Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » macro keyboard
macro keyboard
 Bahamut.Desont
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Desont
By Bahamut.Desont 2012-03-02 08:08:44
Link | Citer | R

I got a deal on a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 awhile back, and the macro keys will not work with XI. I can set them up to start my internet browser or calculator etc, but they wont work in XI.

I have used the keys with other games, both setting them up through the keyboard software and using the record button to record them on the fly.

Has anyone used this keyboard with XI? If I can't use the actual software, is there a way I can figure out how my computer recognizes the macro buttons and just bind the keys in my init.txt?

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-02 08:13:08
Link | Citer | R

As far as I know, only the G15 keyboard is actually supported, and that's only by a windower plugin =/
I have a G19 keyboard myself, and I can make the macro-buttons type out stuff like /ma stoneskin <me>, but it can mess up at times, not recognizing all the button presses etc.
Unsure how the key binding stuff in init works, maybe it's possible, I really had no idea :<
By volkom 2012-03-02 08:43:59
Link | Citer | R

macro a mouse~ like a razer naga :D
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2012-03-02 09:06:23
Link | Citer | R

i have a v1 g15. you don't need the plugin to make it work. just some know how. point the gkey to type a alias and create a script.

as for the sidewider i havent used it or its program so i dont know how it
just make sure its picking up the right .exe?