Ideas about maybe a 4 hit build on SAM
First Page 2
 Asura.Mastterjt
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: mastterjt
By Asura.Mastterjt 2009-07-25 11:43:10
Link | Citer | R

I found myself just messing around with some numbers that I read on an old post from another site. The post claim that 118 store TP is needed to obtain a 4 hit build on a 450 delay weapon. I started to think if it were possible.
I have seen some other posts get some criticism when in the process of maxing out a specific stat others suffer. I know this build is low on quite a few stats(the thought of using Bushi cape and Attila earring is lame), the allure of 25% TP a swing is nothing but hawtness. I fully acknowledge this build may not be functional for a lot of situations. I also invite anyone to run the numbers and come up with their own ideas.
I also would like to ask how the TP return on a WS is calculated. I have seen some posts stat that the TP return is different, but couldn't find what this number is based on.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=98487
 Asura.Deth
user: Detsurin
By Asura.Deth 2009-07-25 11:50:54
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't work, it's impossible with a 450 delay. Store TP is capped at +100
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-07-25 12:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Ok Then use a Soboy
 Diabolos.Clocen
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Clocen
By Diabolos.Clocen 2009-07-25 12:18:04
Link | Citer | R

You need 93 Store Tp with 480 delay Gk like pachipachio to get 4 hit. That means you need 58 (with max merits) Store tp from gear full timed.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-25 12:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Even if it were possible, it wouldn't be worth the sacrifice of haste, atk, acc, STR, DEX, etc. you'd be missing out on to achieve that goal.
 Remora.Mitsurughy
Serveur: Remora
user: EnricO
By Remora.Mitsurughy 2009-07-25 12:30:44
Link | Citer | R

But with new augments you can get 5hit with 450 delay.
need total 74 STP.
do math:P that still awesome.

but you got to hit gight on augment storetp. and still...
 Asura.Mastterjt
By Asura.Mastterjt 2009-07-25 13:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Deth ty ty for replying! But, for the life of me I cannot find any known cap to store TP on any data base. Can you post a link to the source of your Store TP cap info? Thnx!
 Cerberus.Geldric
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-07-25 13:55:06
Link | Citer | R

1) Don't use Soboro. Even without a hagun, onimaru >> Soboro.
2) 6hit with Hagun produces better numbers then a 5hit with Rindomaru or pachi.
3) And a 4hit is just utterly *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Asura.Mastterjt
By Asura.Mastterjt 2009-07-25 22:16:06
Link | Citer | R

As a response to Geldric, I think for sure there exist situations that call for Soboro over Oni and Hagun, I have all three and I have them for reasons. Any thought on why 4 hit builds are "*** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE"?
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-07-25 22:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Theres not outside of /RNG but that shines almost nowhere since Polearm is better on Colibri where /RNG for some time was viable and in the Mire.

The 4hit build would require to fill in spots where you would normally have gear that is beneficial to you. IE: Haubergeon(+1) to Askar. In no way should you be using Askar outside of Amano. Black Tathlum/T.sting to White Tathlum; Pole Strap to Rose Grip, and other places where it would need to filled.

In the Setup you posted you realize you only have 6% Haste and your Accuracy isn't all that great either.
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-25 22:53:00
Link | Citer | R

i concur with what geldric said. soboro is nothing more then a mere toy, and a situational one at that. onimaru is a joke. as is shinsoku and pretty much this rindomaru crap seems to fit into the joke as well. sure it has what. an EPIC 2 more BASE DMG THEN HAGUN? lol even with this rumor'd "4" hit it still seems to me like if u have 2 sams with some great gear, this new weapon is still going to fall short, mainly due to the ever loving TP BONUS on hagun.. if anything id try to aug some haguns and hope they get sum STP on it or something. but then again i wont be doing anything because well, amano > all that rubbish.

All i see are people (at least on my server) trying to find ways around hagun because its been the raining champ outside of relic, and so many ppl find it too "Expensive / hard to aquire" (lol)
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-07-25 22:58:32
Link | Citer | R

*** KI Union invading ffxiah.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-25 23:01:34
Link | Citer | R

DAMN RIGHT!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-25 23:08:36
Link | Citer | R

The Rindomaru 5 hit setup is already going to make some risky sacrifices and is the topic of much buzz, a 4 hit outside of campaign is going to put too much change on gear.

Haste will be off the list and that's just too much to come to grips with to be considered useful.

It's a nice thought for weak/campaign mobs though.
 Asura.Mastterjt
By Asura.Mastterjt 2009-07-25 23:38:09
Link | Citer | R

These are all the responses I expected^^ I know this overload of store TP comes with huge consiquences, but hey this is all for the sake of doing something that hasn't been done before and trying what is possible. So has any one any information on the cap of Store TP from equipment/trait/merits?
 Cerberus.Geldric
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-07-26 00:03:30
Link | Citer | R

Will you be mad if I tell you a 5hit and 4hit have already been done and it hasn't come close to peoples expectations?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-26 00:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Geldric said:
Will you be mad if I tell you a 5hit and 4hit have already been done and it hasn't come close to peoples expectations?

While thats true the rindomaru just came out 3 days ago, a little fast to defend that notion when new data has yet to have been collected.

A rindomaru 5 hit setup with a few mix-match usukane pieces can be a potential threat.

But there is much testing to do for now. Someone managed to get a Rindomaru with WS Damage+7% on it. Pretty epic win.
 Asura.Mastterjt
By Asura.Mastterjt 2009-07-26 01:00:18
Link | Citer | R

I couldn't agree with you more Clinpachi! I never evern speculated this as a "Hagun Killer." Simply a let's push the max of what SAM has the potential to do! I also agree that it is far too soon to label a 4 hit build as too lame to even consider. I must point out you have to add +2% haste due to Champion's Galea and another +2% if you want to factor in speed belt instead of swift, but yeah you'd need some mobs with low evasion.
I also think it's way too soon to rule out a four hit set-up. hiting a possible 100% two swings early lets you WS 30% more often than a 6 hit. Bear in mind I didn't even begin to consider at what dmg or how haste factors in.
P.S. I think using rose grip (or some of the other new campaign equips) in campaign battle with SAM/DNC might lead to some fun times!
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-26 01:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Mastterjt said:
I couldn't agree with you more Clinpachi! I never evern speculated this as a "Hagun Killer." Simply a let's push the max of what SAM has the potential to do! I also agree that it is far too soon to label a 4 hit build as too lame to even consider. I must point out you have to add +2% haste due to Champion's Galea and another +2% if you want to factor in speed belt instead of swift, but yeah you'd need some mobs with low evasion.

You would unfortunately only factor in the 2% haste during WS, hopefully ace's helm or askar head for melee gear. The four hit build outside of campaign will unfortunately NOT be practical at all. As i mentioned before a 5 hit with rindomaru is already dismissing a few key pieces of gear as it is.

Don't be too quick to dismiss a hagun as top but don't be so on your high horse bandwagon to dismiss rindomaru as well.

Until complete testing is done with the best augmented rindomaru possible, we will not know for a few weeks more then likely.

I would do it myself but sadly college midterms are taking more time then i had hoped for this quarter.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-07-26 01:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Corsair samurai roll, go go
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-26 01:10:37
Link | Citer | R

Shamaya said:
Corsair samurai roll, go go

It's a decent thought, but on my server i rarely ever PT with a COR. Let alone a COR that knows wtf they are doing. I think porchetrev is the ONLY one so far i have partied with that didn't make me want to stab my eyes out.

I'm not so sure that a standard acceptable best case scenario rindomaru with appropriate gear could still land a 4 hit setup. Would still have to sacrifice more haste or ACC.

A lot of people are pissed there's so much discussion over this, but in a way this is really game changing for the SAM "Norm".
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-26 01:13:16
Link | Citer | R

ill dismiss rindooooooooomaruuuuuuuuuuu because well. amano ftw.

i see people talking about possible set ups, one dude has his gear hidden, other dude doesnt even appear to have kitty pants let alone any usukane. so uh. whos gonna test what?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-26 01:15:03
Link | Citer | R

Nightmarelord said:
ill dismiss rindooooooooomaruuuuuuuuuuu because well. amano ftw.

i see people talking about possible set ups, one dude has his gear hidden, other dude doesnt even appear to have kitty pants let alone any usukane. so uh. whos gonna test what?

That's part of the problem, so many ways to test, and people have yet to get some of the top of the line augments who even KNOW how to properly test.

And yeah, Amanomurakumo for the win over anything ever, i'm still stuck on stage 3. Blah.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-26 06:02:46
Link | Citer | R

Mastterjt said:
tl;dr: Is it possible to get a four-hit?

Without Samurai Roll (Carbonara in the ranged weapon slot):

With your build (swapped around weapon to 16 Store TP, hands to Hach. Kote +1, legs to Shinimusha Haidate),
User submitted image

so no.

But on the other hand, Futsuno Mitama:
User submitted image

...13.5 seconds to weapon skill is pretty amazing, but, considering you're giving up a mass amount of ACC/STR/ATK for it to work... yea, I'll stick with my 14.8 seconds to WS, but exceptionally good accuracy/STR/ATK ratings.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-26 06:07:41
Link | Citer | R

You want a 4-hit build? Use this.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-26 06:15:03
Link | Citer | R

that helps the original poster immensely, doesn't it
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-26 09:34:40
Link | Citer | R

Might wanna take note of his avatar.
 Asura.Mastterjt
By Asura.Mastterjt 2009-07-26 10:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Ironguy that's an awesome program! I appreciate you running the numbers. It seems that calculator caps store TP at +100. So I still have my question , is there a store TP +100 cap?

Blazza; I'm working on a cool new avitar to rival yours, but "Blue Steel", "Le Tigre" and "Ferrari" just wont keep up and "Magnum" is still too new to be perfected.
 Hades.Abdel
Serveur: Hades
user: Abdel
By Hades.Abdel 2009-07-26 10:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Ironguy,

Where can i get my hands on that calculator your using.
 Asura.Mastterjt
By Asura.Mastterjt 2009-07-26 10:55:06
Link | Citer | R

Something I noticed in reworking the math a little, the FFXIAH armor numbers give the Rose Grip +20 instead of +4 so a 4 hit build isn't possible unless in campaign with a delay 450 GK given current store TP gears.
First Page 2