Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Stardiver Testing
Stardiver Testing
 Ragnarok.Amador
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-22 20:54:04
Link | Citer | R

It is ideal to WS in Lancer's Plackart+2, Vambrace +2, Cullotes +2. It is not acceptable to WS in Boots, Head. Unless of course for boots you're using Camlann's Torment which makes them ideal.

Other than that get Hct. Leggings +1, Twilight Helm is amazing, Ares's Body is great too, Heafoc I dislike greatly.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-22 21:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
I'm one of those guys that ws's in his +2 lancer set every time unless the wyvern is dead or hurt badly, is this a bad idea? ^^. Otherwise I put on heafoc mitts/gigantes boots/twilight helm/ares body/lancers +2 pants.

ATK+4/TP bonus +25. Flame/Light/Water gorget/belt all work for neck/belt. If you're not far enough in WotG to get a Moonshade yet, replace with a Flame/Vulvan's Pearl; but it is the best earring for the weapon skill. :x If you need to redo the augments, a SMN can solo it (as I have found out recently and done so myself!) Also, my Heca boots have STR+4/Polearm+4 augment ^^ Left the ammo empty for you to fill in with whatever works for you.
 Gilgamesh.Meldity
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Meldity
By Gilgamesh.Meldity 2011-12-22 22:10:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty much *** all with the synergy augments with the hecatomb leggings(looks like itll take forever), think ill just grab the gigantes.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-22 22:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Ammo should be Thew Bomblet realistically.

The new Ammo +15 Attack should be used for Drakesbane I feel. However when it comes to Stardiver there's nothing to replace Thew Bomblet currently, and it is very easy to obtain.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-12-22 23:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Meldity said: »
I'm pretty much *** all with the synergy augments with the hecatomb leggings(looks like itll take forever), think ill just grab the gigantes.

I got it on the third try :<
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-22 23:43:24
Link | Citer | R

You can get +4 STR +4 Polearm Skill and +6 Attack...

Mine are currently STR+3 ATK +5. I'm still trying for that perfect set though.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Serveur: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-12-31 15:37:19
Link | Citer | R

if i were to merit sam, could sam level 3 SC anything with stardiver? personally like busting out my spear occasionally when the need arises.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-02 14:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Schatzie said: »
if i were to merit sam, could sam level 3 SC anything with stardiver? personally like busting out my spear occasionally when the need arises.

It makes Darkness with that JA SAM has(Too lazy to recall the name)
Did you try Gimpulse->Stardiver yet? I'm not sure if they are on the same side of the Skillchain or not.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Serveur: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-01-02 17:24:08
Link | Citer | R

i was thinking that might work, ill try it when i finish gimpulse trial.
By Ophannus 2012-01-03 08:21:40
Link | Citer | R

They're on the same side; Gravitation that is.
By Ophannus 2012-01-03 08:22:44
Link | Citer | R

It would have been so awesome if Stardiver was Fragmentation so we could do Stardiver>Drakesbane to self SC Light.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-01-28 17:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Mekira Oto +1 pushes Stardiver damage on Darksday, Earthday, and Lightsday to: 4.545 fTP

Meaning: 1.13625 fTP per hit.

DA on this WS pushes it to: 5.682125

TA on this WS pushes it to: 6.8175

QA on this WS pushes it to: 7.95375 (This however is impossible currently unless DRG obtains a Non Neck/Waist/Helm that has QA on it)

Drakesbane by comparison is only ever: 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0

Just a slight tid bit on the increasing damage for it. More gear with fTP increases and or TP Bonus could potentially put Stardiver for non Mythics up.

However, I guess at this point in the game it's pretty clear that if you don't have a Ryunohige Level 99 you're pretty below par on the damage output a DRG with OATw-Th w/ +30% Drakesbane damage will be dishing out.

Pretty... underwhelming. Even with the idea of lower jump timers being in place that simply means in so many ways that Ryunohige can keep their aftermath up so much more easily. Regardless of that, they still have well over 50%? potentially even more damage over anything else currently over any other polearm regardless.

All in all, it's questionable if a DRG who had a level 99 Ryunohige would even consider to utilize this WS for the +5% Critical Hit Rate boost and lose 50-60% damage on a single WS.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-02-01 11:08:05
Link | Citer | R

I personally will continue to use stardiver sparingly (even whenever i get a 99 Ryu).

My general strategy these days is:
300TP Drakes (kickstart aftermath)
Jump/Med/Soemthing to get TP swiftly
~100TP stardiver for Gravitation SC.

The gravitation SC makes up most, if not all or more of the damage lost by downgrading from draksbane for me and i get the crit eva effect.

Once jumps are down to ~50 seconds, I can rather easily repeat that process about every minute to maintain that 1min eva down effect.

Drakes>Star>Gravitation+eva down.
1min later repeat.

Stardiver is not (at lv 95 with 15% drakes) so far behind that this is bad. I imagine a T2 SC more than compensates for the minor hit from using star over drakes right now. At 99, even another 15% boost shoulnt beat a T2 SC damage AND the crit eva effect.

Star will probably stay as a utility WS to sprinkle in.
By Ophannus 2012-02-02 00:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Been using Star these days as DRG/WAR in VW. The sub only works really with a COR doing Misers Roll but my average WS damage is like 1k more on higher tier VW than it was with /SAM. Averaging 2.5kish on Qilin whereas before I was doing 800-1.5k