Forum » FFXI » General » My guide to FFXI on a Mac
My guide to FFXI on a Mac
 Asura.Barnabas
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Boost3r
By Asura.Barnabas 2012-07-27 03:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so I play perfectly on my MBP 12' using Bootcamp. However, when i use Parallels, sometimes while trying to login to the the game i get POL-2059 Error. Then, sometimes im just standing around...and boom POL-2059 Error. It boots me out faster then i can blink.

Does anyone have and suggestions. Im not on Mountain Lion, everything is updated.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-27 03:27:05
Link | Citer | R

I can't really help with your problem, but how's the performance when you run it with parallels?
I never managed to get a good enough FPS outa it, and just went the bootcamp route.
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-07-27 03:49:47
Link | Citer | R

I have kinda the same problem. Mines freezes on the character select screen 100% of the time in parallels, but runs fine on bootcamp :( sucks
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-27 06:39:53
Link | Citer | R

I do not understand why did u not just use bootcamp like all the other mac users. boot in to windows with bootcamp then play that way.

I am talking about the OP in this message.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chairman
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chairman
By Quetzalcoatl.Chairman 2012-07-27 14:05:20
Link | Citer | R

POL-2059 is an error that appears to happen when there's a brief connection loss. If it works without issue in Boot Camp, there's probably some issue with the virtual network adapter in Parallels.
By ianpyst 2012-07-27 14:10:39
Link | Citer | R

I've had problems when using the bootcamp partition in parallels along these lines, and a blank slate install into a new virtual machine solved my issues. Although I just copied the FFXI install directories over to the new virtual machine to save time installing and updating the game, once I had finished updating Windows.
 Asura.Barnabas
By Asura.Barnabas 2012-07-27 21:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, I did notice it wasnt POL or FFXI it was the Network adapter for parallels. Hopfully i can find a fix.

But FFXI runs at 25-29.4
In 18/18 party doing book burns, 15-19
13 In Jeuno

But on Bootcamp, i have never seen it drop below 23.
 Asura.Barnabas
By Asura.Barnabas 2012-07-28 13:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so i didnt notice that you could up the ram, and gfx card on the VM...in fights im now running at 22fps

@Tigerwoods I'm ok, thanks. You're welcome to add +1 to your post count now.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-07-28 13:37:35
Link | Citer | R

I play on Mac and couldn't be happier, I love my old MacBook Pro. Although I play partitioned. Let's me dual box fine on graphics that I am content with..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1586 days between previous and next post]
By Enucleation 2016-11-30 08:34:50
Link | Citer | R

So I am pretty much trying to get this to work on my fiance's iMac but got stuck on #4 due to being unfamiliar with MAC and anything to do with wine ect ect. Any chance anyone has a bit of time to walk through?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [596 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kansetsu
user: Kanpeki
By Asura.Kansetsu 2018-07-19 20:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Enucleation said: »
So I am pretty much trying to get this to work on my fiance's iMac but got stuck on #4 due to being unfamiliar with MAC and anything to do with wine ect ect. Any chance anyone has a bit of time to walk through?

This is where I'm at as well. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
By Jetackuu 2018-07-19 20:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Step 1. Throw it away or sell it.

Step 2. Buy a proper computer.

If the above steps didn't work try them again from number 1.

If you're not tech savvy you shouldn't even mess with running it in wine, I wouldn't even recommend running it in a VM (although certainly viable). I probably wouldn't even suggest utilizing bootcamp and having multiple partitions. But one of those three methods would be your best bet.