[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-01-10 02:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Wonder if SE is capable of releasing another mob that can sit on the kind of throne AV/PW once sat upon.

(In PW's case, the throne his chair sat upon!)

SE is planning on making that kind of boss but not on ffxi.
I heard it will be the hardest MMO boss ever.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-01-10 03:09:51
Link | Citer | R

pchan said: »
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Yumcax is pretty rough. When new Delve comes out, Yumcax with a time limit might be pretty difficult.
People still tink delve will make a come back after the giant fail it was during summer lol. SE realized how ***the event was to players and released like 4 or 5 zones without any delve so... they wont expand delve in anyway.

Delve is great.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-10 05:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
SE is planning on making that kind of boss but not on ffxi.
I heard it will be the hardest MMO boss ever.
SE also claimed only 100 people would down twintania, only to have thousands do it. 14's battle system doesn't support truly challenging content, only annoying gimmicks that take a bit to figure out.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-01-10 08:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
pchan said: »
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Yumcax is pretty rough. When new Delve comes out, Yumcax with a time limit might be pretty difficult.
People still tink delve will make a come back after the giant fail it was during summer lol. SE realized how ***the event was to players and released like 4 or 5 zones without any delve so... they wont expand delve in anyway.

Delve is great.

This^^

Too much Q_Q'ng from ppl that can't get Delve clears or enjoy it. I wish each fracture was a different zone, but its still lots of fun
[+]
 Siren.Lidenbok
Serveur: Siren
user: Lidenbok
By Siren.Lidenbok 2014-01-10 09:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Yumcax and Kamhau 119 version should be fun, we also have the final Naakual to come yet.
By pchan 2014-01-10 09:59:11
Link | Citer | R

They gave up on delve when they realised that revamping a couple BC by simply increasing the mob stats and adding a treasure pool was enaugh to entertain a server for 2 months VS implementaing 5 new NMs in a new zone at the cost of annoying 90% of the server that hates alliance play.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-01-10 10:19:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah you can walk a mile in 90% of the server's' shoes.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-10 10:27:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty pessimistic on them ever releasing another delve zone. It would be nice, but I think we'll only see another outdoor zone and wildkeeper reive release at best.

I really dont miss waiting over an hour to get the right people and jobs to do a delve run, then we have to rep 1-2 people and 2-3 people have to now change/shuffle jobs and wait on that etc.

SE could have success with alliance play content if they make a SoA edition of Voidwatch and it drops new iLevel sidegrade gear/iLevel pulse armor/dross/plates/cinder/rme+reforge upgrade mats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-01-10 10:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Yes, thats what this game needs another round of Voidwatch mobs that only provide a challenge because you go with abunch of unreliables or the fact the drop rate is horrendous
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-10 10:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Its the only pug friendly content in this game that people still regularly do , its a good money maker in spite of the low rates on the metal/dross/cinder.
But I guess we can continue towards the trend of insular linkshells doing stuff with no outsiders, and soloists with 3 trust npcs everywhere if thats cool with everyone.

Wildkeeper reieve fails as large group content because it spawned a generation of stone spamming retard mages in skirmish gear that run all over the place and mpk people and has voidwatch style bad drop rates on what people want, and fights on yumcax and ice lion drag on forever.
Voidwatch was at least organized, you spammed x6 in a row at least in short order, and people had more focus roles to play in the fight.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2014-01-10 10:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Top ten hardest boss today
thought this was about pron :/
By Deadplaything 2014-01-10 11:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Tojil is not hard, Making stupid people not stupid is hard.
[+]
By Deadplaything 2014-01-10 11:09:10
Link | Citer | R

I would say kick it back some time a bit and think, more difficult than necessary monsters in the game. Apademek,Dungeon Fomors for those stupid white weapons, Pretty much every ZNM, Rani, oh remember back when AV was unbeatable without exploits. Let us not forget the history, I would say half of the time actually getting claim on the monsters was half the battle. They took that away though. Made everything instanced. I heard the Arch boss of Buburimu-Dynamis was tough. I am talking from what I remember before I left.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-01-10 11:10:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I'm pretty pessimistic on them ever releasing another delve zone. It would be nice, but I think we'll only see another outdoor zone and wildkeeper reive release at best.

I really dont miss waiting over an hour to get the right people and jobs to do a delve run, then we have to rep 1-2 people and 2-3 people have to now change/shuffle jobs and wait on that etc.

SE could have success with alliance play content if they make a SoA edition of Voidwatch and it drops new iLevel sidegrade gear/iLevel pulse armor/dross/plates/cinder/rme+reforge upgrade mats.

A "neo-voidwatch" would just have the same prob as the problem you moan about for delve - If they continue with the proc-ing system then you need your alliance to have a variety of jobs. If it is at all difficult chances are you'll have problems looking for that ochain pld, or schs etc. It's just the nature of remotely strategical alliance fights.

It is only pug friendly now because we can pretty much kill them with a poke using SoA gear. If they make a SoA version, it'll be more like PW runs before SoA. heck even getting through the Tavnazia route was hell-ish with PUGs @_@;
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-10 11:21:56
Link | Citer | R

They would just need to have the voidwatch initiator choose the difficulty level similar to how the AA battles are (to govern difficulty and drop rates), + relax the proc system (Done plenty of 6man qilin and capped lights without much fuss) and it wouldnt really be a problem.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-01-10 11:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

A "neo-voidwatch" would just have the same prob as the problem you moan about for delve - If they continue with the proc-ing system then you need your alliance to have a variety of jobs. If it is at all difficult chances are you'll have problems looking for that ochain pld, or schs etc. It's just the nature of remotely strategical alliance fights.

It is only pug friendly now because we can pretty much kill them with a poke using SoA gear. If they make a SoA version, it'll be more like PW runs before SoA. heck even getting through the Tavnazia route was hell-ish with PUGs @_@;

I'm still having nightmares about the chairguy, but I think he was the ToAU route.
By Deadplaything 2014-01-10 13:07:52
Link | Citer | R

I prefer fights in 14 that have phases you have to buckle down on to get by and not just chainspell o hundred fists.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-10 13:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Delve is fun :X
 Ramuh.Kailana
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-01-10 18:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, don't get the hate for delve. I've cleared all 3 since coming back and really enjoy it. Still waiting for a delve Hurkan/Yumcax/Kumhau. Told they were coming. PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR TREE DELVE HELL :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2014-01-11 02:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Any Abyssea nm make the list? Pandy warden still?

Everything in Aby is a joke with current gear, and Panda Warden is an easy 3-man job these days.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-11 02:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Well they already have three Delve capable zones, Marjami Ravine, Yorcia Weald and Kamihr Drifts. All the fracture fights are in Cirdas Caverns (U) anyway which has plenty of space to create new hallways. There are still several iLevel 119 KI weapons and armor missing along with some 117 crafted ones. I expect us to get another installment of Delve within the next few months covering the three additional WKR's released. I believe SE just put a pause on it due to the introduction of the iLevel system and them trying to re-balance things and make it more casual friendly (RoE / SKCNM / AA fights).
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-11 02:49:24
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Wonder if SE is capable of releasing another mob that can sit on the kind of throne AV/PW once sat upon.

(In PW's case, the throne his chair sat upon!)

I hope not. Those boss's were designed to never be beatable, the only way players beat AV was through glitching it's AI or abusing certain game mechanics that SE later patched. PW had essentially infinite HP and wasn't possible to beat no matter what you did, thus the 18+ hour fight that made people sick. NM's that have god mode turned on are not difficult, they are fake difficulty and gamers hate them.

I make a NM with the following,

Quote:
5,000,000 HP
5,000 Attack
5,000 Defense
5,000 Evasion
5,000 Magic Evasion
400 VIT
400 STR
400 AGI
400 MND
400 INT
400 CHR
500 MAB
500 MDB
99.75% PDT
99.75% MDT
99.75% BDT
100% QA rate
Base DMG rating of 2000
Melee attacks are 20 foot aoe stun, paralyze, weakness and 5-count doom
Rages after 60m and CS's Meteor II under all active enmity targets are dead

There you go, have fun with your new and improved unbeatable NM. All the cool players can talk about strategies and other mechanics, probably attempt a few kiting + RNG setups. Experienced gamers will take notice after watching a few fights and label it fake difficulty. SE mind as well set the god mode bit to 1.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-11 06:55:36
Link | Citer | R

In the case of AV(post-SE nerf), I would agree with you as his difficulty was pretty ridiculous. PW though, was beatable, and I believe there was a instance were it was beaten. It took extreme levels of coordination, organization, and player skill though. Which is what these kind of mobs were audience to, the very best XI has to offer.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-11 07:00:13
Link | Citer | R

You "believe there was an instance"? If there was it was probably only done by exploiting the game mechanics in someway. Do you have proof that it was beaten before the nerf?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-11 07:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Before the nerf? what are you talking about.

I say believe, as this was done years ago and any proof may be buried in the sands of time. I'll have a look though.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-11 07:09:21
Link | Citer | R

It was first defeated by Apathy. I remember it clearly because it was streamed live and many watched it.

If it was defeated before then, it would have been announced by SquareEnix and the playerbase.

Absolute Virtue was defeated a number of times in its original form but only by using pure exploits and a lot of players got banned for doing so. I remember seeing a guy with a Mars Ring and was blown away as I had never seen it. That player was never to be seen again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-11 07:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Apathy was the linkshell I had in mind, which you already knew about apparently. It's been awhile, so my memory of their strategy isn't clear. For you to reply to my post the way you did, I take it they used an exploit? The nerf you mention though, I have never heard about, unless you're referring to SE simply adjusting the battle time, making it forcefully despawn after 2hours of battle. But that hardly sounds like any nerf.