage.

As others have said, AM3 is easy to maintain with a very minor loss in spreadsheet DPS, are people just telling themselves mythics aren't always best to comfort themselves for not having one?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-06-27 02:59:44
Link | Citer | R

maybe the difference was that i didn't use frailty on boss when i was on sam (i think i was using eva- for whatever reason?) but I had like 950 DPS on SAM and 880 on MNK.

also yes
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-27 04:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Post update its no contest, the last 40% of Wopket dies in SP2 duration using SP1 after 3 TP moves. I've had my skillchain damage do more than my damage.
By Highwynd 2014-06-27 07:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
idk, in delve i can AM 3 easy that right, but mob die before am3 off, so you lost alot of potential since you run to next nm and need rebuid 300 tp, when a sam do 300 tp alot quicker than mnk.

I know what you're saying and I can see this being annoying. Unless you have TP built from the mob before, in the time it takes you to build 300% from scratch, SAMs can and will get 4-5 Fudos off for 7-8k(not counting their 8-10k lights). The initial build to 300% is a pain for non SAM or DRGs.
By anarkus 2014-06-27 07:53:00
Link | Citer | R

exactly highwynd. Its from eyeball , i know its wrong but you feel so slow vs a koga sam doing AM3. That must biased my view of glanzfaust now.

But from mnk only point of view, i use mostly on event Glanzfaust(AM1 can be nice on VD fight if you miss some acc gear). Only time i use other weapon is solo trash mob
By Ophannus 2014-06-27 08:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah cuz even on a short fight, an oatixur mnk would get a 3 ws head start which can take a while to catch up to especially on a tier 1 or tier 2 Delve Nm which can die in fewer than the time it takes for you to get 300% and then 100% back up to do your first AM3'd victory smite.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-06-27 09:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Oh good Ophannus has waded in with another insightful and accurate comment, said nobody ever.

To the people continuing to cite the DPS loss from getting AM3 up in any situation other than killing a couple of trash mobs, give it a rest because you're wrong.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4