Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-31 20:22:38
Link | Citer | R

Latifah said: »
i wonder if the japanese alpha testers will upload some video gameplays
There's an NDA in place so don't expect much, especially stuff like video that can easily be tracked back to a specific player.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-10-31 22:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Yoshida was just quoted on english official forums though saying the devs will regularly be releasing their own gameplay footage and such, so that will be good at least.
 Cerberus.Cyphon
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Seymor
By Cerberus.Cyphon 2012-11-01 08:01:13
Link | Citer | R

I missed the information prob but will we be able to recreate our chars once 2.0 comes out?
By Raldo 2012-11-01 10:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Cyphon said: »
I missed the information prob but will we be able to recreate our chars once 2.0 comes out?
The old character creation options aren't going anywhere. If you want your character to look the same in 2.0, it won't be difficult to achieve.
By Kyree 2012-11-01 20:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Cyphon said: »
Yes you'll be able to remake your char model as you'd like (change race etc)
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-01 21:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Looks pretty and i'm a huge fan of having a nice character to look at but the gameplay needs to not suck. Theyd have to have archer be more fun to play in FFXIV than corsair+ranger is in XI, I don't really see that happening.

Apparently in ARR ranged attackers are going to switch to punching with their fists if something closes to melee range, thats awful if soloing lol.....
By Latifah 2012-11-01 23:45:54
Link | Citer | R

they can hide their name while playing. or bluring stuff on the video. can't wait to re-make my elezen F to roegadyn female^^. i think the game will have a lot of success
 Carbuncle.Veteran
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-02 05:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Looks pretty and i'm a huge fan of having a nice character to look at but the gameplay needs to not suck. Theyd have to have archer be more fun to play in FFXIV than corsair+ranger is in XI, I don't really see that happening.

Apparently in ARR ranged attackers are going to switch to punching with their fists if something closes to melee range, thats awful if soloing lol.....

They did the same in 1.x.

BRD's and Archers were great at soloing. You don't need ammo in ARR either.

But yeah, If you don't want to be a support... don't be a BRD.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 06:26:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm okay with being a support (I pretty much am forever BRD in XI for LS stuff) but I love ranged jobs too. The no more ammo thing is kind of appealing in FFXIV, again i'm hoping the gameplay is a bit more tactical if someone wants to be a ranged DD+bit of support mixed in.

One thing that I find really weird is that all the animations in FFXIV+gameplay vids seem to be sped up slightly and come off as unnatural, i guess i've become accustomed to what feels like slower and less jarring animations in XI.
By Quiznor 2012-11-02 07:09:25
Link | Citer | R

60fps ftw
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 13:40:21
Link | Citer | R

It may just be the framerate I suppose, maybe its the difference between the feel of a 24fps cinema film and 60fps movies looking like home video recordings...
When characters jump or move it seems like gravity/weight of things is off in the animations still.
 Phoenix.Valory
Serveur: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-02 13:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Are they keeping the bizare *** leveling system where you level up a job, switch jobs, but have the option of using a mixture of skills from all your other jobs coupled with the second leveling system which affects you Hp/stats? Seems like they tried to take the beauty of 11's subjob system and the flexibility it provides and go way overboard with it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-02 14:00:41
Link | Citer | R

It's actually like Tactics. You chose a main job and then pick a handful of useful stuff from other jobs. I don't see anything wrong with it.
 Phoenix.Valory
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-02 14:11:30
Link | Citer | R

<warning-blasphemy-alert>

I didn't like tactics.

Granted, I only played it for about an hour.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 15:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
It's actually like Tactics. You chose a main job and then pick a handful of useful stuff from other jobs. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Does that actually work and create any diversity in playstyle or does it all fall into cookiecutter combos making any 'choice' irrelevant cause y'know "gotta max dps/parsing says its 2% better to do this than that/etc "
Part of me wants to play XIV and like it, but super skeptical after my tableflipping hatred for it when I tried it at release >.>
By GraddHelian 2012-11-02 17:55:07
Link | Citer | R

Its slightly different than that now, it used to be you could pick abilities from any Class, and you still technically can if you play classes but jobs generally overpower classes in party scenarios. But once you unlock jobs you can only pick abilities from your sub classes.

Each Job only has 2 sub classes that they can pick 5 abilities from.

For Example:
PLD can only pick abilities from CNJ and MRD.

and

WHM can only pick abilities from GLD and PGL.
By Quiznor 2012-11-02 21:05:10
Link | Citer | R

It may just be the framerate I suppose, maybe its the difference between the feel of a 24fps cinema film and 60fps movies looking like home video recordings...
When characters jump or move it seems like gravity/weight of things is off in the animations still.

Yeah looks like they fall alot faster because of it,im a fan of 60fps thougj,in games only of course. But XIV has a 30fps limiter option for those that feel off by it or have slower computers
By Enuyasha 2012-11-03 04:38:12
Link | Citer | R

some abilities are no argument you NEED to set this. Some abilities it would benefeit you to set them but they are not needed.

for instance Invigorate is a MUST HAVE for any job that gets it from a sub class.

However, DRG gets things like Blinside which while awesome for damage if you know in the event youll be behind the mob 100% of the time youd be better off setting it but if your in an event with lots of hate resets or you can easily rip off the tank (for whatever reason) you might aswell not set it.

There are the cookie cutter skill builds out there (most of it coming from the 1337 FFXI people that like to do all the math and stuff to make "optimal" stuff) but you dont necessarily need this one setup to do this one thing because thats the only thing ever that you are ever going to have the best ever with.
By Xynthios 2012-11-03 17:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Gotta say, I'm loving the look of the new character creation system, it looks very detailed, there seems to be so much you can customize this time around.

The voice options this time also seem to be more varied, there's about 12 voices per race I think.
By eagleeyes 2012-11-03 23:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

Does that actually work and create any diversity in playstyle or does it all fall into cookiecutter combos making any 'choice' irrelevant cause y'know "gotta max dps/parsing says its 2% better to do this than that/etc "
Part of me wants to play XIV and like it, but super skeptical after my tableflipping hatred for it when I tried it at release >.>
It will look normal when you play the game, forcing a 60 frames video to 30 always gives the "speed up" effect.

The only thing I would like change is the text field, I don't like it's color palette, though it's nothing a simple mod couldn't fix if SE allows UI modification through addons.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-11-04 08:03:31
Link | Citer | R

They mentioned allowing UI mods in their original announcment I think but no idea if they are sticking with it.

Enuyasha said: »

some abilities are no argument you NEED to set this. Some abilities it would benefeit you to set them but they are not needed.

for instance Invigorate is a MUST HAVE for any job that gets it from a sub class.

However, DRG gets things like Blinside which while awesome for damage if you know in the event youll be behind the mob 100% of the time youd be better off setting it but if your in an event with lots of hate resets or you can easily rip off the tank (for whatever reason) you might aswell not set it.

There are the cookie cutter skill builds out there (most of it coming from the 1337 FFXI people that like to do all the math and stuff to make "optimal" stuff) but you dont necessarily need this one setup to do this one thing because thats the only thing ever that you are ever going to have the best ever with.
It's actually pritty limited what you would be setting from your sub class abilites as a job. You can't combo the weapon skills making almost all of them a waste of tp (leg sweep if you need a weak AoE for somereason on mnk is all that comes to mind) which puts you at abilites instead. Drg for example I normally go Second wind (self heal) and Blindside (to force a crit on Doom Spike) from pug, Chameleon and Quelling Strike from arc for enmity management. This leaves 1 slot left for either Feather Foot or Decoy which both serve the same puropose of avoiding damage from an AoE and are the only 2 abilities left. The only real room to wiggle would be if you had a tank that let you drop Chameleon to have both Feather Foot and Decoy or if there was enough healing going around to drop second wind.

Classes don't get much use in parties but are usefull for solo/low man because you can pull abilites from all classes so there is alot more variety. For example if you are solo you would want your buffs set along with cure and second wind where as low man only one person really needs to set those so you will be adjusting fairly often depending on the situation.

It's more SEs way of encouraging you to play with all the classes atleast a bit since most of the abilites are gained at low levels. All that said going into ARR only the alpha testers have any idea what it will be like so far.

Xynthios said: »
Gotta say, I'm loving the look of the new character creation system, it looks very detailed, there seems to be so much you can customize this time around.

The voice options this time also seem to be more varied, there's about 12 voices per race I think.
I'm releived that they did options from a list again rather than sliders... I know sliders give alot more freedom but I always seem to find something messed up with their face that didn't really show in the CCs lighting. Not a big deal in single player games but if I'm gunna be looking at the character for years possibly it would bug me XD