Market Board

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » market board
market board
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-10-26 15:27:21
Link | Citer | R

does anyone here think this idea of selling stuff is good? I post item only to come back 5 min. later to see 10 people undercut me ??? or do yall think ffxi had the better ah system?
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-10-26 16:27:36
Link | Citer | R

I haven't had much problem with that personally... Not being able to buy in singles is much more irritating to me.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-10-26 16:35:47
Link | Citer | R

I believe FFXIs AH system is superior in a few ways, and worse in others.

Pros:
  • Being able to purchase between singles and stacks

• The anonymity of seller's prices, which helps stabilize prices based on their most recent successful bid instead if the most recent asking price.

• Able to look up prices online from your browser, as well as the history and trend of an item

• Doesn't restart the timer of how long an item is up for after you check your sales status, though this could be a con to others. I just find myself leaving an item on my retainer in XIV for a few days unaware that the price has dropped to the point where no one would purchase the item for the price I have it up for.

Cons:
  • Limited to 7 slots to sell items on each character, system limitation

• Less sorting options for the AH itself

• No quick search option

• Doesn't combine bazaars and the AH together making it easier to find what you want

• Takes tax from you regardless if your item sells or not

• Hides the price of an item, so it wastes the buyers time trying to "find" the sellers price. Example: Seller puts up an item for 37k when it usually sells for 17k

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-10-28 19:24:22
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
Pros:
1,Being able to purchase between singles and stacks
2,The anonymity of seller's prices, which helps stabilize prices based on their most recent successful bid instead if the most recent asking price.
3,Able to look up prices online from your browser, as well as the history and trend of an item
4,Doesn't restart the timer of how long an item is up for after you check your sales status, though this could be a con to others. I just find myself leaving an item on my retainer in XIV for a few days unaware that the price has dropped to the point where no one would purchase the item for the price I have it up for.
Cons:
A,Limited to 7 slots to sell items on each character, system limitation
B,Less sorting options for the AH itself
C,No quick search option
D,Doesn't combine bazaars and the AH together making it easier to find what you want
E,Takes tax from you regardless if your item sells or not
F,Hides the price of an item, so it wastes the buyers time trying to "find" the sellers price. Example: Seller puts up an item for 37k when it usually sells for 17k

In order:
1, Many in VIV divide stacks and with 2 retainers there are slots to do this. More sensible would to alow us to buy parts of stacks.
2 and F are interrelated.
3 and D are NOT features of FFXI. They are features of FFXIAH.com
E, XIV charges both the buyer and seller fees.

But my big gripe about the FFXIV market boards is with the fools who see "Sells for X" and lists it at that price never realizing thet they could sell it to NPCs for that.

That "feature" drags prices down.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-10-29 12:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
3 and D are NOT features of FFXI. They are features of FFXIAH.com
I'm saying 14's system combines the 2 so you don't have to go searching.

And that's the point, even if the game doesn't support it, if a community site does it still counts for me.