Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Rune Fencer Relic Quest Info
Rune Fencer Relic Quest Info
 Ragnarok.Masamonae
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Masamonae
By Ragnarok.Masamonae 2014-02-17 15:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Hey all, so I thought since I can't find info on the new RUN AF2 quests anywhere else at this point, maybe we can compile our findings here... so far here's what I know (which isn't much)...

To start the questline you must have 5/5 RUN AF equipped and speak to the hume Hestefa in the Celennia Memorial Library. After that she will give you a Key Item called: Futharkic Concepts in Flux.

Take that and speak to the door inside the Inventor's Coalition for another cutscene with a taru named Amchuchu. Amchuchu takes the KI you got from Hestefa and requests a "Strand of Ra'Kaznar Filament" from inside the new zone of Outer Ra'Kaznar. He mentions that if you find it, return to Yestin-Ovestin.

Head to Outer Ra'Kaznar and look for the "Meeting Point" at (M-6) of the first map (right inside the entrance behind a pillar). Get a CS and receive the Filament.

Head to the Inconspicuous barrel in Western Audolin to then select which piece of armor you'd like crafted (provided you bring what he requires).
[+]
 Bismarck.Demitrious
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Demitrius
By Bismarck.Demitrious 2014-02-20 11:43:05
Link | Citer | R

FYI this is a Relic set you are after in this quest.
By Daemythos 2014-02-23 15:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Whats weird, Is I went and got the KI from the meeting point in Outer Ra'Kaznar, I went to the Inconspicuous barrel and all there was, was a note saying don't ask me to make anything, go the hell away.

Is there a step in between getting the KI and the smith?
By cherelle 2014-02-27 00:11:28
Link | Citer | R

Daemythos said: »
Whats weird, Is I went and got the KI from the meeting point in Outer Ra'Kaznar, I went to the Inconspicuous barrel and all there was, was a note saying don't ask me to make anything, go the hell away.

Is there a step in between getting the KI and the smith?

check the KI you got ^^
 Shiva.Jirachi
Serveur: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-02-27 00:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, Thanks for that info, I had started GEO Relic but Couldn't find RUN Relic quest online, didn't think that short haired hume lady did RUN and GEO.
Also Amchuchu is a taru girl :P
 Bismarck.Sixo
user: sixo
By Bismarck.Sixo 2014-02-27 12:21:48
Link | Citer | R

Just a note, you do need to be on RUN to activate the cs at the meeting point but not at the inventors coalition.
By Daemythos 2014-02-27 14:39:02
Link | Citer | R

I was on RUN the whole time, had the right KI.

Only thing I could think of, was perhaps I had to wait a game day? As after I couldnt get the CS with the taru smith, I wondered off to help a friend.

Came back later to check, and go the CS.
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2014-03-03 01:17:50
Link | Citer | R

could someone post the required items for each peice of armor that he asks for?
 Asura.Sorlian
Serveur: Asura
user: Sorlian
By Asura.Sorlian 2014-03-06 02:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Head: Wootz Ingot +
Scintillant Ingot & Snowsteel OR 97k bayld & Rice Ball

Body: Wootz Ingot +
Ether Leather & Runeweave OR 97k Bayld & Sausage Roll

Hands: Wootz Ingot +
Holy Leather & Sparkstrand OR 97k Balyd & Rarab Tail

Legs: Wootz Ingot +
Holy Leather & Runewease OR 97k Balyd & Smoked Mackerel

Feet: Wootz Ingot +
Raaz Leather & Runeweave OR 97k & Roasted Corn
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-03-08 15:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Playing around with the Futhark Crown (NQ) to test the Enhanced Batutta effect, so far I've only noticed a boost to the spikes damage (looking like around 18% boost). Tested it against bees outside Adoulin, so I can't say if there's a boost in parry rate, I'll have to try it against Dynamis/SKCNM monks. I'm willing to wager that, like most other relic armor's boost to merits, the potency of this effect is based on the number of merits.

The Phalanx boost looks like an increase to the cap, but it's hard to say without taking fixed damage from something, haven't bothered to test it yet.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-08 17:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The Phalanx boost looks like an increase to the cap, but it's hard to say without taking fixed damage from something, haven't bothered to test it yet.
Went and did a few quick tests using 1000 needles. Looks to be directly added to the dmg-.

Had -33 at 463 skill. Added Futhark head(NQ) and got -37.

Also, just outta curiosity I checked how it interacts with Embolden. Looks like it adds the +4 after embolden. Got -53. So, (33*1.5)+4=53.
 Odin.Aerroenu
Serveur: Odin
user: Aerroenu
By Odin.Aerroenu 2014-03-09 18:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Correction:

Hands: Wootz Ingot +
Raaz Leather & Runeweave OR 97k & Roasted Corn

Feet: Wootz Ingot +
Holy Leather & Sparkstrand OR 97k Balyd & Rarab Tail

I got surprised when I traded. (^^;)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-03-10 15:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Tested out the pants. The Enhancing Magic Duration boost is +10%, not +10 seconds as I had hoped (for Foil and Regen IV's sake). Applies to spells you cast, but not spells cast on you by others. The Inspiration bonus seems to be an extra 2 Fast Cast per merit.

You only need to wear the pants upon using Vallation/Valiance to get the bonus. And of course, the extra FC extends to party members when you use Valiance.
By Erlayn 2014-04-06 17:11:03
Link | Citer | R

For some reason when I go to trade the items for the crown, the barrel won't accept the trade. I have every piece of gear but the crown. Am I doing something wrong?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-08 20:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Erlayn said: »
For some reason when I go to trade the items for the crown, the barrel won't accept the trade. I have every piece of gear but the crown. Am I doing something wrong?

Couple of days late, but try clicking on it a time or two and then trying again. For some reason, when I was exchanging relic, I had to interact with it once each time before I traded in materials.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Ginny
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ginny 2014-07-03 22:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Erlayn said: »

I seem to be having this issue with the head piece. I can examine the barrel, check the materials necessary, but any combination of checking and trading the necessary items isn't working.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-05 14:43:42
Link | Citer | R

A few days late to respond, sorry, but anyway whenever I have problems like that there are a few simple things to try:

1) Zoning
2) Waiting a game day
3) Relogging
4) Repeatedly checking the spot in case of other CS's

If all else fails, consider that you might have the wrong ingredients (I myself either misread or was given bad info on the feet materials). It's also possible that there may be a bug or conflict between activation of other quests or something weird like that.

There are, however, rare instances where something is seriously broken with the quest status. My brother's character can't advance in WotG missions because they simply won't give him a cutscene, even though we did the exact same things the whole time. If all else fails, report it to a GM.