user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-07 09:19:37
Link | Citer | R

12-07-2012 06:25 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Limbus Adjustments

{{Two quoted posts about how the chip requirement to try original Omega/Ultima is annoying at this point because the three day limitation is still in place. References to how you have to spend 4 or 6 runs farming chips for the old Omega/Ultima while once you farm the KIs for the new Omega/Ultima all you need is ABCs. Asked to make it possible to exchange ABCs for all types of chips.}}

We believe that the steps to get to the boss in the higher tier expansion of Limbus is balanced because of the high number of Ancient Beastcoins required. The idea behind this is that you may earn the required number of coins in parallel with collecting materials or chips for the lower tier bosses, allowing you to save time.

For Limbus in general, we have in the past received a lot of feedback about the harsh restriction on retry time. Since it has been some time since the addition and players have quite well completed most of the content, we have decided to reduce the waiting time on purchasing Cosmo-Cleanse to 20 hours in this month's version update, so feel free to challenge this event more often. (The waiting time on Einherjar will be reduced equally.)

In other situations, we also want to reduce the burden on the collection of chips to challenge the higher tier battles Limbus areas and original bosses. In order to avoid concentration of the inventory/collection burden on one player, we will remove the "EX" attribute from chips so that they can easily be gathered together.

While we considered the exchange of Ancient Beastcoins to chips like you suggested, we have decided to maintain the status quo regarding the entry conditions at this time. That being said, this may be in the works for future version updates, in case you don't mind waiting a little longer.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

12-07-2012 01:16 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Limbus Adjustments

Greetings and happy Friday!

During this month’s version update we will be reducing the amount of time necessary before obtaining Cosmo-Cleanse. We have been receiving a lot of feedback since a while back mentioning that the wait times were a bit too restricting, so we would like to make it easier to access this content. With that said, after the adjustment takes place the wait time will be reduced to 20 hours. Additionally, we will also be making the same wait time reduction adjustment to Einherjar.

Besides this adjustment, we would also like to reduce the stress of gathering chips needed to access the higher-tier Limbus. Specifically, we will be removing the EX status on chips, enabling people to work together to assemble sets.

We originally looked into exchanging ancient beast coins for chips, but felt that this would increase the uses of ancient beast coins too much, and also mix up the requirements for the higher-tier areas, so we decided to keep this aspect as is.

This adjustment will not make it in time for the December version update, but it is slated for the version update to follow.
Subscribe
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-12-07 09:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Did they just use "balance" in their reply???? /tanaka scars reopen
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-07 09:26:50
Link | Citer | R

20 hour cooldown on Einherjar? Nice.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-07 09:30:35
Link | Citer | R

inb4 a month from now when everyone is capped on OdinV2 & LimbusV2 gear and complain about nothing new to do.

Would have been better off lowering chip requirements for NQ Limbus Bosses somehow and leaving HQ Limbus as is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-07 09:31:13
Link | Citer | R

20 hour einherjar cooldown means say goodbye to neo salvage making Alexandrite cheaper.

Definately makes it easier to finish a mythic overall, though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Fail
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: failffxi
By Quetzalcoatl.Fail 2012-12-07 09:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Did SE just do something right ?!?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
user: Sephyrus
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-12-07 09:37:42
Link | Citer | R

Good news in a very mfking long time lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-07 09:47:03
Link | Citer | R

Wow nice
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-07 13:54:27
Link | Citer | R

12-07-2012 01:16 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Limbus Adjustments

Greetings and happy Friday!

During this month’s version update we will be reducing the amount of time necessary before obtaining Cosmo-Cleanse. We have been receiving a lot of feedback since a while back mentioning that the wait times were a bit too restricting, so we would like to make it easier to access this content. With that said, after the adjustment takes place the wait time will be reduced to 20 hours. Additionally, we will also be making the same wait time reduction adjustment to Einherjar.

Besides this adjustment, we would also like to reduce the stress of gathering chips needed to access the higher-tier Limbus. Specifically, we will be removing the EX status on chips, enabling people to work together to assemble sets.

We originally looked into exchanging ancient beast coins for chips, but felt that this would increase the uses of ancient beast coins too much, and also mix up the requirements for the higher-tier areas, so we decided to keep this aspect as is.

This adjustment will not make it in time for the December version update, but it is slated for the version update to follow.
Subscribe
[+]
 Leviathan.Maphis
user: Maphis
By Leviathan.Maphis 2012-12-07 14:04:28
Link | Citer | R

About time Awsome news
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-07 14:06:51
Link | Citer | R

About damn time! I've been wanting this for longer than it needed to be. *_*

Maphis! Tell everyone at KrazyTrain for me- MORE MNK ZERGS ON ARCH OMEGAS FTW!! XD
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-12-07 14:11:49
Link | Citer | R

One of the most agreeable adjustments they are going to implement +9000 for this about damn time indeed.
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-12-07 14:14:58
Link | Citer | R

Now they just need to fix assaults and mythics fo everyone!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-07 14:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Thanks to this, maybe everyone will be more motivated now to do more Ultimas for mages
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-12-07 14:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
20 hour einherjar cooldown means say goodbye to neo salvage making Alexandrite cheaper.

How?
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-12-07 14:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kolossuss said: »

How?

Increase in Demand for Mythics
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2012-12-07 14:29:47
Link | Citer | R

If anything, the Einherjar changes will INCREASE the prices of Alexandrites
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-07 14:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Are there that many people who have the means to make a mythic who are really held up by lack of ein points? I mean I know it takes time but I just don't see that as the thing out of all those other requirements that's gunna make you go: "ah *** that ***". Most likely, if they are being held up by ein points, they are already making it and already buying alex. I don't see it having a drastic impact on prices.
[+]
 Fenrir.Elliott
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-12-07 14:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Are there that many people who have the means to make a mythic who are really held up by lack of ein points? I mean I know it takes time but I just don't see that as the thing out of all those other requirements that's gunna make you go: "ah *** that ***". Most likely, if they are being held up by ein points, they are already making it and already buying alex. I don't see it having a drastic impact on prices.

I agree, Einherjar's reduced entry time isn't likely to have much impact on the price of Alexandrite.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot
By Quetzalcoatl.Sirtwitchalot 2012-12-07 18:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Mythics just went from 7 months due to limited Ein entry to less then 2 months. With that said, I can easily see the price going up due to the fact that some people have unlimited gil from having a ***ton of fish bots. It only takes 1-2 people on your server with said fish bots to want to constantly build mythics and the price will go up. At least with the 7 month wait it allowed others to try and build with the limited supply while those with unlimited gil had to wait on Ein points. So yeah I can see the price of Alex going up if your server has a couple of people with said unlimited gil. I can think of 2 people on my server just off the top of my head who can easily do this.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2012-12-07 18:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Did SE just do something right ?!?
lol@
 Siren.Buddah
Serveur: Siren
user: Buddah278
By Siren.Buddah 2012-12-07 18:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Does this mean chips will be sellable in bazaar? :/
 Sylph.Annex
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-12-07 18:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Buddah said: »
Does this mean chips will be sellable in bazaar? :/

That or traded, considering they said:

"In order to avoid concentration of the inventory/collection burden on one player, we will remove the "EX" attribute from chips so that they can easily be gathered together."

So it will be like sea/sky pop type deal is the only closest thing I can compare it too.
 Phoenix.Valory
Serveur: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-12-07 19:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Now just take Assault/Salvage requirements from 3 people to 2!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-12-07 19:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Elliott said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

I agree, Einherjar's reduced entry time isn't likely to have much impact on the price of Alexandrite.

I agree too, kinda ridiculous to think einherjar points are the reason someone decides not to do a mythic and not make money off of salvage. was one of the last things on my mind when i decided to start one.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-07 19:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Einherjar wasn't so much a deterrent for the people looking to start a mythic, but rather a bottleneck of sorts for the people who abused cruor botting and have capped gil on multiple characters, or are just plain rich because of LS activities, mercing etc. that want to do a second mythic.

Consider:
-50 days to repeat assaults
~30 days for 150,000 Nyzul tokens
-53 runs of Einherjar Wing 3 spam to get 100,000 Ichor. That was 26 and a half weeks to run all the Einherjar you needed, or over 180 days, which is more than twice the amount of time you spent reclearing assaults and tokens.

Granted, if you were starting from scratch (getting captain/runic key) and started Ein simultaneously, it probably wouldn't seem like a big deal. But for the crazy people who were being deterred from making a second relic just because of how long it takes to finish Ichors, it is now not an issue anymore.

Doesn't apply to a lot of people, but it's there.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-12-07 20:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Einherjar wasn't so much a deterrent for the people looking to start a mythic, but rather a bottleneck of sorts for the people who abused cruor botting and have capped gil on multiple characters, or are just plain rich because of LS activities, mercing etc. that want to do a second mythic.

Consider:
-50 days to repeat assaults
~30 days for 150,000 Nyzul tokens
-53 runs of Einherjar Wing 3 spam to get 100,000 Ichor. That was 26 and a half weeks to run all the Einherjar you needed, or over 180 days, which is more than twice the amount of time you spent reclearing assaults and tokens.

Granted, if you were starting from scratch (getting captain/runic key) and started Ein simultaneously, it probably wouldn't seem like a big deal. But for the crazy people who were being deterred from making a second relic just because of how long it takes to finish Ichors, it is now not an issue anymore.

Doesn't apply to a lot of people, but it's there.

Thats true. I personally didn't consider it cause I've farmed all my alexandrite (currently at about 15k over about half a year(?) of farming). Easy gil made this game too easy. I never took advantage of blinker nerf, not because I think I'm too great for it, but because I was ignorant of the whole process till i heard about the nerf. But at any rate, I still think it was dumb of them to have such a process, you can literally get the best things in the game standing afk in an abyssea pt then go shout in pj. So stupid. Reward:Effort ratio became so skewed because of aby/cruor, and then everyone cried cause they realized they might have to actually put some effort/gameplay (or not get it indirectly vie VW fights) into getting the best things of the game when the nerf came. But I guess they're just trying to hold onto their player base by giving them almost whatever they want...?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-07 20:06:44
Link | Citer | R

The ein adjustments are nice, but its not like the limbus gear just became good with this update.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5