Murasamemaru Hidden Effect

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Murasamemaru hidden effect
Murasamemaru hidden effect
By Gimpness 2012-06-25 01:06:45
Link | Citer | R

So according to Sly: (he might be about to post this)

Steely Weapon (Ranged Damage only) took 0 damage from Shoha and 0 damage from melee hits.

Fired Urn (Slashing Damage only) took 0 damage from Shoha and normal damage from melee hits.

Lode Golem (Magic Damage only) took 0 damage from Shoha, 0 damage from melee hits, 0 damage from Jinpu, and 0 damage from Kagero.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-06-25 01:18:42
Link | Citer | R

OK! Results are in. Though I have no parse or Screenshots since I'm on Xbox and Gimp decided Bismarck is more important.

Steely Weapon, an NM that only takes ranged damage: Shoha = 0 Damage.

Fired Urn, NM that takes slashing damage only: Normal attacks dealt damage, Shoha = 0 damage. Did this a few times

Lode Golem, an NM that takes only magic damage: Shoha = 0 damage. Jinpu and Kagero = 0 damage.
By Gimpness 2012-06-25 01:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Slytribal said: »
Gimp decided Bismarck is more important.
shhh ;-; Jic still needs a locket.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Eckeward
Serveur: Phoenix
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2012-06-25 03:51:02
Link | Citer | R

To tier 1 elementals in altepa, with no food etc and 300% tp, 2.9 average WSs using Murasamemaru. 700 average using Kikugosaku

Was it an Earth elemental or Fire? Might make difference^^
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-06-25 09:04:11
Link | Citer | R

For the sake of the testing i went out on my DRK to Ro'Maeve and beat up on a few of those mobs to see if Twilight Scythe gets around any of those immunities those mobs have...it does NOT, so dont rule out anything still. I still like the idea of the ZB NM in Grauberg, in theory the GK should work exactly like Twilight scythe, during either phase, it should take (full) dmg. Hopefully someone with it can test this later today.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-06-25 09:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Eckeward said: »
To tier 1 elementals in altepa, with no food etc and 300% tp, 2.9 average WSs using Murasamemaru. 700 average using Kikugosaku

Was it an Earth elemental or Fire? Might make difference^^

It was Earth Elemental
 Bahamut.Slytribal
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-06-25 09:59:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
For the sake of the testing i went out on my DRK to Ro'Maeve and beat up on a few of those mobs to see if Twilight Scythe gets around any of those immunities those mobs have...it does NOT, so dont rule out anything still. I still like the idea of the ZB NM in Grauberg, in theory the GK should work exactly like Twilight scythe, during either phase, it should take (full) dmg. Hopefully someone with it can test this later today.

I will test it today with Gimp's parse, don't know when though
 Bahamut.Slytribal
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2012-06-25 10:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Better question is, do those NM take dmg from twilight scythe? because if not then maybe they're the exception. you did only fight new expansion NM designed to evade dmg after all

Aquarius would be a good test too. can see how much dmg he takes from a ws with and without murasamemaru

The main thing is, the Slashing NM, which takes damage from normal hits, and WSs from other GKs, did NOT take damage from Murasamemaru in WS, and the Magic NM didn't take damage from Jinpu or Kageru, which it does via other GKs. Therefore I feel the test shows it does not give a damage type.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-06-25 11:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Valefor.Starrscream[Report] Score: 4

Well legend says Murasame Maru would cut thru anything so maybe it has an effect like twilight scythe? Has anyone gotten one yet?

2011-12-30 23:50:04

Sounds like Starrscream was onto its effect 7 months ago. (quote from Mura item page
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-06-25 12:09:03
Link | Citer | R

I wish I had one >.> I'd be all over testing that effect. The ones that I'd be curious of would be: Monsters under the effect of Invincible (not only would the IG in Uleguerand be a good candidate for inv. spam, you could also test whether the GK gets bonus damage in all-phases of IG/nophases/normal slashing phase) and PDT custards in neo-nyzul (also the absorb ones).

It could be semi-handy to keep around.... i guess. I don't really do samurai but it seems like taking samurai and attempting to get more DoT and less spike from the stp master job seems like reinventing the wheel.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Stunx
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-25 12:46:22
Link | Citer | R

SE apparently are the source of this being confirmed about 30 or so hours ago along with 3 other secrets/tricks. i'm shocked the NA reps still haven't shared them.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-06-25 13:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Would this hidden effect apply to all pulse weapons by any chance? Or is it unique to murasamemaru?
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-25 13:17:26
Link | Citer | R

most likely just this weapon, cuz it was too shitty of a pulse weapon to be only the stats shown in the description of it. Also SE months ago said there was a hidden effect, and yesterday they shared it with no mention of other weapons.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-06-25 13:39:40
Link | Citer | R

All the other Pulse weapons have their "hidden" effects displayed. As far as I know, this was the only mystery weapon.
By Gimpness 2012-06-25 14:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
yeah I would keep it on me at all times if I had one too, Handy ***if it really does function like that

I'm 99% sure it does. There's pretty significant evidence to show it too.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-25 14:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't look like a half bad weapon then for situational use. Might have to get one now lol
By Gimpness 2012-06-25 14:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Twilight Scythe for SAM! :3
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-06-25 16:08:26
Link | Citer | R

But so much harder to get!

In all seriousness though, i think the evidence is conclusive enough, and gdi, now i need to spam this *** NM, b/c like the scythe, i would always keep it on me.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [239 days between previous and next post]
By Shogunazzazzin 2013-02-19 14:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Stunx said: »
SE apparently are the source of this being confirmed about 30 or so hours ago along with 3 other secrets/tricks. i'm shocked the NA reps still haven't shared them.
What are those other secrets/tricks? Can anyone point us to the official SE confirmation.
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-02-19 14:27:56
Link | Citer | R

lawls, very old now. a few days after that post NA SE reps addressed this, if you search you can find it on these forums.

the other ***was /fume to reset VW procs, and something about rng shots for no enmity, its been so long i forgot exactly what.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-19 14:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Shogunazzazzin said: »
Siren.Stunx said: »
What are those other secrets/tricks? Can anyone point us to the official SE

Based on the timeframe I'm going to go with the /fume and whatnot that was discussed at vanafest. Also, pretty impressive necro.
By Shogunazzazzin 2013-02-19 14:44:41
Link | Citer | R

So you dont know either huh? Lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-19 14:47:01
Link | Citer | R

Shogunazzazzin said: »
So you dont know huh? Lol

Quoting hearsay from 8 month old forum post and getting uppity about vague answers.

winning...

It came out of translations of the vanafest broadcasts, i don't believe there was ever an official announcement, hence the anger from the na/eu communities about unfair favoritism. All came down about the time if the dual jp bonanza's and the crap version we got.
By Shogunazzazzin 2013-02-19 15:13:35
Link | Citer | R

My bad I wasnt trying to be an *** :) I'm still interested in finding out what these tricks and secrets are. To me its cool knowing these ffxi hiddens eggs. I remember for years no one knew wth was the point of the Doll Gizmo. :)
 Siren.Stunx
By Siren.Stunx 2013-02-19 15:14:57
Link | Citer | R

it was made official on the forums and they said sorry for missing it. further in this thread i go into detail about all 3 "secrets" they revealed, idc enough to find my post about it though.

edit: yea those are the 3 things. the GK, the /fume, the RNG thing, by now the info is prolly all included on wiki pages now as "facts" and not "secrets".