Dusk Mask Good For PLD DD?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Dusk Mask good for PLD DD?
Dusk Mask good for PLD DD?
 Garuda.Ishkur
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-22 01:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Enternius said:
Dasva said:
Depends on the mob but it will definitely be more then .2 dmg thats just silly.

I think it's about 4-6 damage. Worthless to be thinking DEF > All on PLD.

im not thinking its greater then all and again really depends on your current def and the mobs. And where its falling in the high or low end of the pdif. But on average unless your fighting somethign that is doing hardly any dmg yeah itll make more of a diff then that. Not to mention the Vit. But test it yourself if your not lowering your recast timer why are you using it?

You have to add food to all my sayings, cuz I am based on high lvl mob tanking where you normally do take def food, just to be safe. Taking HP food is not bad either since it'll lead in a lesser CE enmity loss.

On low level mobs *** PLD tanking lol a SAM with Seigan will do more DMG and take less hits if he is good :P Or a NIN won't get hit at all and also outDD you.

So back to high lvl mobs I preffer to do stuff that will keep the mob hitting me (or my shadows) rather than me doing more dmg.
And I feel that the 25 def won't make a difference in that department. And I feel thet +30MP and HP (for less CE loss and an extra flash, I am galka, understand the needing of MP) and the 1% haste help me more than +5STR, DEX and VIT and def. As general as PLD, as DD w/o a doubt the askar is better
 Garuda.Zhi
Serveur: Garuda
user: Zhi
By Garuda.Zhi 2009-05-22 02:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
ahem. I see a pld switching to a peice with 0 def ill slap him the second i see him take a hit slap again. 1-2% more haste aint gonna make that much difference hell it might not make any. all taht def will.

/sigh
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 03:06:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

im getting lost in this convo big time

Are we talking about a DD PLD

Or

Is whoring haste on pld good?

anyways on PLD/nin its all about the haste for shadows casting and recasting time

toss in a flash b4 casting shadows or event toss in reprisal (good 300 shield skill or so)

and you should be fine

Walamart turban is just too sexy for PLD to Ignore (5% haste and 30mp!) that's an extra flash and a big chunk of haste

anyways don't mix a tanking PLD with a DD PLD it won't work

Trust me you will 1) wont have the inventory space to hold that much gear 2) will be focusing on DD too much and when you do get hit -.- your gonna get raped

~~~~~ My bro is a 75 PLD and I play his char everyday so I know what im talking about
 Asura.Zekky
Serveur: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-22 03:37:08
Link | Citer | R

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... WHOA. o.o;;

Three pages on a simple question that was answered on the first page... srsly?

He just wanted to know what would make a nice DD head piece for soloing probably or when he's just out with his friends or LS members. Lets all just take deep breaths and relax. ._.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-05-22 03:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Dusk no. Askar yes. If you don't have it go for Turban. 5% stacked with other haste gear will have you swing way more times throughout (whatever event/party you are doing) than lolhomamhead. Someone said it has magic acc, ok... unresisted Holy? The 4acc or w/e it is, is also moot, you're using an A+ weapon you'll hit if you're serious about a DD set up. Merit sword, Haub+1, +acc rings, Homam. Go go Atonement spam. If this is just for basic XP mobs you won't really have many accuracy issues if you have the other slots filled out.
 Asura.Zekky
Serveur: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-22 03:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Darkanaseur said:
Someone said it has magic acc, ok... unresisted Holy?

What about an unresisted flash? O.o That can be pretty nice. And I like wearing the homam myself. Turban and Askar clash with my other three homam pieces. ; ; That's why I'm wearing it on my profile. Just to look pretty in it. =3
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-05-22 03:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Sure I don't see why you can't macro it for Flash, I do with head and Gallant+1 body, more often than not it still remains resisted but w/e. He meant for TP'ing.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-22 08:52:52
Link | Citer | R

tl;dr Change jobs to DD.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-22 09:01:50
Link | Citer | R

If you're not making some attempt at "DD PLD" in the form of Atonement spam on most endgame mobs, refine your PLD.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-22 09:02:58
Link | Citer | R

PLDs DD? since when O.o
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-22 09:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Since Atonement and/or Excalibur =P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-22 09:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Raenryong said:
Since Atonement and/or Excalibur =P

/shakes head

wait... what O.o?!

User submitted image
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-22 09:09:39
Link | Citer | R

Never seen what an Excal PLD is capable of? :O Even Atonement is good hate and decent damage, better than idling in enmity like most PLDs do..
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-22 09:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Raenryong said:
Never seen what an Excal PLD is capable of? :O Even Atonement is good hate and decent damage, better than idling in enmity like most PLDs do..

Oh, I know, I was just having some fun
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-22 09:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Just making sure :P most people are still quite locked into the "dark ages" when it comes to Paladin.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-22 09:16:43
Link | Citer | R

Raenryong said:
Just making sure :P most people are still quite locked into the "dark ages" when it comes to Paladin.

Chances are though if they are asking about DDing PLDs they don't have Atonment and won't for a while.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-22 09:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh, in exp you should be DDing with +Shield gear on from 59+~ or so I'd say. No point turtling in aht exp <_<
 Caitsith.Gdubbz
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Gdubbz
By Caitsith.Gdubbz 2009-05-22 10:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Thunderz said:

Trust me you will 1) wont have the inventory space to hold that much gear 2) will be focusing on DD too much and when you do get hit -.- your gonna get raped

~~~~~ My bro is a 75 PLD and I play his char everyday so I know what im talking about

1) Satchel or no, still enough room.
2) Macro properly and swap back to tank sets for each situation.

DD PLD is such a toss up conversation, statistically speaking it's viable. PLD has access to so much, but a lot of player base won't have the gear readily available to them.

Paladin can perform very well DDing at 75, but honestly how much time do you want to invest in gear that gets more use elsewhere like Hecatomb.

For the OP: As far as Mask choices go for DD PLD. There isn't much to look at non rare/ex. Dusk Mask is just too bleh. Use W.Turban or Optical Hat for mobs with huge evasion. If you want to commit to it, Ares' Mask or Askar and Hecatomb for non atonement ws.

Go big or go home summarizes true DD PLD.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-05-22 10:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Darkanaseur said:
Dusk no. Askar yes. If you don't have it go for Turban. 5% stacked with other haste gear will have you swing way more times throughout (whatever event/party you are doing) than lolhomamhead.

Going to agree with this guy, a lot of the 2nd page arguement on what the difference in haste on the different heads did for recast timers/weapon delay wasn't taking into account the difference it has when stacked, w.turban gives 20% haste when you have haste spell on you nice round number, askar gives 19% etc.

Might only be a small difference but the closer you can get to the equipment max of 25% haste the higher the dps curve goes.

Really, to do respectable damage on PLD you should have atonement or have been playing for several years and have more gil and HNM gear than you know what to do with. STR does next to nothing for a PLD DDing with atonement, should focus on max haste build and getting acc to 85%+ which is why I suggested w.turban/o-hat for the OP.

Raenryong said:
Oh, in exp you should be DDing with +Shield gear on from 59+~ or so I'd say. No point turtling in aht exp <_<

Depends on how fast the party is at killing, you dont want to be taking extra damage and sponging mp in a DD yet poor straight tank build because the party isn't killing as fast as they should, personaly hate having a pld that takes as much dmg as a DD might as well rep him and get a SAM or DRG.

But for the good parties you're right, chip in doing as much DD as you can to speed things along.

Edit: Totaly agree with Gdubbz^^
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Serveur: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-05-22 10:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Gdubbz said:

Go big or go home summarizes true DD PLD.

I couldnt agree more.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-22 10:25:28
Link | Citer | R

1. For the OP, dusk mask is blu onry, use Ohat/Iron Ram/Walmart/Koenig for different situations.

2. If you don't think pld can be a halfway DD then your an idiot and need to cut yourself.

3. If your a pld using homam head for ANYTHING other than full set town gear, your garbage and need to quit this game before you infect the rest of us with your stupidity.

4. Turban and Koenig are both fine to cast ichi in, depending on the rest of your ***.

5. Askar head on pld = /facepalm

6. My Pld doesn't have to be 75 for me to be a better pld than you.
After going oldschool and tanking everything on Nin, Pld is EASY
[+]
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-05-22 11:01:06
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
3. If your a pld using homam head for ANYTHING other than full set town gear, your garbage and need to quit this game before you infect the rest of us with your stupidity.

/troll ON

This one made me laugh so hard, assuming the person who is saying that is a smart god sent XD

sadly, for once i agree about the bad side of homam head on PLD :/
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2505 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Vuq
Serveur: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-31 15:00:24
Link | Citer | R

So dusk mask is no good for paladin?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.