PS3?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » PS3?
PS3?
By fallenraine 2012-07-25 09:59:21
Link | Citer | R

I have a question.. Do you guys think that they will have a free 2.0 download for Ps3? Maybe on the PSN like i heard they are doing the beta. I have bought 2 copies of ffxiv for PC and played from beta til a few months ago when my Comp crash and burned.. :/ decided to wait on Ps3 release to play because it'll be cheaper system wise. don't wanna have to pay $60 x2 again ; ;
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-25 10:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Probably not. But that's just a guess.
 Leviathan.Cocien
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cocien
By Leviathan.Cocien 2012-07-25 10:45:21
Link | Citer | R

No, the list price, as of right now, for the ps3 version is $60. If you wanted to play XI on the 360 or PS2 you had to buy the corresponding version regardless of whether or not you had purchased for PC. Also, verifying that users own the pc version to enable a free download for ps3 would probably be more of a hassle than it's worth for SE to do something like that.
By fallenraine 2012-07-25 10:55:34
Link | Citer | R

yea i know just kinda lame lmao
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-26 07:48:33
Link | Citer | R

You would only need to play the 60$ once by the way just to get the install disks. From there you should be able to use the same accounts as the PC. So if you have a friend who has been waiting for it on PS3 you can probably just borrow the disk(s?) off him and install or split the cost with a friend.
By EstharFalcus 2012-07-26 08:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
You would only need to play the 60$ once by the way just to get the install disks. From there you should be able to use the same accounts as the PC. So if you have a friend who has been waiting for it on PS3 you can probably just borrow the disk(s?) off him and install or split the cost with a friend.
You'll need to have the disc in the system to play it.
This is standard for games on any console that has a disc release. You always have to have the disc in to play, otherwise you could just buy the game, install and then return the game to the store.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-26 09:04:06
Link | Citer | R

EstharFalcus said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
You'll need to have the disc in the system to play it. This is standard for games on any console that has a disc release. You always have to have the disc in to play, otherwise you could just buy the game, install and then return the game to the store.
Are you sure? I was basing my guess off XI since it has never needed the disk for anything other then the install unless it is required for Xbox. Idk for sure but I'd guess stores have something in place for games that require a regestration code to actually play.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2012-07-26 09:43:50
Link | Citer | R

EstharFalcus said: »
You'll need to have the disc in the system to play it.
This is standard for games on any console that has a disc release. You always have to have the disc in to play, otherwise you could just buy the game, install and then return the game to the store.

That was the case for FFXI on the XBOX360 because it was Microsoft's Policy. On the PS2 the discs purpose was just install/reinstall so you were not required to have the disc on the system to play if the software was installed. The disc could be used to boot up the game faster after a change on the POL install/boot mechanism when CoP released.

Still I am not sure what will be SONY policy for this with the PS3. But judging from how it works with the PS2, there's a good chance the disc will be again used just for the install.

Also, the BD-ROM drive in the PS3 is slow *** enough to make them want to avoid using it like plague, on a "fast paced" MMORPG game. (sarcasm intended)
By EstharFalcus 2012-07-26 11:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Mostly a guess but I'd assume it'll be like every other disc based PS3 release.
You put in the disc and even if you can install the game to the HDD, you still require the disc to play it (a lot of games install to the HDD due to the slow BD but you need the disc to play it)

Also I only played the PC/360 versions of FFXI so didn't know FFXI worked like that on PS2 :P
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-26 11:48:16
Link | Citer | R

There are alot of disk based games that you can get as a download as well IE Dragon age... the most likly situation is that you will install the games client, same as the pc, and the rest of the game will be downloaded form there not off the disk.
By EstharFalcus 2012-07-27 06:57:29
Link | Citer | R

The PS3 cannot install a startup to the HDD via the disc.
If you get the disc copy, it is not possible for the PS3 to startup the game without the disc in (without using custom firmware, but using CFW would make it so you can't go online with your PS3)

Disc based games are available to download from the PS store, BUT you need to pay for those separately. Even if you have a physical copy, you cannot just download it, you'd need to pay again for that digital download.

If they release a digital copy of the game, you'll be able to play it on up to 2 PS3 systems at a time.
The disc though, I'm 99% sure will be required to be in the system to play it (the 1% is in case Sony release an update for the PS3 that allows you to play a disc based game without the disc in the system)
By Fyyvoaa 2012-07-27 07:22:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm still holding onto the hope that they release it so current subscribers can get a free copy ... or a reduced price copy that is only the game install without a code...

I will be playing on the PS3 or at least will be getting a copy for when I am at my friends house and want to derp around.
By astoy05 2012-07-27 08:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Any release date yet?
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-07-27 09:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Baby Jebus said: »
Any release date yet?
No.
By EstharFalcus 2012-07-27 16:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Catnipthief Rygar said: »
I'm still holding onto the hope that they release it so current subscribers can get a free copy ... or a reduced price copy that is only the game install without a code...

I will be playing on the PS3 or at least will be getting a copy for when I am at my friends house and want to derp around.
Always the chance that they could put a free digital download up for the client on the PS store and have a separate option to buy a CD key.
Unlikely but possible!
By Fyyvoaa 2012-07-27 16:50:18
Link | Citer | R

I'll pay for it ... if it's reduced price... and no CD key... I don't need a second one, I just want the game.
By Zenaku14 2012-07-28 01:32:52
Link | Citer | R

You would have to pay full price for the ps3 version of ffxiv there no way they going to give us other discount when most of us be paying 9.99$ for the game to start with.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-07-28 05:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Zenaku14 said: »
You would have to pay full price for the ps3 version of ffxiv there no way they going to give us other discount when most of us be paying 9.99$ for the game to start with.

just seems stupid on their part to make us buy another copy of the game, with another key that will never be used, they need to have a full version, and a subscriber version (ie, one that just has the game install) full version of course would be the standard 59.99 as per new PS3 games, but I'd like it to see a subscriber version with at least a 50% off (so like 29.99)
By Zenaku14 2012-07-28 16:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Catnipthief Rygar said: »
Zenaku14 said: »

just seems stupid on their part to make us buy another copy of the game, with another key that will never be used, they need to have a full version, and a subscriber version (ie, one that just has the game install) full version of course would be the standard 59.99 as per new PS3 games, but I'd like it to see a subscriber version with at least a 50% off (so like 29.99)

Problem is they don't make money off the Key code they make money of selling you the CD/Box so they have to get money back somehow. Maybe you can download it off the psn for a cheap price who knows.
By EstharFalcus 2012-07-28 18:18:21
Link | Citer | R

You're paying to be able to play on that platform.
Just because I've bought a game once, doesn't mean I can play it on every platform I own that it is released on and businesses will take advantage of it to make money

EG: I owned Disgaea 3 on PS3. When it released on Vita I still needed to buy it again.
I owned MGS HD on PS3, when it came out for Vita I had to pay for that again even though I was using the same saves on the 2 platforms.

It costs money for them to release the game on the PS3. What they charge for the box makes up for what they paid to port it to that system. They need to make money from what they paid to have it ported and selling the disc/client covers that. (you may pay subscription fees, but in your situation you'd still be paying the fee for PC regardless)

It's common practice for companies to charge you for each platform you play a game on, moreso on consoles.

Also keep in mind that on the SE account management page, it lists what platform your account is for. You may need to use the registration code that comes with the PS3 version to be able to play your account on a PS3. (I'm not saying it's going to happen, just a speculation on possiblities)
By Fyyvoaa 2012-07-28 18:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Oh I don't mind paying for it, I'm just hoping they sell a download only version rather then having to buy a full copy of it key and all.

Seems a bit of a waste if I have to buy a new key that will never be used.
 Lakshmi.Kadengt
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Kadengt
By Lakshmi.Kadengt 2012-08-01 20:45:34
Link | Citer | R

i'll be getting it most likely, but would have to adjust from heavy keyboard+mouse usage to a controller.
By Thanzo187 2012-08-01 21:45:06
Link | Citer | R

Ps3 can install ffxi so I dont see why they cant do the same with XIV
By Eijii 2012-08-02 21:47:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kadengt said: »
i'll be getting it most likely, but would have to adjust from heavy keyboard+mouse usage to a controller.
You should be able to use Keyboard and Mouse on your PS3... AND controller all at the same time.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-08-03 07:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kadengt said: »
The interface for the PS3 version is remodeled around using a controller so either way it would take some adjustment to transfer.
 Lakshmi.Kadengt
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Kadengt
By Lakshmi.Kadengt 2012-08-04 00:05:43
Link | Citer | R

yeah it would, had to have that adjustment when i went from KB+Mouse to ps2 pad in ffxi too lol.