Calling All 70+ SAM!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Calling All 70+ SAM!
Calling All 70+ SAM!
First Page 2
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 06:21:32
Link | Citer | R

I bet you guys are sick of seeing me asking questions XD

Anyway, I was playing around with the concept of a viable 6-hit build, Pre-75.

I came up with 2 sets of gear, one for WS and one for TP (naturally >_>)

TP Gear
WS Gear

How well would these sets actually do in comparison to a somewhat more "standard" setup?

EDIT: Sets updated, made a slight math error >_> Forgot I only needed STP+21 and not +26 XD Oh well..
 Cerberus.Harken
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tins
By Cerberus.Harken 2009-07-01 06:44:50
Link | Citer | R

change the pants to Shinimusha Haidate and you can swap the hachiman feet for a fuma and get 3% haste and keep the 6hit. the rest seems fine
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 06:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, it looks like I'm 1 STP short on my WS build XD

Would it work if I took out a Coral Earring and put on Attila's Earring? I can't see +5 Att being all that much more useful in the WS phase over the ability to shave another hit off my swings.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-01 06:54:32
Link | Citer | R

ATT comes more into play WS when your stat modifier (STR usually) and the enemies' VIT cancel out. However, if you're pumping out another WS six seconds sooner than you normally would, 1 STP is better than 5 ATT on a WS phase.
 Cerberus.Harken
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tins
By Cerberus.Harken 2009-07-01 06:54:32
Link | Citer | R

well of course you dont want to WS on a haste piece, so you can keep the hachiman feet for WSing :p
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 06:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Harken said:
well of course you dont want to WS on a haste piece, so you can keep the hachiman feet for WSing :p

..>_>; I forgot Hachi feet had STR XD

I love both of you XD Thanks~! ^^
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-01 07:08:28
Link | Citer | R

id use amemet +1 in the WS just because i tried both and ame+1 and smilo+1 Ame+1 ended being better for me but iuno 3 Str or 15 atk worth testing
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-01 07:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
How well would these sets actually do in comparison to a somewhat more "standard" setup?

A six-hit is worth atleast 10% Haste.

...in other words, doing this pretty much dominates the standard Ochimusha Kote/ect deal you'd use pre-70.

I'd rather Y/G/K in Amemet Mantle +1 atleast if I were you; swap that Coral Earring to a Minuet Earring, what else... oh, Lv.71, change your Potent Belt to Warwolf Belt on Y/G/K, but keep it on Penta though (and also Rana, when you get it). Last but not least, C.Chain to Peacock Charm during TP (as if you weren't aware of this already -_- lol), and up the Lv.54 STR ring to a Ruby Ring.

Fantastic work.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-01 07:23:49
Link | Citer | R

The only reason people have better results with Smilodon is because Gekko and as I understand it only Gekko has a fairly low attack cap. I believe it's around 460~, meaning post-75 setups along with food will almost always break even or exceed this, and so Smilodon is just a wiser choice in that case. Until that point, stick with Amemet/Forager's, and use your attack mantles with Y/K for good.

That's the last I've heard on this matter, but I only visit BG like once in a blue moon so there may be someone else who knows more or has heard updated findings. Other than that, Ironguy's suggestions are all sound choices.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 07:34:57
Link | Citer | R

I actually have a couple of problems with those suggestions XD

I can't swap out a lot of that gear, at 70, and still maintain a /true/ 6-hit build.

aka, Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > WS > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > WS.

The other problem is that some of that gear is post-70. I already have my gearsets planned, for the most part, for when I'm 75 and have my STP merits. It requires some fine-tuning for when I get certain pieces of gear, but it's pretty sound. (It's all listed on the Item Sets on my profile).
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2009-07-01 10:05:03
Link | Citer | R

looks like a working 6 hit, good job.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-07-01 12:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Looks pretty nice. I'm curious though. Did you check stats by putting a Smart Grenade into your ammo slot? It does have a Hidden Effect of Attack+4
 Pandemonium.Treppe
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-07-17 12:46:09
Link | Citer | R

I work with a 47 STP build instad of a 46 STP build (thats from Trait +25, merit +10 and gear +12) because with 46 it forces you to MUST maintain 46 STP as well during WS or you'll fall short of 100 TP in the next 5 melee attack by about 1TP~ or so. But by giving yourself that extra 1STP(46+1 = 47STP) for the next 5 hits I have found I can afford to drop down to 36 STP during WS giving you more room to used WS STR gear insead and land at almost exactly 100-101% can rememeber exact digit. Some how that 1 extra STP for the next melee 5 hits after WS goes a long long way and makes up a lot of TP that the was lost during the WS.

yeah i did too much testing. Dont you hate it when they hit you while testing and you go to drop your TP to 0 and start over.

SAM TP
SAM WS

Using these two set ups I've gotten 100 TP before and after First WS

aka, Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > WS > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > Hit > WS.

Hope I helped ^_^
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-17 13:10:11
Link | Citer | R

I'd say these gear sets are a good example of what you're looking at dealing without rajas. It is true, though, that in general with rajas, simply putting on brutal and hachiman hands along with full merits will allow you to take the hands off for WS. The alternative with the JSE boots causes you to need to leave them on!
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-17 13:48:26
Link | Citer | R

I guess I have a SAM question.

I'm currently 62.

My gear (Just click my name) i think is ok for it's level (except for Neck Piece, need a Chiv. Chain) is there anything else I should improve on?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-17 13:56:17
Link | Citer | R

[offtopic]

Calling all 70+ SAMs: DON'T TP IN DOMARU!

[/offtopic]
[+]
 Sylph.Jax
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-07-17 14:09:33
Link | Citer | R

i'd say wait to 75, fully merit Store TP & then it's easy to get a 6 hit build!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-17 14:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said:

I'm currently 62.

My gear (Just click my name) i think is ok for it's level (except for Neck Piece, need a Chiv. Chain) is there anything else I should improve on?
For the moment all I'd concern yourself with is some accuracy on your rings. I'll assume O kote aren't an option for you atm if you aren't wearing them, but you might want to find something with raw accuracy bonus such as Jaridah for the moment, until something better comes along.

Between Yuki/Gekko/Kasha your accuracy /should/ be capped or near-capped just out of it's own natural accuracy bonus so you can hang on to that STR stuff for those purposes still.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Serveur: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-17 14:24:43
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said:

I'm currently 62.

-Get a Pole Grip for added double attack
-Get accuracy rings for TP phase (keep STR rings for YGK)
-H.Q. your back piece when you have the money, and also buy a Smilodon Mantle +1
-Swift Belt if you have Sacrarium access. If you have Potent Belt use that for WS, but you'll be getting a Warwolf Belt for ws soon.
-Exchange Shinimusha Haidate for Royal Knights Breeches if still takes you 7 hits to reach 100 TP.
-Fume Sune-Ate/Sarutobi Kyahan/Fuma Kyahan for the feet slot. You're going to swap out haste feet for Store TP feet at lvl 70, but you'll put them back on when you start to merit.
-It's almost too late for O kotes, but you can get them if you ever think you're going to level MNK or NIN. But after 70 they pretty much don't touch SAM ever again.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-17 14:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Ahligieri said:
Fyyvoaa said:

I'm currently 62.

-Get a Pole Grip for added double attack
-Get accuracy rings for TP phase (keep STR rings for YGK)
-H.Q. your back piece when you have the money, and also buy a Smilodon Mantle +1
-Swift Belt if you have Sacrarium access. If you have Potent Belt use that for WS, but you'll be getting a Warwolf Belt for ws soon.
-Exchange Shinimusha Haidate for Royal Knights Breeches if still takes you 7 hits to reach 100 TP.
-Fume Sune-Ate/Sarutobi Kyahan/Fuma Kyahan for the feet slot. You're going to swap out haste feet for Store TP feet at lvl 70, but you'll put them back on when you start to merit.
-It's almost too late for O kotes, but you can get them if you ever think you're going to level MNK or NIN. But after 70 they pretty much don't touch SAM ever again.

And for the love of god please take the Aegis out of your wanted items.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-30 08:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Thought I'd pull this back up to ask another question, mainly SAM related but it does spread more across the entire DD market.

Without Byakko's Haidate and Shura Haidate, what Leg piece would be best worn at 75 if you already have a 6-hit build, without the Shinimusha Haidate.

Answer I don't want to see: "Get a sky LS" >_>

75SAM TP Gear
75SAM WS Gear

The only 2 things I'm missing out of those are Byakko's Hadaite and Shura Haidate. (I would've had both by now but they fell off separate Byakko's my Chat LS did a long time ago when I went to bed ._.)

Those gearsets were planned more as a "Cheap, but viable" plan and contain as few expensive items as I can get and still do my job well. (I think the only pricey piece I have in there is Triumph Earring).

I looked a long time back and only found lolRK Breeches, but I really hate the thought of using those at 75.. >_>
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-30 09:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
Thought I'd pull this back up to ask another question, mainly SAM related but it does spread more across the entire DD market.

Without Byakko's Haidate and Shura Haidate, what Leg piece would be best worn at 75 if you already have a 6-hit build, without the Shinimusha Haidate.

75SAM TP Gear
75SAM WS Gear

The only 2 things I'm missing out of those are Byakko's Hadaite and Shura Haidate. (I would've had both by now but they fell off separate Byakko's my Chat LS did a long time ago when I went to bed ._.)

Those gearsets were planned more as a "Cheap, but viable" plan and contain as few expensive items as I can get and still do my job well. (I think the only pricey piece I have in there is Triumph Earring).

I looked a long time back and only found lolRK Breeches, but I really hate the thought of using those at 75.. >_>

I'm in a similar boat to you, been 1st on shura and b'haidate for 2 months now but my shell only does sky 1 week out of a month because we do sea/znm too. Doesnt help I missed 1 week that haidate dropped due to rl and last week leader with trig for it was away ><

I've been using AF1 legs, but I guess you could use These for more acc. Not sure what access you have to more endgame options, but askar legs work till haidates too or af1+1 legs.

I'm personaly gonna donate a byakko set to my ls next sky week >< sick of not having them lol Good luck to you ^^
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-07-30 09:11:39
Link | Citer | R

What do I TP in as 75 SAM? Hachi gloves? Seiryu kote is I go /RNG, maybe?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-30 09:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Celestinia said:
I'm in a similar boat to you, been 1st on shura and b'haidate for 2 months now but my shell only does sky 1 week out of a month because we do sea/znm too. Doesnt help I missed 1 week that haidate dropped due to rl and last week leader with trig for it was away ><

I've been using AF1 legs, but I guess you could use These for more acc. Not sure what access you have to more endgame options, but askar legs work till haidates too or af1+1 legs.

I'm personaly gonna donate a byakko set to my ls next sky week >< sick of not having them lol Good luck to you ^^

XD

I'm planning on doing something similar, just working on getting some money for Autumnstone atm, without going too broke anyway >_>; Trying to slowly save up for a GHorn XD

Spent nearly 12hr one day soloing golems in sky for Ulli pop with no luck ; ;

I just looked at Askar legs and figured they'd make a viable alternative for now, might do a few Nyzul's when I do my last 3 Gomlek runs!
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-30 09:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:

75SAM TP Gear
75SAM WS Gear

You 'could' get the AF+1 haidate. They have 5 str, 5 vit, 4 store TP. Pretty nice if you don't have shura +1, Byakko's, or Hachiryu.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-30 09:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said:

I'm currently 62.

accuracy. echporia ring is cheaapp cheap and easy to get. if u cant get chiv get some specticales
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-30 10:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Need a swift belt, jaeger ring, and sarutobi kyahan as well, Fyyvoaa. All of which are free.
 Alexander.Syxx
Serveur: Alexander
user: Stylesz
By Alexander.Syxx 2009-07-30 10:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Deleted other posts** didnt notice u were 75 now.. and the best legs you can wws isn is your AF+1 or Usukane.. I rather af+1 because its 5 STR and 4 Store TP
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-30 10:51:52
Link | Citer | R

No, best legs to ws in are Hachiryu.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-30 11:31:43
Link | Citer | R