First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-06-28 19:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Smokingjoe said: »
I feel dumb... been playing the beta, when it's available, for the past 2 weekends.... and still havent figured out how to chat with people.

Anybody able to help me with this?

Also, are we able to use a USB keyboard or PS3 chatpad with the game? I remember having a USB keyboard for FFXI on PS2, but sadly it broke. Not sure if I should get another one for FFXIV or not. My current comp wont run XIV, so am locked into PS3 for the time being.

Yes, you can use a USB keyboard with PS3.

And pretty much the same chat commands as ffxi, /p = party, etc.
[+]
By Smokingjoe 2013-06-28 19:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Smokingjoe said: »
I feel dumb... been playing the beta, when it's available, for the past 2 weekends.... and still havent figured out how to chat with people.

Anybody able to help me with this?

Also, are we able to use a USB keyboard or PS3 chatpad with the game? I remember having a USB keyboard for FFXI on PS2, but sadly it broke. Not sure if I should get another one for FFXIV or not. My current comp wont run XIV, so am locked into PS3 for the time being.

Yes, you can use a USB keyboard with PS3.

And pretty much the same chat commands as ffxi, /p = party, etc.

Perfect, thank you very much!
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-06-28 20:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Keyboards, mouse, even a select number of USB printers do work with the PS3.
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-29 09:44:48
Link | Citer | R

If you don't have a keyboard or are too lazy to hook one up like me you can still chat. You have to [select] til your arrow is on the chat box and then hit Triangle to open up the onscreen keyboard..hit start when your done and then whatever then X (?) to enter it in the chatbox. It just takes an eternity to type that way.

Also, I played half the night last night and I feel behind everybody else but I finally got to do the tour of the starting zones. I got all teary eye'd when this was on the airship ride
YouTube Video Placeholder

Limsa Lominsa(?) is probably my favorite areas..I actually stopped and got a Marauder and leveled it to 10. All the outside zones near it are alot of fun. I did alot of exploring of the zones I could that weren't housing like..lvl30 monsters.

I got to Ul'da before I went to bed..the noob zones outside are obnoxious but the city itself has beautiful music wtf!

and I just learned that if I had spent the time leveling my 17ARC to 20 that there is an apparently a NPC that will automatically level your other jobs to 15...:( poopies

ah well..I'm having fun mixing other class abilities with my archer.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-29 17:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Just did satosha..first pt experience in 14 arr Wooooooooo
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-29 22:31:37
Link | Citer | R

ok so..I just did another group mission thing and the first 2 in the main quest went smooth and easy and this last one with a pick up group was almost horrible..except we won. I don't know how that happened.

For one thing it seemed like me and the healer had the hate the majority of the time..I wish I could see a chat log of what skills people are using and what they are doing like in 11 >.> like if you screwed up people would be all like "umm..excuse me..what are you doing" but in this game I can't tell! Is there something I need to turn on?

also, is it possible to throw potions at your party members? if not..then is it possible for me to use my dinky cure spell on other pt members..keep in mind I'm an ARC and just have the cure subability..

Also, I kept winning lots on gear and it is really hard to stop what you're doing and equip gear when in a battlefield.

and I don't know how to put up a party flag T_T

and is it possible to /assist a mob..because when its a cluster**** of monsters its really hard to scroll to the one the party is attacking.

Also the battlefield barrier is stupid..I didn't know you could get locked out of the battle..I did the ARC hop backwards maneuver and then the wall came out and my party had to fight without me. It still gave me exp and credit though.
By Quiznor 2013-06-29 22:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Daus said: »
ok so..I just did another group mission thing and the first 2 in the main quest went smooth and easy and this last one with a pick up group was almost horrible..except we won. I don't know how that happened.

For one thing it seemed like me and the healer had the hate the majority of the time..I wish I could see a chat log of what skills people are using and what they are doing like in 11 >.> like if you screwed up people would be all like "umm..excuse me..what are you doing" but in this game I can't tell! Is there something I need to turn on?

also, is it possible to throw potions at your party members? if not..then is it possible for me to use my dinky cure spell on other pt members..keep in mind I'm an ARC and just have the cure subability..

Also, I kept winning lots on gear and it is really hard to stop what you're doing and equip gear when in a battlefield.

and is it possible to /assist a mob..because when its a cluster**** of monsters its really hard to scroll to the one the party is attacking.

Also the battlefield barrier is stupid..I didn't know you could get locked out of the battle..I did the ARC hop backwards maneuver and then the wall came out and my party had to fight without me. It still gave me exp and credit though.

Click "battle" by the chat log,idk how to get to there on ps3 though.

There is a way to mark targets in order to attack

/mk attack1
/mk attack2
etc

Which makes it much easier.

As the tank (GLD) in the previous phase,I'd macro them to make it easier for others
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-06-29 23:04:31
Link | Citer | R

I know this might be a silly question, but do we know if accounts can be used on either ps3 and/or pc?

because i was accepted to the ps3 beta and am playing on it atm. I will play on the pc when the game launches for real tho (i didnt apply to pc beta bc i didnt have a good comp at the time)

so will i be able to use my char from stage 4 on from ps3 on pc?

I know you can do it in ff11 but I just want to make sure lol.
By Jvrican 2013-06-29 23:08:00
Link | Citer | R

stage 4 shiuld be open beta so you should be able to download it on your pc then. since we have to make new chrs anyways shouldnt matter much. but ya you should be able to jumpfrom ps3/ps4/pc useing same account just like 11.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-06-29 23:08:44
Link | Citer | R

sooooo basically when stage 4 comes open beta means anybody whether they have codes or not can play?

I have a friend who wants to try out this game but does not have a square enix account..... yet.... lol
By volkom 2013-06-29 23:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ivaan said: »
sooooo basically when stage 4 comes open beta means anybody whether they have codes or not can play?

I have a friend who wants to try out this game but does not have a square enix account..... yet.... lol

i'm pretty sure you have to pre-order the game to participate if you aren't already in beta
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-06-29 23:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Can you take these Beta3 characters into the release version of the game? I've grown attached to my 'lil Maurauder.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-06-29 23:17:22
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

i'm pretty sure you have to pre-order the game to participate if you aren't already in beta
ahh ok.
ahh ok thats what i was wondering,
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Can you take these Beta3 characters into the release version of the game? I've grown attached to my 'lil Maurauder.

no its confirmed from what i read that you cant from stage 3, which is what we r currently in, but stage 4 you will start new and that you can take into the real game
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-06-29 23:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Damn, I figured as much.

Oh well, I'll just figure out which starter town to setup shop for stage 4.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-29 23:44:57
Link | Citer | R

ahh ok.
ahh ok thats what i was wondering,

no its confirmed from what i read that you cant from stage 3, which is what we r currently in, but stage 4 you will start new and that you can take into the real game
taking beta characters into full release makes no sense :(
But hey, i can start my new character on the same server as my 1.0 legacy...and have a dual boxed character for free :<
By Kimble2013 2013-06-29 23:46:15
Link | Citer | R

I really like this game but didn't play at all this weekend as it feels kinda empty to level when my toon will be deleted soon.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-30 00:41:38
Link | Citer | R

You could drag your battle chatbox to be above your general chatbox on the PC... So I'm thinking there's something similar for the PS3. :x
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-30 02:07:10
Link | Citer | R

Press Start and go to Party member search (think it's under the Social banner)- from there you can click on yourself and change your flag to Seeking, as well as make a search comment.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-30 03:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Official and beta forums are crap so going to just ask this here.
Has there been any recent word on race changing for 1.0 characters when ARR is released? It was pretty much confirmed before 1.0 even ended, but I haven't kept up with the producer letters and stuff recently.
Really hope they still plan on making that an option, I don't really want to be a Lalfell anymore.
You won't have your current progress, but if you saved the character data you can always make an exact clone when the game is actually released.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-06-30 04:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Official and beta forums are crap so going to just ask this here.
Has there been any recent word on race changing for 1.0 characters when ARR is released? It was pretty much confirmed before 1.0 even ended, but I haven't kept up with the producer letters and stuff recently.
Really hope they still plan on making that an option, I don't really want to be a Lalfell anymore.

According to what I read here...

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=758c9a3a9f3045637d0d36f1afa1dd51085f4be3

...it says...

Lode.Stone said:
Characters
FFXIV: ARR has been created with an entirely new graphics engine, and has also seen the addition of new races including Highlander females, Miqo'te males, and Roegadyn females. In light of these changes, players will be given the opportunity to change the appearance of Version 1.0 characters. All aspects can be altered, including race, gender, and name. Please note that changes can only be performed once.

...so it does seem that those variables can be changed upon the first time logging in to the new server (apparently whether that is in Phase 4 or live, dependent upon the user I would guess.)
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-30 04:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Didn't even think about checking lodestone for some reason. That is awesome news though, sort of thought they may have changed their minds on the race and name change stuff.

Not really looking forward to syncing down to X level to progress through Mrd/Pgl/Thm/Lnc class quests just to get some abilities, but it's better than starting from nothing at least. Modified Lalafell walk and run just killed the race for me.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-30 05:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Didn't even think about checking lodestone for some reason. That is awesome news though, sort of thought they may have changed their minds on the race and name change stuff.

Not really looking forward to syncing down to X level to progress through Mrd/Pgl/Thm/Lnc class quests just to get some abilities, but it's better than starting from nothing at least. Modified Lalafell walk and run just killed the race for me.
Level Sync seems to be highly beneficial actually and not scalefuckyou like XI. You can actually get alot more rewards when being level synced in fates that you could being the right level or just under or over. :<

But yea, it would suck to be synced down to 30 from 50 :<
 Asura.Crizzo
Serveur: Asura
user: Crizzo
By Asura.Crizzo 2013-06-30 05:02:02
Link | Citer | R

I have been playing the beta on PS3 for 3 weeks now and I haven't seen a game this beautiful in my 31 years on this earth. Theres some things I would change but its good enough to keep me hooked for years. Cant wait for the game to come out and DEFINITELY cant wait for tnew expansions and updates for it!!!
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-30 07:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, seems like best to get one job to 20s and unlock the grand company, once you sign up with one of them, every new fate you do will also give you a nice chunk of grand company points which is not a chump change over time when you are leveling other jobs in the process. Finally a worthy successor of FFXI, with a great new gameplay and actually OPTIONS to play how you want, when you want, and you can solo all the way to 50s should you choose. And still tons of grouping options. Endgame seems to be shaping up nicely from what was being hinted at, lots of "points" type gears you can purchase depending on which events you are doing. Phase 4 beta cannot come here any sooner...
By Synria 2013-06-30 07:32:16
Link | Citer | R

You don't need to pre-order the game to participate in Open Beta, pre-orders are for Early Access play which would start after Phase 4's Open Beta and will require the key code you get when Pre-Ordering.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-30 10:01:03
Link | Citer | R

I thought the servers go down on sundays? are they still up?
By Quiznor 2013-06-30 10:02:15
Link | Citer | R

I thought the servers go down on sundays? are they still up?

Down
 Sylph.Knala
Serveur: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-06-30 11:21:02
Link | Citer | R

Nice, its the first dungeon they actually throw a few mechanics at ya, well the pirate one kind of does if you interact with the bubbling grates you can prevent add spawns.

Quote:

Nope best you can do is level your CNJ further and equip higher level cure abilities to use on your other classes.

Quote:

Open up your character menu and go to the gear slot from which you got new gear for and select it and it'll automatically open up the appropriate tab of the armory.

Quote:

Go into the social menu forget which tab in the social menu however you just select yourself on it and it'll show several options, don't remember what the other options were but one of them is to set your search info its here you can designate yourself looking for party and also make a search comment.

Quote:

Think you can use /assist <targetsnamehere> to target the same monster as your tank, also as some one else said you can also use markers.

Quote:

Most mmo's do that for boss fights now a days, you can tell if the room is going to lock you out because there will be a glowing dark purple line going acrost the threshold.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-30 11:23:07
Link | Citer | R

With a conjurer in the group there shouldn't be any need for extra healing though, 1 healer is more than enough in the beta :0
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23