SAM mid-ekip
 Ragnarok.Jokton
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jok
By Ragnarok.Jokton 2013-04-13 05:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Hello to all.

I have a SAM 99, and I wanna equipe it, but I haven't acces to PW and haven't other jobs to take the NNI ekip or other, becouse I have other jobs with good equip but not needed to NNI for exemple BLM.

I need a bit help with whan can I buy/farm to have a good equipment and start to do NNI for example.

This are my 2 Sets (sry, but I don't know how can I do to see it and don't was a link).
TP:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/296060

WS Tachi; Shoha
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/293938

Thank you to all for your time.
 Ragnarok.Darkmithra
By Ragnarok.Darkmithra 2013-04-13 05:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Got mala that is good for both shoha and tp? Also a haste belt would be better than windbuffet due to lack of embrava nowadays. Your shoha set is good, I'd say get that moonshade earring if your serious about sam though. Aslong as you 5 hit, with close to capped haste, you should do fine.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-13 06:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Don't use juogi on SAM. Unkai will do much more for you tping.

Also swap twilight helm for oto (even if it is NQ it will smash twilight)
 Ragnarok.Jokton
By Ragnarok.Jokton 2013-04-13 06:04:03
Link | Citer | R

I have my 5hits now, I take 21% TP with this set, and haste I have 17% (I know that I need more).
Mala neck? I went 5 times and no drop ¡_¡ but I wanna take it, and startet to do WoTG missions for moonshade.
I think for Shoha it's better thunder belt or I'm wrong?
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-13 06:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Thunder belt will do better than what you are currently using (they are pretty solid) but mala and windbuffet (which is cheap on rag atleast) these days are the best neck/waist for Shoha
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-13 06:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Also just assumed the TP belt was bullwhip, which is what I use. (I'm cheap as hell)

Get any 6/7 haste belt for now for tping. Windbuffet is only good if jobs have 25/6% haste in other slots and can afford to tp in it.
 Valefor.Surivere
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Surivere 2013-04-13 06:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Looking over that all quick, i'd say simply capping off your haste to 25~26% is going to do the most for you since you're only at 17% now.

If you cannot be bothered to farm Kaggen for a Phasmida Belt, atleast buy that Dynamic Belt off the AH for 200k-ish. 5% haste and some acc for TP'ing right there.

I'd say do some Voidwatch in general. Ace's Mail from Uptala looks like it will be your main TP piece (and decent for WS's with that 18 STR too). Also 4% haste on the body. It's really not that hard of a drop.

As for your STR set. Feet and Legs from Adouling will do perfectly. Amazing amounts of STR on there, and you get store TP+5 on your feet too.

For everything else, i dont imediately see any easy improvements that wont take months of your time.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-13 06:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Don't TP in Ace's Mail. It's a great WS body pre phorcy's and new stuff which I can't remember the names of.

But Unkai is on it's own for SAM, it might be a pain but get it done and never look back.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
Serveur: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-13 07:27:13
Link | Citer | R

TP:
Waist - get a Bullwhip Belt. It's free and Ovni is a joke.
Body - Unkai Domaru +2. It's also free and beats everything else. Juogi is awful.
Neck - Ganesha's Mala. Keep on doing Hahava till you get one.
Hands - a free alternative to Brego Gloves is Karieyh Moufles.

WS:
Ring - Vulcan's Ring at least, or a Strigoi Ring (takes some effort but you might get lucky). Spiral Ring just makes me rage, it's the Unyielding Ring of this era, pops up everywhere. -.-
Feet - Assuming you have Unkai Sune-Ate +2 swap to those immediately, and work on getting baylds for Karieyh Sollerets.
Waist - Windbuffet Belt.
Neck - Ganesha's Mala.
Ear - eeeeh I'd like to say a str +3 earring at least since Kemas is on par with Spiral Ring to me, but I suppose it works until Moonshade since you've started working on those missions.
Body - try getting an Ace's Mail.
Head - Mekira-Oto (+1 if you have the gil).
Hands - surely there's something better (outside of NNI or HQ Avant) out there than what you're currently using, but my mind's absolutely blank at the moment.

Haven't looked at your hit build at all by the way.
 Ragnarok.Jokton
By Ragnarok.Jokton 2013-04-13 07:47:11
Link | Citer | R

I updated the ekipment sets with all your opinions, but I don't know why all people said ganesha neck, are better than Thunder gorget?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-13 08:25:12
Link | Citer | R

mala neck on shoha simpel comparison

2 swings in ws * 0.02 chance * 3 extra swings * 0.95 hitrate * 1 ftp per landed hit = 0. 114ftp increase in average

this is assuming you have:
- capped accuracy
- no other QA TA DA to get reduced effect on

Thunder necks gives you 0,09765625 (some ppl just say 0.1 for easyness) ftp increase

0.114 ftp > 0.09765625
 Ragnarok.Jokton
By Ragnarok.Jokton 2013-04-13 08:49:03
Link | Citer | R

I see.... the mala have 0.02 (aprox) more.... I see... and it's the same for windbuffet and thunder belt?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-13 12:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jokton said: »
I see.... the mala have 0.02 (aprox) more.... I see... and it's the same for windbuffet and thunder belt?

Yup again simple comparison

2 swing on ws * 0.02 chance * 2 extra swings from TA * 0.95 hitrate * 1ftp for a landed hit = 0.076
+
2 swing on ws * 0.01 chance * 3 extra swings from QA * 0.95 hitrate * 1ftp for a landed hit = 0.057
=
0.076 + 0.057 = 0.133ftp

again this a a simple direct comparisons and the more QA TA DA you have and if you are not capped on accuracy the less effective the windbuffet and gasha mala becomes.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-13 12:46:28
Link | Citer | R

If you're going to multiply mala/windbffet by accuracy, you also have to do the same with ele. belt.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-13 12:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
If you're going to multiply mala/windbffet by accuracy, you also have to do the same with ele. belt.

i have to start up by disagreeing

the addesd ftp from elemtenal belt/gorget does not depend on another accuracy check its always "on"

extra swings from da/ta/qa i believe still have to go throught accuracy check.

if im wrong on the accuracy check on QA/TA/DA then the hitrate can be taking out entirely
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-13 12:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

the addesd ftp from elemtenal belt/gorget does not depend on another accuracy check its always "on"

if im wrong on the accuracy check on QA/TA/DA then the hitrate can be taking out entirely
The ftp does depend on an accuracy check, the hit or hits it boosts.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-13 18:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

The ftp does depend on an accuracy check, the hit or hits it boosts.

we are kinda both right (you more than me)

i was only focused in hits thats landed in the ws since belt/gorgets does not give bots to any of the misses ones
however i failed to realise that the misses hits can still DA/TA/QA

SO the ftp bonus does not have a acc check themself the however depending on the acc from the original ws swing

and the DA /TA /QA extra swings has their own accuracy check but they are not depending on the origanl ws swings to land.

so both boost are depending on one acc check so you are totally right
 Ragnarok.Jokton
By Ragnarok.Jokton 2013-04-14 07:24:14
Link | Citer | R

I see... for more DMG is mala/windbuffet (with skill capped) but if skill no capper are better the elemental neck/gorget (I'm capped)
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-04-14 19:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »
TP:
Waist - get a Bullwhip Belt. It's free and Ovni is a joke.
Body - Unkai Domaru +2. It's also free and beats everything else. Juogi is awful.
Neck - Ganesha's Mala. Keep on doing Hahava till you get one.
Hands - a free alternative to Brego Gloves is Karieyh Moufles.

WS:
Ring - Vulcan's Ring at least, or a Strigoi Ring (takes some effort but you might get lucky). Spiral Ring just makes me rage, it's the Unyielding Ring of this era, pops up everywhere. -.-
Feet - Assuming you have Unkai Sune-Ate +2 swap to those immediately, and work on getting baylds for Karieyh Sollerets.
Waist - Windbuffet Belt.
Neck - Ganesha's Mala.
Ear - eeeeh I'd like to say a str +3 earring at least since Kemas is on par with Spiral Ring to me, but I suppose it works until Moonshade since you've started working on those missions.
Body - try getting an Ace's Mail.
Head - Mekira-Oto (+1 if you have the gil).
Hands - surely there's something better (outside of NNI or HQ Avant) out there than what you're currently using, but my mind's absolutely blank at the moment.

Haven't looked at your hit build at all by the way.

Mustela mitts are like 500kish
 Ragnarok.Jokton
By Ragnarok.Jokton 2013-04-16 03:08:32
Link | Citer | R

And with the equip i changed, you think i can go to NNI With SAM?
 Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: deezymmo
By Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy 2013-04-16 03:17:21
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36563/bushido-the-way-of-the-samurai-a-guide/12/#2301275