Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Heavy metal plates
Heavy metal plates
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 03:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Been on the Ukkon 95 trial for 7 jmonths. My question is which VW iNM is best for dropping HMP's. I have been buying them but tired of always being broke. Any help/ advice would be appericated !!!! Thank you....
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-11 03:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Going by my own epxerience and that of my friends, Uptala puts out more often than Qilin. Seriously, I get more plates on T3 Jeuno mobs in the form of singles, than in the total of pouches I ever get from Qilin. *** QILIN!!!
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-11 03:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Akvan made me an offer I wasn't interested in but couldn't refuse.
I often go 2-4/6 on HMPs (and more importantly, bands!!!) in place of ever seeing Heka body.

Other than that, another good deal of HMP may come from Qilin due to how much he is spammed, rather than how often he drops HMP pouches. It's not too bad of a thing to go purchase high amounts of HMP in one pouch while going for more on your own. GL Bbb
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 03:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Thank you so much!!!!! I have been doing everything I can think of to finally finish this trial . Any tips and advice is welcome !!!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-11 03:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Basicly just join Zilart T3 shouts when you see them, their droprate for pouches and singles should be very similar.
Recently went 2\12 on pouches from Qilin!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-11 03:32:13
Link | Citer | R

I never get a single pouch from Qilin :| while I usually go 4/6 or 5/6 singles on Pil, Kaggen and Akvan.
I guess Qilin just hates me...or didn't understand that I already have Fajin boots and I don't want to get them 645 more times.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-11 03:33:57
Link | Citer | R

I think I'm allergic to shoes from VW stuff :<
No shoes from either Pil or Qilin on either character >_>
Just gives me everything I don't really need instead!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 03:34:38
Link | Citer | R

I have had horrible luck with pouchs. I have 1351 HMP's in the MM box. Been selling empy items , souls , farming scrolls , etc. I did the math and I could have 5 LVL85 weapons with all the items I sold. Just in need of a change and thought I would give VW a try again . But I want to be successful so I thought I would hit up the FF vets for advice . Thanks again guys!!!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-11 03:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Also offtopic:
You really need to get rajas\brutal! ;) :p
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-11 03:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Been on the Ukkon 95 trial for 7 jmonths. My question is which VW iNM is best for dropping HMP's. I have been buying them but tired of always being broke. Any help/ advice would be appericated !!!! Thank you....

I honestly think it's more efficient to farm gil and just buy them, at least for me....I'm like 14 heavy metal(3 pouches total) from 300~400 Qilin, Uptala/Aello isn't much better, not to mention there are rarely /shout....the time to make shout pt or camp /shout can farm a lot more gil. I really only do Qilin for a chance for HQ dagger. I've heard stories of 8 qilin 40 metals, but that really depend on your luck.(Rarely get any gil drop in VW personally)

Single wasn't much better(although still a bit better)I'm usually 0~1 plate per T3 x4 run. Rarely get 2 plates per 4 pops, most of the time either 0 or 1.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 03:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Lol, your right!!! But I finally got my zelus and tyrants!!!! Slowly un-gimping!!!
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-11 03:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind another value in some singles/pouches NMs. Pulse cells.
If you set yourself to getting just HMP and find no need for the glowing drop (whether it be a weapon or a body) you could always turn it into a cell that sells for a couple Mil on AH (provided of course you get THAT lucky).
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 03:48:54
Link | Citer | R

These are all great ideas . I never even considered the cell idea. But it sounds good..
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-11 03:51:19
Link | Citer | R

In my experience Pil is good for getting cells, he seems to ***out Toci's harness like crazy, specially after you get your first one.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-11 03:52:06
Link | Citer | R

Plates on T3 have a fairly high drop rate, but it depends if you're willing to buy from the other people there as well. Let's say being optimistic Akvan drops an average of 5 plates per alli, Qilin on the other hand with the same optismis 2 pouches with an average of 8 plates each. Qilin has obviously higher amounts then, however it's less consistent and you have to deal with the potential customers competitors. All of them are easy to kill(I'd avoid Pil though, somehow people derp big time on that one...but that's just my experience)and both are viable options depending on your approach.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 03:57:55
Link | Citer | R

I am willing to try anything , do anything . 7 plus months is a long time for 1 trial !!! Almost quit the game because it seems so impossible.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-11 04:02:42
Link | Citer | R

How many plates have you gotten so far?
Hope you manage to finish soon :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 04:13:08
Link | Citer | R

I need 149 more plates I believe to finish . On a good. and bad note though. Summer is my busy time. vI have tripled my client load, looking to buy another house , have a major show coming up and phootshoots. So when I have my play time I need to efficient !! Hence coming here to ask all you great FF minds for advice !!!
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-07-11 04:14:53
Link | Citer | R

I personally would stick to Qilin (I've done 100s for plates) feel tree to try the other zilart T3s, I generally don't do them because it takes longer to form groups for.
Ideally you'll bring a lot of cash with you and friends that aren't collecting plates, lots more chances to get plates and hopefully at a good price.
Keep in mind luck is a huge factor and sometimes you just have to grind, I've gone through 30~40 Qilins without a pouch then last night I got 2 in 6 Qilins.

Don't forget about the cruor too! I no longer trade cells now and I accumulate so much cruor from Qilin, a x12 run will net me 240k which if blinkered is 600k gil, 6 more plates!
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 04:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Nerji said: »
I personally would stick to Qilin (I've done 100s for plates) feel tree to try the other zilart T3s, I generally don't do them because it takes longer to form groups for.
Ideally you'll bring a lot of cash with you and friends that aren't collecting plates, lots more chances to get plates and hopefully at a good price.
Keep in mind luck is a huge factor and sometimes you just have to grind, I've gone through 30~40 Qilins without a pouch then last night I got 2 in 6 Qilins.

Don't forget about the cruor too! I no longer trade cells now and I accumulate so much cruor from Qilin, a x12 run will net be 240k which if blinkered is 600k gil, 6 more plates!
I like this idea also!!!
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-07-11 04:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Since the release of cells, VW is being spammed on Bahamut almost 24/7. HMP prices are crashing fast. Avg price was 130-140k a few weeks ago, now around 100-110k with hundreds for sale at 110k listed through GW here.

My main source of gil has been coming from cruor through VW lately. Cells/HMP a bonus if they drop.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 17:24:14
Link | Citer | R

That's it moving !!!
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-07-11 17:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Have been pretty stable @ 100-110k on Bismarck for last 4 months or more.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-07-11 17:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
Since the release of cells, VW is being spammed on Bahamut almost 24/7. HMP prices are crashing fast. Avg price was 130-140k a few weeks ago, now around 100-110k with hundreds for sale at 110k listed through GW here.

My main source of gil has been coming from cruor through VW lately. Cells/HMP a bonus if they drop.

Still 110k~120k on Rag, didn't noticed much change at all.....
However cinder/dross gone up like crazy, cinder was like 1M~1.5M a few days ago.

At least I already finished this damn long trial, so no need to worry about HMP price anymore D;
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-11 17:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Always 100-120 on Phoenix...with the occasional 130 that everyone ignores. I'd never buy a pouch tbh, a gamble not worth the risk.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-11 18:18:47
Link | Citer | R

I've had a theory BBB, and I don't want to hijack your thread with it, but it may be a worth a try. I haven't made the time to try yet because I don't really spam Qilin or anything right now, so haven't had the opportunity to test it... but here goes.

Rubicund Cells improve Quality of drops. For sake of the argument (And this is the weakness of the argument. The whole theory rides on this assumption.):

Qilin:
HQ4: Coruscanti
HQ3: Lux Pugio
HQ2: Fajin Boots
HQ: Houyi's Gorget
NQ: Heavy Metal Pouch

If we assume that higher tiers of items are unlocked with the more ruby you have, Rubicund cells can actually lower your drop rate of HMPPs because it increases the number of drops possible for the HQ slot.

Cobalt cells on the other hand increase the amount of drop slots you have. We know there is only one HQ drop slot, and you don't always get the HQ slot, but in my opinion, Cobalt gives you a higher chance of receiving that HQ slot. Suppose there's 10 slots total, 1 being the HQ slot. If we receive 5/6 slots, it's over a 50% chance of receiving the HQ slot.

So with low ruby and high cobalt, you have a higher chance of receiving the NQ drop... IF HMPP is the NQ drop, this would be a boon to anyone hunting them. The question would then be, at what ruby threshold is each HQ tier unlocked, and how can we control this efficiently.

Food for thought.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-11 18:55:37
Link | Citer | R

You're almost there big man, just keep pushing. Crack some ammonium salts‎ and treat these last few like a PR attempt.

If you aren't already doing Dynamis and Salvage regularly, those can increase your daily income quite a bit. Outside of crafting (when it's good) and mercing, those are probably the two most efficient ways of bringing home the heavy metal bacon. (This does not apply to raging Frenchman).
 Cerberus.Sevvy
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-07-11 18:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I've had a theory BBB, and I don't want to hijack your thread with it, but it may be a worth a try. I haven't made the time to try yet because I don't really spam Qilin or anything right now, so haven't had the opportunity to test it... but here goes.

Rubicund Cells improve Quality of drops. For sake of the argument (And this is the weakness of the argument. The whole theory rides on this assumption.):

Qilin:
HQ4: Coruscanti
HQ3: Lux Pugio
HQ2: Fajin Boots
HQ: Houyi's Gorget
NQ: Heavy Metal Pouch

If we assume that higher tiers of items are unlocked with the more ruby you have, Rubicund cells can actually lower your drop rate of HMPPs because it increases the number of drops possible for the HQ slot.

Cobalt cells on the other hand increase the amount of drop slots you have. We know there is only one HQ drop slot, and you don't always get the HQ slot, but in my opinion, Cobalt gives you a higher chance of receiving that HQ slot. Suppose there's 10 slots total, 1 being the HQ slot. If we receive 5/6 slots, it's over a 50% chance of receiving the HQ slot.

So with low ruby and high cobalt, you have a higher chance of receiving the NQ drop... IF HMPP is the NQ drop, this would be a boon to anyone hunting them. The question would then be, at what ruby threshold is each HQ tier unlocked, and how can we control this efficiently.

Food for thought.

I actually like this idea and would realistically make more sense than how we see it while we know HQ4 is coruscanti, how do we know HMP doesn't fit into one of the other HQ tiers. A pouch is much more valuable to most than the neck so are we assuming that HQ is based on gear then crafting/trial mats are lesser?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-07-11 22:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Thanks to all for posting here!! I this bookmarked on my phone for
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-11 22:41:41
Link | Citer | R