Ninjas (Where Are They Now)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninjas (Where are they now)
Ninjas (Where are they now)
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-12-14 04:24:07
Link | Citer | R

you guys have poor taste in ninjas

totally awesome, dies in 2 hits just like the XI ninjas
[+]
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-14 04:29:07
Link | Citer | R

What you know bout dem ninja pirates?
Maybe SE can at least give his parrot a cracker.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-14 08:07:21
Link | Citer | R

So happy Ninja is dead and buried. Actually forgot it existed till I saw this thread.

P.S: Ninja pretty much died soon as the game moved out from abyssea spotlight. God bless that day.
[+]
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-14 10:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Wonder how many of his bosses hes blown up on . . .
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-14 11:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Sports!
 Valefor.Megatron
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Megatron 2013-12-14 11:28:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-12-14 12:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Ninja is more fun than any other tank in any game that I've played. It was, at one time, more responsible for its own survival than most tanks ever manage to be, but SE crossed a point where too many movies wiped shadows.

Two things, I think they should consider for nin-main shadows.

An aoe that takes a shadow is %-lessened by each shadow taken. Maybe 15%? On some fights, some bosses, you'd use ichi or ni to mitigate huge super-oneshot damage, especially raid-wide big damage like Meteor. Ichi before the cast and Ni immediately after.

Or, perhaps, and I don't like this as much, aoe's do damage through shadows but don't eat them.

One thing that makes pld so much more survivable is after taking a big hit, if something actually manages to do big damage to a PLD, Ochain PLD can expect to block the next hit, and reduce most of the damage. Ninja cannot expect to evade the next hit, and so the best solution is pre-casting shadows so that the shadows cast after the spell goes off but before the next swing timer, or far enough before it so that if the swing connects, it doesn't interrupt.

Of course, all this pretends that enmity is working.

In pre-Aegischain days, it would be broken to give either buff to Ninja and not to /nin, but the difference in power between a PLD and Nin is that far now, in PLD's favor.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-12-15 16:03:06
Link | Citer | R

The problem right now is that NIN is this awful in-between of being not as good a soloist as the other soloists (BLU, DNC, RDM, BST, PUP) not being as good a tank (MNK/WAR/etc DPS-tanks or PLD holding-tank), and not as good a DPS as any of the other one-handers (THF, DNC, BLU), so it's just mediocre at everything. The most unique thing it has is high attack speed when alone (higher than a BLU Wailing himself), so that probably translates out to the fastest solo killer (Dunno how it competes with a DNC running Sabre Dance though).

If they want NINs to be filling the same sort of role that PLDs are filling they need to add something that breaks the evasion barrier and gives so much evasion it practically autocaps you on everything, basically the Ochain of evasion. Attach it to Kannagi and watch Riftborn Boulders skyrocket in price I guess?

Magical end can maybe be made up for by a Ninja casting Migawari. Add in Migawari: Ni if you're feeling generous I guess (though Ichi would probably suffice if you're hasted up anyway).

I'd adjust the DPS end of NIN by removing the directional requirement of Innin (remove the enmity penalty with it maybe since it loses its function).

Trait-wise it'd be nice if they gave NIN low tiers of traits from other jobs since that seems to be what they're doing with the job in general. Low tiers of accuracy bonus/evasion bonus/crit. damage bonus/Inquartata/Store TP, maybe even DA or TA would all be helpful. Wouldn't mind losing Magic Burst Bonus for one of those, seriously, I don't wtf they were thinking when they added that to NIN.
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2013-12-21 17:56:45
Link | Citer | R

elemental wheel
[+]
By dragonfate 2013-12-25 08:12:52
Link | Citer | R

Ninja's are still here but just like SMN no one knows how to realy how to work Ninja. Ninja is not a tank SE never made that job that way so yess the old way of the Ninja is dead but not Ninja's them self's Ninja's are DPS no tank's like PLD SAM and RUN SE made thos job's as tanks. Ninja's are there with DNC THF BRD as non mage DPS
 Asura.Echandra
Serveur: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-12-25 08:33:50
Link | Citer | R

what we need....are some good throwing ninjas around here! I enjoyed playing ninja, but it seems like the only reason I get on it now is if I need to go to aby and need the wide range of proc nin offers. Sad, as I really have enjoyed it over the years, and I haven't even looked at new gear for it in ages because -inv and time devoted to other projects.

SE also really needs to look at the durations of the new SPs too. I was trying to test the new SP for nin since I wsa in aby and could just blue chest reset it as needed, and it seemed to wear off so fast it didn't really get to try much lol.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-25 10:46:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Echandra said: »
what we need....are some good throwing ninjas around here! I enjoyed playing ninja, but it seems like the only reason I get on it now is if I need to go to aby and need the wide range of proc nin offers. Sad, as I really have enjoyed it over the years, and I haven't even looked at new gear for it in ages because -inv and time devoted to other projects.

SE also really needs to look at the durations of the new SPs too. I was trying to test the new SP for nin since I wsa in aby and could just blue chest reset it as needed, and it seemed to wear off so fast it didn't really get to try much lol.

Without any throwing WS or accessible and stackable shurikens, throwing ninja's are about as useful for DPS as a melee WHM.

Nin's advantage has always been high attack speed, damage mitigation, low TP feed. In current content, everything eats shadows or can't be evaded, everyone has double marches all the time, and TP feed is irrelevant. NIN is useless for current endgame, it's not what's wrong with the job, it's what's wrong with the content.
[+]
By Lishje 2013-12-25 11:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Ninja has been really great for doing ark angel fights recently, if not only because of the pre-toau aoe vrs shadow mechanics, and having access to 5/4 shadows too.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-25 11:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Lishje said: »
Ninja has been really great for doing ark angel fights recently, if not only because of the pre-toau aoe vrs shadow mechanics, and having access to 5/4 shadows too.

And the crazy amount of fastcast/haste gear available to them now. 3/4 shadows with nothing but ebon head and loq. ear for fastcast would render NIN unable to hide behind shadows at this point. And to be fair, Migawari used correctly is an amazing tool for those kinds of battlefields.
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-28 09:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Stop murdering this thread with words... the memes made this thread worthwhile.....
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-28 09:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Camiie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-12-28 10:06:03
Link | Citer | R

By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-29 03:49:26
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
piggyback!
 Bahamut.Megrim
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2013-12-29 06:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Just to add a lil fuel to the fire you know that anything that didnt wipe shadows a good WAR/NIN or PLD/NIN could tank easier than a ninja just putting it out there.

By dragonfate 2013-12-30 15:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Megrim said: »

Just to add a lil fuel to the fire you know that anything that didnt wipe shadows a good WAR/NIN or PLD/NIN could tank easier than a ninja just putting it out there.

Well ya thats becuse nin is NOT a TANK it was never memt to be a tank like Sam pld and run are and WAR can be a take or a DD but if you guy want to sub nin well have fun.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-12-30 16:00:37
Link | Citer | R

This thread has gotten off topic and spammy.

Ito jōmae no jutsu!

/bow