Records Of Eminence Is Awesome!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Records of Eminence is awesome!
Records of Eminence is awesome!
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-12-13 01:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Good stuff, I love this system. If anyone in the windower community isn't thinking it they should, auto-assigning appropriate objectives to be activated as you zone into an appropriate zone.

Just sayin.
[+]
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 01:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Hrm Not sure that's something windower would be capable of, and that seems a little more invasive than the usual usage of it. I mean it would be cool, but...
 Siren.Stunx
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-12-13 01:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
Hrm Not sure that's something windower would be capable of, and that seems a little more invasive than the usual usage of it. I mean it would be cool, but...

there is a windower plugin that does auto-changing job for you gear wise from your sack/satchel with no menus up as you run around and or go into npc menus/dialogue.. which seems a little more "invasive" than this idea.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-12-13 02:02:28
Link | Citer | R

any guides yet on this?
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-12-13 02:18:20
Link | Citer | R

yea, your quest log >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-12-13 02:27:44
Link | Citer | R

I think aside from having the general combat ones always active I will keep the crystals all activated as well. Trickle the points in no matter where I am, nice thing is the crystal just has to show up in loot to count! Still have 7 slots to use with all crystals active, which is cool. I feel like they did so much right with this one, this is what FoV/GoV should have been from day 1 imho.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-12-13 02:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I think aside from having the general combat ones always active I will keep the crystals all activated as well. Trickle the points in no matter where I am, nice thing is the crystal just has to show up in loot to count! Still have 7 slots to use with all crystals active, which is cool. I feel like they did so much right with this one, this is what FoV/GoV should have been from day 1 imho.

doing fov/gov is also a quest!

but yea adding the ones u said + wkr are what i keep on.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 03:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Stunx said: »

there is a windower plugin that does auto-changing job for you gear wise from your sack/satchel with no menus up as you run around and or go into npc menus/dialogue.. which seems a little more "invasive" than this idea.

Hrm didn't know that, most I really utilize is spellcast an the guildwork plugin.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-13 03:54:11
Link | Citer | R

It's (most likely) entirely possible for someone to do this through Lua. I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to, but it's probably possible.

There are a few more worthwhile things that may end up being done though ("NEW CHALLENGE" suppression, better progress tracking, etc.).
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 04:10:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
It's (most likely) entirely possible for someone to do this through Lua. I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to, but it's probably possible.

There are a few more worthwhile things that may end up being done though ("NEW CHALLENGE" suppression, better progress tracking, etc.).

True, I know with LUA someone was able to code a Puppet plugin for Spellcast so that it would load a spellcast set (via the /sc set NAME command) if my automaton was nuking or performing a WS. So I would be able to make a small set to equip a cape or any other magic-based automaton benefit to it when it nuked.

Was actually able to modify it a little to silence the announcement everytime it was swaping gear (I don't know LUA that well, but I do some coding in other languages).
By minikomby 2013-12-13 17:02:41
Link | Citer | R

anyone know exactly which records give REM cases? i know so far healing I and probably damage 1 too
 Valefor.Sevarb
Serveur: Valefor
user: sevarb
By Valefor.Sevarb 2013-12-13 17:09:27
Link | Citer | R

500 kills gives pluton case
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-13 18:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sevarb said: »

I think it's random on your prize, it gave you pluton case, might give someone else a boulder case, might give me a copper voucher. etc.
 Shiva.Siral
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-12-13 18:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sevarb said: »

I think it's random on your prize, it gave you pluton case, might give someone else a boulder case, might give me a copper voucher. etc.

Vanquish Multipe Enemies II (500 Kills) Gives pluton case.

Total Damage I Gives Beitetsu Parcel.

Total Damage Taken I Gives Boulder Case.

It's static for everyone. That's why Beitetsu/Boulders have tanked because the objective is super easy to do. Pluton fell a tad but it's much more involved to get the pluton case.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-14 05:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Looks like the Temp quests aren't just kill 20 x. Just got one for getting 5 Beastmen or Kindred Seals. Says seals so I'm not sure if crests count.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-12-14 05:23:53
Link | Citer | R

They did the best they could to streamline the amount of menus you have to flip through, but they still have the bad habit of making it default to yes/no in all the wrong places. I guess they want to prevent people from accidentally canceling half-done objectives but other games would have a hotkey for you to automatically list/unlist stuff to avoid that.

For those of you that are back from a break for the free period, I would recommend checking the options under Config > Windows > Window Effect, it removes that awkward thing that XI always had where you are trying to get through menus quickly but it was still doing the dumb animation.
By Sonja 2013-12-14 07:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone successfully do the "Spoils (Seals)" temp quest?
It's description says "Obtain the requisite number of either beastmen's seals or kindred's seals as a reward from battle", but I seem to be only getting credit for beastmen's seals...
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-14 07:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Sonja said: »
Did anyone successfully do the "Spoils (Seals)" temp quest?
It's description says "Obtain the requisite number of either beastmen's seals or kindred's seals as a reward from battle", but I seem to be only getting credit for beastmen's seals...

I did it via Monstrosity in Bub peninsula.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Serveur: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2013-12-14 07:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I believe it says Beatmen's seals. gotta love typos. But yeah, kindred's seals weren't counting for me.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-14 07:58:16
Link | Citer | R

The few times I was paying attention after completing it for the repeat rewards, I noticed I got credit from a Kindred's Crest.
By Sonja 2013-12-14 09:33:06
Link | Citer | R

I was only able to complete it once and it only counted beastmen's seals
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2013-12-14 09:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone completed the level sync vanquish?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-12-14 10:05:47
Link | Citer | R

yeah fiasko i think it gave me a voucher if im not mistaken
 Bahamut.Aena
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Aena 2013-12-14 10:18:19
Link | Citer | R

@Fiasko,
Just finished it, didn't get any items from it.
 Garuda.Lilianna
Serveur: Garuda
user: Lilianna
By Garuda.Lilianna 2013-12-14 18:42:53
Link | Citer | R

are there more quests to do after the teleport one? I'm sitting at 75 completions (could get more feasibly... maybe 80 easy enough), and I don't know what to do in the system any more :x
 Leviathan.Dwb
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-12-14 19:27:58
Link | Citer | R

An onscreen quest tracker would be kinda cool
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-12-15 16:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Do I need to speak to NPC's to open up more quest lines? Or just get more first time completions? or are there ones that show up in certain areas?
By cervelo84 2013-12-16 08:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Vanquish 500 mobs gave me a pluton case, got 6 Rem chapters for the +1 gear so far.. 6 x 15000 points... hmmm
First Page 2