Konzen-Ittai Failure
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Pud
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Pud
By Lakshmi.Pud 2012-03-07 17:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so I've never been any good at skillchain timing.. Despite trying different wait times, somehow I just don't get it.

So, I decided to set up a macro for: Konzen-ittai > Shoha

/ja "Konzen-ittai" <t>
/wait x
/ws "Tachi: Shoha" <t>

For x, I've tried using 3,4,5 and 6, but haven't got a SC once. Mobs are left with HP, so not as if Shoha is killing before SC.

Where am I going wrong?
 Asura.Kaisuko
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-07 17:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Are you possibly changing gear as SC goes off and you just don't see it?
The SC should be available the second the mob is chainbound.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-03-07 17:24:42
Link | Citer | R

did you change eq right after ws?

try blinkmenot, etc.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-07 17:26:12
Link | Citer | R

What they said. If you swap out of your WS gear, or swap into WS gear while an animation is on you and your character WSs in TP gear, you'll gearswap after the animation, and the animation won't parse, but the damage will have been done. It just won't show in your log.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kluaf
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Kluaf
By Phoenix.Kluaf 2012-03-07 17:35:10
Link | Citer | R

i was told to wait 4 secs after the animation ended from the 1st ws to do the 2nd it works every time for me but diff ws animations may last longer shoha compared to gekko maybe so for macros idk but the 4 sec thing works fine for me ...
 Lakshmi.Pud
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Pud
By Lakshmi.Pud 2012-03-07 17:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Ah, gearswap sounds very plausible. I hadn't realised that would stop SC animation showing.

I don't gearswap for Konzen, but then gearswap for Shoha.

I'll test with blinkmenot.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-07 17:38:25
Link | Citer | R

I love it when a SAM waits too long after using it. Gives me time to steal it. >:D
[+]
 Phoenix.Eckeward
Serveur: Phoenix
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2012-03-08 03:27:10
Link | Citer | R

I don't think there's a minimum time on chainbound. I hit the WS macro as soon as I see the JA go off, works everytime.(unless I miss)

Is it just me or does higher TP mean higher chance of missing? -.-
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-03-08 03:36:46
Link | Citer | R

i ws within 2 seconds of using the JA everytime, and i can't say that i've ever missed a SC before.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-03-08 03:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
I love it when a SAM waits too long after using it. Gives me time to steal it. >:D

This will NOT be tolerated!! Get your own mirror skillchain job ability ;)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-03-08 03:43:32
Link | Citer | R

The time on konzen is the same as any regular SC, meaning it has a minimum time. Even if you dont get the animation the damage the skillchain did would still come up in the log. Best to just check your log and see if the damage comes up. That way you know if you are just missing the animation or actually the SC. Hope this helps =)
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-03-08 04:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
The time on konzen is the same as any regular SC, meaning it has a minimum time. Even if you dont get the animation the damage the skillchain did would still come up in the log. Best to just check your log and see if the damage comes up. That way you know if you are just missing the animation or actually the SC. Hope this helps =)

false. You can blink the skillchain where it won't show up in the log
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-03-08 04:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

:O I never actually knew this, was not trying to mislead anyone
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-03-08 04:34:46
Link | Citer | R

You have 99 sam and you never noticed this, that's a bit uhh.... worrying? :/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-03-08 04:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »

Not only is it Lv99 but SAM is also very much my main
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2012-03-08 04:42:56
Link | Citer | R

This JA is NOT like a normal WS if u wait any longer than 2 maybe a max of 3 seconds ull miss it, you have to WS almost right away with the JA
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-03-08 04:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »

Well I dont think not knowing this is actually impairing my SAM in anyway? Glad it was corrected though as like I said was not trying to mislead anyone.

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
This JA is NOT like a normal WS if u wait any longer than 2 maybe a max of 3 seconds ull miss it, you have to WS almost right away with the JA

I was always under the impression it was a normal SC window which lasts a few seconds, I have never timed it but I usually wait my normal "heartbeat" then WS after konzen is up. Will have a further play around with it later when I get back on.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-03-08 05:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Well I just thought you would have noticed the sc damage not showing in chat log. Hope it doesn't mean you don't gearswap! :P
[+]
By Keyoku 2012-03-08 05:22:29
Link | Citer | R

I'd have to agree with Ghaleon, if you ws before the 3sec mark, you should be fine. And as Josiahkf said, the duration on any Chainbound is / feels way shorter than the SC window from an actual ws. This also holds true for DNC's Wild Flourish. The duration description on BG for both seem false and the description on wiki, too. Am not logged on to try it atm, but I highly doubt that you'd get a SC started 7 sec after using Konzen-Ittai.
On a personal note, I prefer to not wait after Konzen-Ittai at all. A) Why would I wait not just ws as soon as I can after using it? ^^ and b) if you're in a pt, any other member can "use" up your Chainbound with any of their ws. Don't let them steal your Sc! (unless you're opening for them of course ^^).
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-08 05:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Citrelautame said: »
Yes and no.

It's easier to miss a self SC with Konzen by going too soon than too late, really. I'm not going to give a specific number of seconds to wait, it's just a feeling as SCs have been forever. It would be nice if someone had calculated the frame data and could explain clearly when you can WS and when you can not (whether it is too soon or too late).

The window starts when your GK animation reaches its climax, when the "circle" starts to appear, not before. And even then, I think that if you go too soon in the circle animation, you won't get it. You are perfectly safe to wait one second after the complete animation is done, though, if you really want to be safe on both too soon/too slow parts, this is probably the sweet spot.

@Keyoku:

I use a 0,9 wait in some of my WS macros and if Konzen is followed by one of these, it's a guaranteed fail. If you add the time between the use of Konzen and the actual firing of the WS, it should reach 1,2-1,5 seconds. Which mean that the window opens after 1,5, at least. This is roughly the time it takes for your GK to reach its climax in the animation, this is only used as a visual mark to help understand the timing, it has nothing to do with the actual timing.

Also, depending on lag and such, it might not be the best thing to use. But from there, you can easily understand your own timing and self SC easily.
[+]
By Keyoku 2012-03-08 06:12:48
Link | Citer | R

Hm. I don't have Konzen in a specific macro, as I like to have a choice on which WS to use (on weak mobs, Konzen + Shoha, then sometimes Konzen + Kasha + Fudo for double Light if Sekka is up, etc). Anyway, I use Konzen and I immediatelly use my ws macro after. That probably equates to a 1 sec wait, tho I wanna say it feels like it's less than that and not once have I gone too soon. I'm doubting the animation of Konzen-Ittai itself has anything to do with when to ws. As long as you use it before the ws, I really don't think you go too soon and thus miss the SC window. This sounded more eloquent in my head. I hope it's not a confusing post.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-08 07:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

I've noticed this only recently. Until recently I've never had an issue with my weapon skill not picking up Konzen-Ittai. But in the past few weeks in Dynamis I've had a few KI "misfires" where I use the ability and then immediately weapon skill....and it doesn't skilchain.

Until just the past few weeks I've never had this problem, but more recently I've found I need to give it a second to breath or so before I weapon skill. It's kind of irritating, because as mentioned above, it is more time for someone else to steal it. Which isn't an issue of malice for us (that is, my wife and I in Dynamis) but our thief mule's weapon skills tend to be quite weak compared to mine. I almost feel like it’s just been a bit buggy since the last update.

It’s not terribly hard to adjust, it’s just odd that it’s started working differently in recent weeks.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-08 07:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Keyoku said: »
Hm. I don't have Konzen in a specific macro, as I like to have a choice on which WS to use (on weak mobs, Konzen + Shoha, then sometimes Konzen + Kasha + Fudo for double Light if Sekka is up, etc). Anyway, I use Konzen and I immediatelly use my ws macro after. That probably equates to a 1 sec wait, tho I wanna say it feels like it's less than that and not once have I gone too soon. I'm doubting the animation of Konzen-Ittai itself has anything to do with when to ws. As long as you use it before the ws, I really don't think you go too soon and thus miss the SC window. This sounded more eloquent in my head. I hope it's not a confusing post.

What you're saying makes sense, and it's the way I've been using the ability as well. But I have noticed this method "failing" as described above recently.

Additionally, I've been using blinkmenot when these "hiccups" occur, so I'm not bliking out and not seeing the skillchain.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-03-08 07:52:13
Link | Citer | R

I have been experiencing it since it was added. I had never tried the DNC equivalent so I didn't know exactly how it would work: would it emulate a SC situation, where you need to delay slightly or would it work like a buff, ready as soon as it's unleashed?

I found myself missing every self SC with Konzen if I would WS straight away. That's how I came up with this animation mark to help me WS the soonest possible, but not too soon. It has worked perfectly ever since. Some other DDs paying attention can still steal the self SC, so can random WSs, as it's humanly not easy to hit the window when it opens, nothing we can do about it unfortunately.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-08 07:59:29
Link | Citer | R

Well...again, the thing is, I've never had issues until recently. Maybe I've just been rushing it a bit more than usual recently. Will just have to adjust either way.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-03-08 08:05:22
Link | Citer | R

When you use it, it inflicts the chainbound status on an enemy that lasts around 3 second. If you fail to use it in that period, the chainbound effect wears. So, immediately after using the ja, weaponskill and skillchain will fire.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-08 08:17:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nevill said: »
When you use it, it inflicts the chainbound status on an enemy that lasts around 3 second. If you fail to use it in that period, the chainbound effect wears. So, immediately after using the ja, weaponskill and skillchain will fire.

No.

The phenomena we're describing is that when you weapon skill too soon following the use of the ability, no skillchain is occuring.

What you described is how it's worked previously/is supposed to work.

But recently -- at least for me -- it's been requiring I give it a second or two or else it does not apply correctly.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-08 08:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Also, to further add to the confusion, I've noticed at least once that the ability "had no effect" on the mob. It was on a treant in Dynamis - Valkurm. I did not, however, screenshot it. I will if it happens again. There was no dancer or additional samurai in party for any sort of "already chainbound" status issue, so I'm not clear on what happened there.

My initial thought was that it happened because someone else had just used a weapon skill, but if that were the case I'd see it far more frequently in VW, and I don't.
By Evangelist 2012-03-08 08:29:25
Link | Citer | R

I have used Konzen->Shoha too fast and not received the skillchain. I usually wait until the animation is about half way over(From konzen) and then WS.
First Page 2