First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-06-29 13:51:35
Link | Citer | R

personally i dont give a *** about what people say here

if a monk and white mage can duo it, i will find a way to, just to show it can be done
[+]
By Aerison 2011-06-29 13:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
nin has a good amount of red procs, and with +2 can get even more shadows then ever, sam can hit a few red procs and can still use seigan + utsu if /nin

What is the sam using to keep hate?

talking about fudo sam, when duoing with my whm i never really seem to have hate issues (speaking about orthrus)

I believe tiger's question still stands
 Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-06-29 13:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Keeping hate off of a whm is hard.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-06-29 13:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
yeah it may not have a critical weaponskill, but using the right atmas, actually having your PDT and MDT gear sets, and knowing what the hell your doing ACTUALLY makes it into a decent job

it has a few shortcomings too, but it has the tools that are needed to actually tank and deal damage

might not be as good as a monk due to HP, well merit your hp, still not enough? get your hp abyssites? still bad? then your obviously doing it wrong

nin has a good amount of red procs, and with +2 can get even more shadows then ever, sam can hit a few red procs and can still use seigan + utsu if /nin

personally, it sounds to me like you just dont like sam in general, and not contributing much to the thread
SAM is going to be doing half as much damage as a war and taking just as much damage. Sure you can do abyssea with a sam, but it's a really bad option for a new small group. Not to mention that you will have hell of a time lowmanning some NMs with a sam DD. Try sam+whm brulo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-29 13:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Play what you want and don't give a ***, but don't imply sam is better than it is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-06-29 13:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Krsone said:
Jinpu/Koki and if tp isnt needed for those then Shikikoyo the better dd's.
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-06-29 13:54:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Play what you want and don't give a ***, but don't imply sam is better than it is.

/thread?
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-06-29 13:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
SAM just doesn't have any place in abyssea. A masamune sam will be subpar to a gimp nin/mnk/war.
Idk about all this. In fact, I'd have to call this trolling. I've seen some "gimp nin/mnk/war" that couldn't even hit the mob with WS's only, using sea daughter atma. However, I would like to acknowledge that a Sam's role in abbysea has about as much of a place as Rdm or PLd, sadly.
Gimp meaning, having intelligent gear but not having optimal gear. (empyrean+1 instead of +2 for example) I'm not talking about some full aurore retard who uses destroyers.
[+]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-06-29 13:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Look, I am just stating SAM has little use in Abyssea. I mentioned MNK + WHM during blunt for blue proc... Obviously.

Clearly I don't use WHM + MNK for red proc as that would be silly. WAR and NIN instead.

For the thread debate about SAM and it's uses - WHM, MNK, WAR, NIN is all you need for red/blue proc.. Where would a SAM fit in unless your group isn't up to par.

I would like to play SAM but because of the above reason and the damage output, I play WAR instead.
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-06-29 13:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/thread?

A-f'ing-men
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-06-29 13:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Aerison said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

What is the sam using to keep hate?

talking about fudo sam, when duoing with my whm i never really seem to have hate issues (speaking about orthrus)

I believe tiger's question still stands
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:

if a monk and white mage can duo it, i will find a way to, just to show it can be done
Duo shinryu, brulo, and apademak without brew then.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-29 13:59:23
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-06-29 14:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:

mk

Point still stands that monk and ninja can do it better.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-06-29 14:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Brulo isn't hard, and if the MNK can reach lightning resist cap, Apademak can be duo'd.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-06-29 14:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Yes my point was that mnk can do this fine and sam cannot. WHM with macc atmas/ascetic's can just stun every spell on apademak though. SAM will take too long to kill and it will build resist. I guess sam could probably take brulo as sam/mnk. Only mentioned brulo because it's one of the few physically dangerous monsters in abyssea.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-29 14:21:34
Link | Citer | R

war and nin can do it even better

just saying

:D
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-06-29 14:22:17
Link | Citer | R

I ran Brulo around the zone until it raged. It never landed a hit on my THF. It's not a hard mob to kill, you just need a little healing to offset the spikes.

If MNK can reach Lightning cap, so can SAM. MNK's only benefit would be counter rate and higher evasion - but SAM gets Seigan and Third Eye.

The only reason MNK > SAM is because of blue procs. You could cure bomb a DRK and they'd tank just as well as a MNK. Hell, if a BRD could keep hate, they'd tank just as well as any other job.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-29 14:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I ran Brulo around the zone until it raged. It never landed a hit on my THF. It's not a hard mob to kill, you just need a little healing to offset the spikes.

If MNK can reach Lightning cap, so can SAM. MNK's only benefit would be counter rate and higher evasion - but SAM gets Seigan and Third Eye.

The only reason MNK > SAM is because of blue procs. You could cure bomb a DRK and they'd tank just as well as a MNK. Hell, if a BRD could keep hate, they'd tank just as well as any other job.
If you "cure-bombed" a Drk, it wouldn't be the Drk that'd be tanking. It'd be the Whm...
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-06-29 14:27:36
Link | Citer | R

By all means, evasion tank brulo on sam then. Show me some consistent fulm resists with just barthundra(and atma), then I'll believe that's possible. Since when does damage mean nothing? I guess taking twice as long to do things is cool.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-29 14:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Funny how everyone was raving about how awesome SAM was before, then the Zanshin update was announced and it was like "OMG THIS IS FKING AWESOME!!" but now this....wtf happened? lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-29 14:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Best role for Samurai in Abyssea

hi
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-06-29 14:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
By all means, evasion tank brulo on sam then. Show me some consistent fulm resists with just barthundra(and atma), then I'll believe that's possible. Since when does damage mean nothing? I guess taking twice as long to do things is cool.
MNK is nothing special. It's placed at the point right now where it takes advantage of a niche that only it can fulfill. That's cool and all, but Abyssea is FFXI's easy mode. People can pat themselves on the back for it, but auto-**** seems a bit like an over-celebration.

Point is: Most job combos can kill things. The real reason MNK "shines" is because it has access to most blunt procs for gear drops. In every other situation, MNK WHM duo is inefficient.

EDIT: Fixed.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-29 14:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Phoenix.Dramatica said:
MNK is nothing special. It's placed at the point right now where it takes advantage of a niche that only it can fulfill. That's cool and all, but Abyssea is FFXI's easy mode. People can pat themselves on the back for it, but auto-fellacio seems a bit like an over-celebration.

Point is: Most job combos can kill things. The real reason MNK "shines" is because it has access to most blunt procs for gear drops. In every other situation, MNK WHM duo is inefficient.

*auto-***
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-29 14:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Faelar said:
Funny how everyone was raving about how awesome SAM was before, then the Zanshin update was announced and it was like "OMG THIS IS FKING AWESOME!!" but now this....wtf happened? lol

74.81% of these ppl didnt even post in my sam zanshin thread! your statement is invalid!
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-06-29 14:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Pardon. I knew I should have right-clicked that red-underline!
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-06-29 14:47:26
Link | Citer | R

MNK is easily the second strongest and the safest DD in abyssea. I don't see where this even turned into a mnk debate, the point is that mnk nin or war are all much better and more efficient than sam in abyssea. MNK is for blues, nin and war are for reds. ***'s situational.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-29 14:47:32
Link | Citer | R

I missed the part where DRK started being a damage dealer and also had an 80% counter rating.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-06-29 14:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Yes my point was that mnk can do this fine and sam cannot.
@Dramatica: To answer your question, right there.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-29 14:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:

If you "cure-bombed" a Drk, it wouldn't be the Drk that'd be tanking. It'd be the Whm...

WHM curing doesnt create much hate and you can pretty much ride Cure V if you want.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-06-29 14:52:08
Link | Citer | R

Even if your lightning resist strategy works, I still don't see sam easily killing either of those. SAM WHM shinryu duo without brew just isn't going to happen.