New walk of echoes
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-09-21 19:48:18
Link | Citer | R

saw that no one made a post about this (guess it wasn't the highlight of the update). wanted to ask what everyone thinks of new WoE system and what your experiences have been with drops on old 7 as well as the new 4 fights.

for those that don't know. the update changed WoE so that everyone that enters is considered in a group, like campaign. also mobs DO NOT DROP COINS<<< BUT when you finish, you get judged by how much you did in the fight (like it used to be) but now, everyone gets their OWN loot. similar to voidwatch, but better drops. so everyone clicks chest, they all get their own items.

personally i've been getting coins pretty easily. did 4 or so runs and got 6 ruin, 2... something, and 1 of a few others. also have gotten 2 devious dice (yea and you will need 100 >.>; not a very high drop rate). also gotten plenty of random money items and magic scrolls.

the only new fight i tried was #8, which is a bunch of turtles. normal colored turtles spam tortoise song mostly and use other turtle abilities. white turtles spam tortoise smash and shell harden. final boss... didn't get too far before timed out XD I've heard of people getting new scrolls such as temper in WoE, so what's everyone's experience with that in the new fights?

mostly been doing them with japanese people that have been hanging out there, but i really hope this starts to pick up so its not impossible for people to get in them. you get around 7~10k exp per run (if you're doing stuff well) and ALWAYS get drops. plus no exp loss and you automatically get raised after 30 seconds, so its pretty easy to just jump in and go now.

tl;dr. what's your experiences with new WoE updates?
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-09-21 19:58:26
Link | Citer | R

I am very pleased with the changes. People are happy to team up, and it seems more lively, and enjoyable. I did WoE since it's release, and the leech lotting just killed it. I am ok with the smaller amount of coins per run, and the effort=reward deal. Only thing I have a problem with is blackscreens in flux 7 on 2/3 runs.

I did like 7 runs got 5 birth 1 decay 3 glory 2 ruin, and one devious die.

What have people seen the dice bazaaring for on your servers?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-09-21 19:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Don't like the new reward system. Someone could get coins they don't need while someone else in the run needs those coins. With a treasure pool, you could pass coins you didn't need, get coins you need.

What they needed to do was instance the thing, so groups who had agreed upon lotting rules could go in uninterrupted.

Also, it now requires you to clear a run to get any drops, so soloing/duo'ing coins is no longer going to happen.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-09-21 20:15:16
Link | Citer | R

i agree that both voidwatch and now WoE need some kinda option to kick items into a pool. abyssea and campaign is proof that that is possible. but i still think this update is better than before, yea you'll get coins you don't need sometimes but you will always get something, you wont constantly be outlotted. and it does kinda suck you can't solo coins anymore but... you can still run there yourself solo, just help out the group (or in most cases the group of solo players also there) in a run, like campaign, and all get rewarded.

so assuming people actually keep interest in WoE now, i don't think not being able to solo will be any problem. if after these first couple weeks no one starts going to WoE... then yea SE will need to change things again, but as long as people want the NQ weapons, they should still have interest... i hope XD

EDIT NOTE: well and people could just make their own group runs for it but... i may be a part of a minority on this but i like the concept of just being able to do something without having a big LS to do thing or shouting forever. that's why i like campaign, just run in and join the group. i hope that can keep up in WoE and it doesn't have to turn into a new BCNM system... i think that's the appeal in NQ weapons compared to HQ empyren, one you can mostly solo(not solo for WoE but you can run in and go). the other needs groups to do over and over
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2011-09-21 20:24:52
Link | Citer | R

I like the new system , while i agree it isnt perfect , its alot better than before . It seems SMN kinda owns it so that makes me happy that SMN can do soemthing than be a PD Zerg Mage .
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-09-21 20:27:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm just doing WoE for the first time and it is pretty fun, even on DNC where it comes down to die, raise, NFR, RF, heal something, die, repeat...

I do kinda wish I could give the coins away since I don't need them, maybe SE will do something about that.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-09-21 20:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
What they needed to do was instance the thing, so groups who had agreed upon lotting rules could go in uninterrupted.

I always thought they should have just made the coins able to be put on the auction house. I would have sold a bunch of the ones I didn't need.

Even with the old system in a run of your own shell, you still got coins you didn't want from chests.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-09-21 20:54:03
Link | Citer | R

has anyone gotten pouches since the update?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-09-21 20:55:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said: »

Even with the old system in a run of your own shell, you still got coins you didn't want from chests.
That was just extra reward though for exploiting the point system, regardless of whether or not you were actually any use to the run, not mob drops (which are now eliminated)
 Sylph.Lobbi
user: Lobby
By Sylph.Lobbi 2011-09-21 20:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Phaffi said: »

i had two pounches in 1 chest, at conflux #2
By Kobaine 2011-09-21 21:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Lobbi, your avatar is both amazing and disturbing at the same time lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-21 21:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Phaffi said: »

Just got a pouch of decay from 07 15 minutes ago.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-09-21 21:16:53
Link | Citer | R

anyone know anything about this... this morning i saw a JP whm do a 15k dmg earth crusher on flux 3 boss, and a 10k flash nove.... wtf is that??
 Leviathan.Novax
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-09-21 21:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Brew
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-09-21 21:21:56
Link | Citer | R

i know many have negative opinions about using the official forums XD but i posted here suggesting the ability to pool items for others to lot for both VW and WoE. so if you'd like please speak your mind there or rate up or whatever will help to let SE know we want this.

its already been posted there regarding VW somewhat before, but just wanted to bring it back up as a continuing interest for them to know... i can pretend they care can't i? XD
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-09-21 21:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Yep you can get lucky with brew in WoE now. I liked the old WoE and I like the new WoE. The new fluxes are tougher, can't just punch your way through really easy like. The down side is going to be when all the JP's get dice done and clearing zones will be a little harder. Was nice when some of the mobs could drop a little sumthin sumthin.

Overall I have to say I'm pleased with the direction the game has taken with voidwatch and WoE.

BTW I havent done turtles but I did do the mandies and turuls. Nothing like those mobs there to deflate your confidence when wielding ukko's fury. Abyssea has spoiled us all!
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-21 21:27:33
Link | Citer | R

43 wins so far since the update, I've gotten 5 coin of advancement, 3 glory, 1 birth, and 2 dice. 0 pouches. Been doing 05/06/10 mostly.

New WoE is alot friendlier/easier to do, in the sense there's a bunch of people doing them and you can just join whenever and be solo and still get a chest. But the rate of obtaining coins? Worse than before, by far. At least based on my experience of the last 43 runs. *** new WoE, 90 empyreans are faster to make than 90 WoE the way it's been going for me.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-09-21 21:30:49
Link | Citer | R

O.o i think you're just getting horribly unlucky virtuosus, or I'm the opposite. i've been getting better coin drops and most the people with me. maybe your not getting high evaluation? if not then yea... sounds like either bad luck for you or good luck for me
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-09-21 21:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I did about 5-6 runs and gotten at least a coin or dice every single time, and I'm not even doing well with evaluations. I got better drops with 5k exp on war/sam doing ws and dying versus coming pld/whm and getting 12k points - that was only run I didn't get anything.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-21 21:43:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
O.o i think you're just getting horribly unlucky virtuosus, or I'm the opposite. i've been getting better coin drops and most the people with me. maybe your not getting high evaluation? if not then yea... sounds like either bad luck for you or good luck for me

13-15k every run.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-21 21:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said: »
43 wins so far since the update, I've gotten 5 coin of advancement, 3 glory, 1 birth, and 2 dice. 0 pouches. Been doing 05/06/10 mostly.

New WoE is alot friendlier/easier to do, in the sense there's a bunch of people doing them and you can just join whenever and be solo and still get a chest. But the rate of obtaining coins? Worse than before, by far. At least based on my experience of the last 43 runs. *** new WoE, 90 empyreans are faster to make than 90 WoE the way it's been going for me.
Suck less, get better evaluations
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-21 21:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »

I thought it capped at 15k? lol
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-09-21 21:55:39
Link | Citer | R

Sorry I purposely sucked bad and still got coins and dice. It really is totally random. Which makes sense since they probably meant WoE to have a better balance of jobs come to play...cept for the jp's that all bring Garuda lol.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
Serveur: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-09-21 22:38:45
Link | Citer | R

My group is up to 82 total runs. 21 coins total. 2 pouches. There appears to be no correlation between your evaluation and your loot as mules barely breaking 5 account for a large number of our coins and both of our pouches.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-21 22:54:10
Link | Citer | R

I thought it capped at 15k? lol
Sorry, was duoing some jobs to 95, anyways had you quoted for a while before submitting and didn't see your post saying you were getting consistently high evaluations, my apologies. Naturally you'd think that higher evaluations would improve one's chance, but that would like, make sense, or something. I guess it really is just stupid luck, so again, terribly sorry.

Siren.Barber said: »
My group is up to 82 total runs. 21 coins total. 2 pouches. There appears to be no correlation between your evaluation and your loot as mules barely breaking 5 account for a large number of our coins and both of our pouches.
Thanks for the input regarding low evaluation pouch-drops, I suppose we really can confirm that pouch drops are either unlinked to evaluation level, or have a very small relation, increasing the abyssmal rate by only 1~2%
 Cerberus.Eliane
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-09-21 23:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Awww yea
[+]
By mortontony1 2011-09-21 23:24:08
Link | Citer | R

Brew drops from the mobs? WTF?!
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-21 23:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Don't see a point to ever doing a WOE weapon. You can get any other real emp much much faster(like 1/20th the time) unless you're INCREDIBLY lucky. Level 85 real emps also beat level 99 WOE weapons so...

Why does WOE exist again?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-09-21 23:29:18
Link | Citer | R

mortontony1 said: »

As a temp item, yeah, randomly.
Doesn't go in a treasure pool or anything. You just might get lucky and receive one, similar to how/when you get temp item elixirs/ethers/drinks/etc.
By mortontony1 2011-09-21 23:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
mortontony1 said: »

As a temp item, yeah, randomly.
Doesn't go in a treasure pool or anything. You just might get lucky and receive one, similar to how/when you get temp item elixirs/ethers/drinks/etc.

That's awesome! I would assume it's like other abyssea temp items, so you it stays with you when you zone out, and it's back when you zone back in?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7