Voidwatch Dead?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » voidwatch dead?
voidwatch dead?
First Page 2
By worstplayer 2013-10-22 17:24:52
Link | Citer | R

I know everyone wants delve/skirmish, but anyone out there on my server that still needs VW clears/drops. is always the same, new content comes and old content dies out, however, for some ppl, either cos their a completionist, want particular drops for specific builds ie; stun scholar, some stuff is still needed. I been /yelling off and on for a month now for jeuno T1-T6 clear group, but not one tell. I only have sandy/windy/bastok t1-t4 clear done. anyone interested on trying to put a group together, /tell sisay in game evenings GMT+1. Never set up a vw group before so dunno best setup so any advice useful. Am on Cerberus server. Thanks for any tips.
 Leviathan.Alvar
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Alvar1
By Leviathan.Alvar 2013-10-22 18:47:03
Link | Citer | R

Bump. I hope someone sends you a tell. I hope you get the voidwatch runs you want to complete. Good luck and have fun :D!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-22 18:55:21
Link | Citer | R

Those can all be 2~4 manned pretty easily along Jeuno path (Some soloable.) Just fyi so you aren't shouting for a full alliance.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2013-10-22 19:02:20
Link | Citer | R

What jobs or setup would you say Solo or Low man those? Give the player a little help if ya can.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-10-22 20:55:02
Link | Citer | R

I've been like 130 plates and 18 cinders away from my 99 Daurdabla for like weeks - Every time I shout for Morta or Uptala does not fill at all. Yes, it is dead.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-10-22 21:01:43
Link | Citer | R

There are Japanese shouts for VW almost every day on Shiva (and this is not a very active server). I see Morta most often, but Uptala is still farmed occasionally. I think I might've even seen an English Kaggen shout earlier...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-10-22 21:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
There are Japanese shouts for VW almost every day on Shiva (and this is not a very active server). I see Morta most often, but Uptala is still farmed occasionally. I think I might've even seen an English Kaggen shout earlier...
Lak sucks then. Lol
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-10-22 21:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Sisay my advice is to try lowman the times when you shout don't fit our server all that great
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-10-22 21:30:16
Link | Citer | R

has been a small resurgence in vw on cerberus but its morta bismarck qilin uptala radiance only if you ever see Mao shout she is really good about putting together a group and will always welcome new people
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-22 22:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Before SoA even, me and a couple friends would trio pretty much anything up to jeuno T4 with WHM/BLM/WAR with capped lights just about everytime. I can't imagine how easy it would be for 5 or 6 people to tear down Uptala.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-22 23:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
What jobs or setup would you say Solo or Low man those? Give the player a little help if ya can.

BLM/RDM
WHM/DRK
BLU/NIN
BRD/SCH

That should be fine if you wanna cap lights on most of them for KI. WHM can help stun ws/spell with /drk and should be able to land absorbs with macc update. This is assuming you have up to date delve gear. If not then you might wanna add another DD or go MNK if your BLU isn't up to par. BLM should be able to deal respectable dmg now also to speed it up after capped lights. Make sure BLM has capped fast cast to knock the proc out quickly. BRD can be two song as well.

On the higher level fights you will want another DD and probably a PLD if it has adds. Make the PLD sub nin in that case. We regularly 6 manned NMs like Morta with MNK/WAR MNK/WAR PLD/NIN WHM/BLM(Would sub drk now) BRD/SCH BLM/RDM. Some of these mobs can be soloed by a few jobs, can't specifically mention all that are able to but I know I have personally soloed things like Akvan, Celeano and Stachysaurs on BLU.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2013-10-22 23:14:15
Link | Citer | R

Kewl, helps a lot draylo.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-10-22 23:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
I've been like 130 plates and 18 cinders away from my 99 Daurdabla for like weeks - Every time I shout for Morta or Uptala does not fill at all. Yes, it is dead.

Go without 18 for dross and cinder?

I would go personally. Not like there are many other shouts.
Fill meaning the proper jobs to kill it - not having 18 lol. Uptala can get by with like 6 or 7 - Morta need like 10 if you want procs. Can't even get that sadly.

Draylo's setup for Uptala you can do same with Morta - odd setups but they work lol. Morta for the bare minimum no weaks i'd say need WHM BRD MNK MNK PLD (adds) BLM NIN for procs...thats barely having any dd procs..BLU SMN great to have too
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-23 00:05:37
Link | Citer | R

We actually do Morta as 6 man, that was before Skirmish 2 as well. Fairly quick fight but it depends on the procs you get. We went MNK/WAR MNK/WAR so if it was BLU we didn't have it. You could put a BLU instead of MNK tho and use the setup I posted above.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-23 00:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Melee procs primarily buff blue light, you don't really need them. You can effectively farm the gear with the setups listed earlier. The real problem with voidwatch is that plates/cinders are scaled for 18. Assuming 6man uptala, average pouch of 9 plates, you'd need to kill 463 uptalas to get one person's 1500. I wonder if SE has anything planned for that in november update, as is it's not even a matter of time or ability but one of stone limitation. A character started the day VW was created that's got all the key items using only voiddust has less than half of the stones a 90-95 upgrade would need.
 Bahamut.Havelock
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-10-23 03:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Melee procs primarily buff blue light, you don't really need them. You can effectively farm the gear with the setups listed earlier. The real problem with voidwatch is that plates/cinders are scaled for 18. Assuming 6man uptala, average pouch of 9 plates, you'd need to kill 463 uptalas to get one person's 1500. I wonder if SE has anything planned for that in november update, as is it's not even a matter of time or ability but one of stone limitation. A character started the day VW was created that's got all the key items using only voiddust has less than half of the stones a 90-95 upgrade would need.

I cant remember if VW stones are re-calculated everytime you get reduction (as it was in Abyss) but assumming they are you should have 2155 stones by now.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2013-10-23 04:59:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm after cinders/HMP, so if you ever do any that may drop them hit me up~
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-23 05:04:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

BLM/RDM
WHM/DRK
BLU/NIN
BRD/SCH

That should be fine if you wanna cap lights on most of them for KI. WHM can help stun ws/spell with /drk and should be able to land absorbs with macc update. This is assuming you have up to date delve gear. If not then you might wanna add another DD or go MNK if your BLU isn't up to par. BLM should be able to deal respectable dmg now also to speed it up after capped lights. Make sure BLM has capped fast cast to knock the proc out quickly. BRD can be two song as well.

On the higher level fights you will want another DD and probably a PLD if it has adds. Make the PLD sub nin in that case. We regularly 6 manned NMs like Morta with MNK/WAR MNK/WAR PLD/NIN WHM/BLM(Would sub drk now) BRD/SCH BLM/RDM. Some of these mobs can be soloed by a few jobs, can't specifically mention all that are able to but I know I have personally soloed things like Akvan, Celeano and Stachysaurs on BLU.

you solo'd Akvan.......... ? DANG

It is been forever since I VW then..... if ***is Solable now :(

anyhow this does help, I Will try to low man VW with LS (They all need Clears............... from Tier 1 Bastok Windy Sandy ~> jeuno T6 and all others)

Ty Bro/sis this helped alot.
By worstplayer 2013-10-23 15:17:02
Link | Citer | R

thanks for all the help/advice, will try to give lowman a shot, maybe try form a static clear group, start from fresh. kudos to ya'll
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-23 16:43:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »

BLM/RDM
WHM/DRK
BLU/NIN
BRD/SCH

you solo'd Akvan.......... ? DANG

It is been forever since I VW then..... if ***is Solable now :(

anyhow this does help, I Will try to low man VW with LS (They all need Clears............... from Tier 1 Bastok Windy Sandy ~> jeuno T6 and all others)

Ty Bro/sis this helped alot.

people were soloing T5's before SoA, it's possible, just very inefficient for farming.
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Serveur: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-11-03 17:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Anyone thinking the rme and Voidwatch tweaks tomorrow might help? 600hmp/57cinders from vere99 and hoping people might want to finish empys if vw gets easier to lowman.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-03 17:34:45
Link | Citer | R

VW is already easy to low man, you can 6 man practically all of it.
By Spiraboo 2013-11-03 17:35:19
Link | Citer | R

I ran 3 sets of uptala on saturday and they were all full alliance. So You probably don't have to low man it now, people are interested again.

Uptala is quite easy to low man anyway, 2 DDs are all you need, you just need a few mages to proc etc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Toknherb
user: Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-28 13:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys, I've got a question here for some help in voidwatch. I'm trying to finish this off here for these quests and i'm having trouble. I was able to low-man quite a few of these with only 2 or 3 people, i'm still not to a tier that i can shout and get any amount of people. I'm wondering if someone knows a good strategy or trick to beating Laidly Laurence keep getting total wipe here... Any advice would be greatly appreciated i would like to finish this quest-line asap. Thanks in advance.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-28 13:35:20
Link | Citer | R

have you tried using the weakeners on it? They're like 20k a piece and you can use up to 5 of them, it would probably take the bite out of the aoe drain move (which iirc you need a certain amount of people/pets to help divide the damage)
[+]
 Cerberus.Toknherb
user: Toknherb
By Cerberus.Toknherb 2014-01-28 13:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know if you actually have to get the 100% white for upgrading the abyssite or can i just go in there and use the phase displacers and kill it instantly?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-28 14:12:01
Link | Citer | R

no only for ki, but there is only one ki for the tier so get white on one of the other mobs and just smash the worm. have a nin tank it with migawari and fools drink.
 Lakshmi.Snozeberry
user: Toioiz
By Lakshmi.Snozeberry 2014-01-28 14:12:01
Link | Citer | R

You can just kill it. I've solo'd all 3 cities on Monk Tier1-4 to get my upgrades for emp ws quest.
First Page 2