users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM gear 95
SAM gear 95
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-10-17 14:33:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Nope your math is dead on, this is the current gear set a Masamune user should gear towards.

TP:

WS:

Maybe I'm missing something here but this doesn't make 5-hit.

20.8 * 4) + 16.6 = 99.8

I personally just WS in Hagneia Stone.
 Lakshmi.Odude
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2011-10-17 14:42:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Bladewing said: »
@Riken SAM cant use Epona's

So if understanding right you are over shooting sTP on TP setup so you get 21.01 per hit to make up for what is missed on the WS? Makes sense just want to understand it correctly. TBH I was only looking at TP set and had not had time to look at WS set and do the numbers so this helps.
Yes, you will generally need to over shoot the 20% TP mark to make up for the lost TP on WS. Your WS should be factored into your build, usually as the 1st hit.

Riken said: »
/facepalm on Epona's...I was aware of the haidate giving the hasso, but what I'm saying is, if using hasso, Kabuto would be a better choice then Zelus. Opens up a ring and ear slot for things other then STP.
I don't think you can cap out haste with out that 8% from the tiara. Unless you resort to /DRG and dust off the wyvern earring. The extra bonus to Hasso is calculated outside of gear. It doesn't give the pants 6.5%, it makes Hasso 12.5%. So Hasso up or down, you still would want to shoot for the gear Haste cap.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-10-17 14:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Nope your math is dead on, this is the current gear set a Masamune user should gear towards.

TP:

WS:

Maybe I'm missing something here but this doesn't make 5-hit.

20.8 * 4) + 16.6 = 99.8

I personally just WS in Hagneia Stone.

or you could sell hachiryu and ws in af3+2 legs and save ~10m.

(same trade off either way, but one gives you ~10m in your pocket)

inb4 "what is gil foar nowadays?"

edit- you could always try your luck on Shura haidate+1 and get str augment with stp on them.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-17 14:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Nope your math is dead on, this is the current gear set a Masamune user should gear towards. TP: WS:
Maybe I'm missing something here but this doesn't make 5-hit. 20.8 * 4) + 16.6 = 99.8 I personally just WS in Hagneia Stone.
or you could sell hachiryu and ws in af3+2 legs and save ~10m. (same trade off either way, but one gives you ~10m in your pocket) inb4 "what is gil foar nowadays?"

Thats actually what I did, and why my sets no longer match up. Need to use AF3+2 legs to get 100.

Not sure what I'll do once I finish Yoichi and use a GKT WS, will have to either cut haste, use tactical or WS in more STP.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
By Xorn 2011-11-29 20:18:31
Link | Citer | R

In response to Taint's sets, what's the best way to keep it as close to that as possible without Usukane feet? In other words, where do I add more STP in my WS set?
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-11-29 20:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Yes, Hagneia Stone fits perfectly if using the above sets.

(20.6 * 4) + 17.7 = 100.1

Edit: Assuming you're using Ace's Leggings instead of Usukane Sune-ate.
 Bahamut.Herrmann
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Herrmann
By Bahamut.Herrmann 2011-11-29 21:07:27
Link | Citer | R

What is the reasoning behind using usukane feet instead of ace's leggings for TP if you're not at haste cap? You're saying all you sacrifice is thew bomblet on Weapon skills.
By Xorn 2011-11-29 21:19:19
Link | Citer | R

sweet, so all i need is hagneia stone. thanks.
By Xorn 2011-11-29 21:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Herrmann said: »
What is the reasoning behind using usukane feet instead of ace's leggings for TP if you're not at haste cap? You're saying all you sacrifice is thew bomblet on Weapon skills.

I didn't even notice that the set with Usukane feet only provides 25% in gear haste. That's a good question.
 Asura.Dtroyy
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-11-29 21:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Isn't 25% > 26% only like .25% haste?
By Xorn 2011-11-29 21:47:23
Link | Citer | R

It's something like that. I guess the 11 accuracy you get during TP is better than that small amount of haste? idk.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-11-29 21:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Xorn said: »
It's something like that. I guess the 11 accuracy you get during TP is better than that small amount of haste? idk.
Haste would obviously be better, unless for some reason you're dying for accuracy.

Edit: Though the trade off would actually be coming from the STR/Atk of not using Thew rather than the Acc difference of Ace's and Usu.