Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » To buy, or not to buy.. Tiphia Sting
To buy, or not to buy.. Tiphia Sting
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-01 04:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Also isn't white tathlum really good for sam? I thought the 2 store tp allowed a 6 hit build without sacrificing a haste slot? (that's what someone has on the comments anyway)
 Ramuh.Konoko
Serveur: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-07-01 04:13:44
Link | Citer | R

I think it might be, Usukane feet destroys any need for the white tathlum though. (And hachiman too!)
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-01 04:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Also isn't white tathlum really good for sam? I thought the 2 store tp allowed a 6 hit build without sacrificing a haste slot? (that's what someone has on the comments anyway)

Well it depends, if you have brutal earring(+1) chiv chain(+1) askar body(+5) rajas ring(+5) you can make a 6-hit build w/o sacrificing any haste slots.

But if you're missing byakko haidate and askar body but you do have askar hands then you dont want to be using hachiman hands(+8) to get your store tp, you want to use hachiman legs(+3) so you can wear haste hands. But, using legs/rajas/chiv/brutal you only get +10 store tp and you need +11, so unless you shell out on HQ legs(+4) having white tathlum makes a difference.

Really white tathlum's benefits depend on what gear you have, 5/5 store tp merits leave you needing +11 store tp for 6-hit build.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-01 04:37:36
Link | Citer | R

protip: don't use askar korazin; domaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 2.0 in disguise.

Hachiman Sune-ate (fulltimed), or Hachiman Kote during TP (with Gigas-series bracelets on Y/G/K, Bandomusha/Ochimusha/M.Kote +1 on Rana/Penta). Pick one, and use it until Usukane Sune-ate (which are then paired with Dusk Gloves +1/Dusk Gloves for standard TP, and alternatively Hachiryu Kote/Noritsune Kote when against upper-tier targets, see Ixion and Kirin, ect); it's as simple as that.

Easier way to understand: Yes, on all targets that check over T+, the 3% Haste increase you'd recieve via freeing up Store TP-wear from your hands/feet and onto your body (therefore still keeping six-hit), will NOT outperform the 13.75 accuracy, better known as 6.88% hit rate (see: NQ HAUBERGEON); Haubergeon +1 drives that piece of garbage body down into the ground even further.

The only exception, is if you're riding the ever lol-worthy 20% Haste(gear), Haste(spell), and double March, which then yes, the Askar-20% could hold a candle to the NQ Haubergeon set, but only on the stuff that'd check at about Tough (NOBODY CARES).

Also: White Tathlum has no use on Samurai, spoilersssssssssssssssssss
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-01 04:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Lol was not suggesting you should use askar body, you're right that it won't out perform an acc body when faced with mobs with decent evasion including anything VT+, just showing that tathlum isn't neccesary in making a 6-hit.

There has been a lot of testing into the impact of haste on you're DoT and the closer to you're equipment cap you can get(25%) when stacked with hasso/haste spell the greater the DoT curve gets. +4% might not sound like much but when stacked the effect is far greater.

This game is all about reaching a balance, the acc on tiphia makes it very worthwhile, best use for white tathlum is for -enmity (lol) or making a 5-hit build if you got Usukane.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-01 04:49:47
Link | Citer | R

i forgot to add hasso to what i said before, wupz, lolz

Ironguy said:
The only exception, is if you're riding the ever lol-worthy 20% Haste(gear), Haste(spell), and double March, which then yes, the Askar-20% could hold a candle to the NQ Haubergeon set, but only on the stuff that'd check at about Tough (NOBODY CARES).

wear haubergeon and drop askar korazin unless you use /dnc commonly, or alternatively don't have anything to y/g/k in besides haubergeon.

I've got records of the "4% increase" actually being just dudes sporting 80-85% accuracy in einherjar/dynamis and therefore parsing like pieces of garbage.

OH, but yes: Tiphia Sting is a very good buy, seeing how it's the second best TP ammunition there is for Samurai (as well as Dragoon and Monk, ect... forgetting what other jobs would use it atm <_>); consider 140k or whatever it is over on your server, as lucky; think it's like er... 300k over here?

Sorry, I'm wrong: 475k

wat.