Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM/DNC Sky solo
SAM/DNC Sky solo
 Bismarck.Jinchuuriki
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Solbadguy
By Bismarck.Jinchuuriki 2009-07-04 05:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Any news on any known sam's out there that solo sky NM's?? or is it even possible?

If you are one of them then can you please add in what gear you usually use.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-04 05:55:18
Link | Citer | R

doesnt sound possible to me lol probably have a better shot Nin/Dnc for sky NMs
 Bismarck.Jinchuuriki
By Bismarck.Jinchuuriki 2009-07-04 06:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Rumaha said:
doesnt sound possible to me lol probably have a better shot Nin/Dnc for sky NMs

god.. nin... looks like i'm force to level it to 75 after all. it's level 68 not too far off but just annoying heh.
 Asura.Hiidan
Serveur: Asura
user:
By Asura.Hiidan 2009-07-04 06:10:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

lol you really want to solo sky nms? RDM/NIN
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-04 06:10:50
Link | Citer | R

i know NIN can solo genbu..and since they can enfeeble + shadows and good eva i give them a better chance for NM's...ive soloed a VT a few times as Nin/Dnc and T's w/ no problem at all.. i can solo T's as Sam/Dnc too though but it can be slightly more risky lol
 Bismarck.Jinchuuriki
By Bismarck.Jinchuuriki 2009-07-04 06:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Hiidan said:
lol you really want to solo sky nms? RDM/NIN

RDM is 100% best for sky solo... but I was looking for an alternative route since my rdm is lvl 1..
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-04 06:15:44
Link | Citer | R

go solo Genbu as Mnk :p
 Bismarck.Jinchuuriki
By Bismarck.Jinchuuriki 2009-07-04 06:17:06
Link | Citer | R

Rumaha said:
i know NIN can solo genbu..and since they can enfeeble + shadows and good eva i give them a better chance for NM's...ive soloed a VT a few times as Nin/Dnc and T's w/ no problem at all.. i can solo T's as Sam/Dnc too though but it can be slightly more risky lol

Eh... genbu is not even worth the effort anymore.. imo..

Sam/dnc do seem to be very risky since your only reliable source is Seigan+Thrid eye. but was thinking with the right 6hit TP buld + soboro would it make any difference at all since you'll be spaming curing waltez
 Sylph.Jax
Serveur: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-07-04 07:06:26
Link | Citer | R

hehehe, get to leveling that dnc then since its only 21!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-04 07:31:33
Link | Citer | R

When Seigan Third Eye goes down in 1 hit /WRISTS
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-07-04 09:08:45
Link | Citer | R

we do a bunch of lowman stuff with nin/dnc + rdm/whm

this new Yonnin ability will make /dnc lolvoke better with the enmity increase and the eva boost when front tanking

as far as sam/dnc in sky we use it for when we want to change up mage burning to tp burning

2-3 sam/dnc with soboros and a nin/dnc tank, u dont really need a mage anymore when doing things like farming water/dio
 Ragnarok.Titox
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-07-07 08:53:43
Link | Citer | R

well sam/nin can solo Genbu like almost every job...except is kiting 24/7...when Genbu stop to cast non-ga nuke....WS away and then kite again...but need to bring a lot of antidote and emergency Hi-potions ^^
yes is a boring fight lol

Ulli maybe same way but with /dnc....since Ulli spams mostly Heavy Strike and be avoided with third eye or running away ^^ if he do banishga just put Kirin Osode for the light +50 resist to lower the dmg or run away from range

soloing tough monster in sky will need evasion gear+ and keeping them blind & paralyze with Yuki + Kasha unless a caster then include Gekko for silence <-- this works very nice for in my opinion when i get an agro of a tough when i am sam/dnc(like shark of sea)
and if you have third eye fully merit then it should be a very easy solo a tough one ^^
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-07 09:02:51
Link | Citer | R

To put it simply, SAM would even have trouble soloing Genbu. There's no chance of actually being able to solo any other gods, or for that matter any other NMs in Sky. SAM/DNC will be even more of a catastrophic mess, considering Gods hit for 500+ without focused DEF gear, and Seigan tends to be worse the more essential it is. Curing Waltz can only be used every 7 seconds and maxes out at around 210 HP. Meritting 5/5 Third Eye only reduces Third Eye recast to 25 seconds instead of 30, and the fact that Soboro gives so much TP to the NM itself is...Well, you're writing your own death note.

Keep in mind there's a difference between soloing a T (LV77~) mob on SAM/DNC and soloing a God (LV90).
 Ragnarok.Titox
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-07-07 09:46:24
Link | Citer | R

at least is possible to solo a God as sam...but not /dnc though and very long fight >.>'

i agree with Enternius on "there's a difference between soloing a T (LV77~) mob on SAM/DNC and soloing a God (LV90)."
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-07 10:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Any job in the game can solo Genbu. SAM is actually probably one of the worst candidates for it, lol.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-07 10:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Any job in the game can solo Genbu. SAM is actually probably one of the worst candidates for it, lol.

Dnc would be pretty rough :D